Filler boards - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2017, 08:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Filler boards

For those of you who have filler boards to make up a lounge in the u shaped dinette
- what size is the filler board
- is it working well
- would you suggest a different size? And why?
Thanks
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Originally didn't use table and ordered one filler board which was 12", and it came with a cushion. Got home and made another 12" board and had cushion made. Stored both boards under the mattress.and left the cushions in dinette. Now with our 23" table we only need the cushions although we could use the back cushions instead. Leaving them up gives that much more insulation when sleeping back there though even at 6'2.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I had a 12", worked fine one time I used it but I had the original table along too. The 12" fit inside the rear bench which was nice for storage and the small corner cushions fit it. Trying a 24" table at the moment, worked ok as a lounge the other day in the rain other then the cushions don't fit it correctly. With Springfield pedistal the table needs to be the lounge.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:13 AM   #4

As you know Bob we're getting the Springfield pedestal - thus the questions about filler board size, looking to cut the table from the 28" and seeing what would be the max size for a filler board if we decided to use it as a lounge- then assessing wether that size filler board would also work as the table size....
'Have No Regrets'
Old 01-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Chapi, Debbie and I got the 12" filler board with matching cushion, and used it that way for almost a year in our U-shaped dinette. Lately, we have been leaving the filler board at home and using the standard size ETI table in the bed position, as our 'expanded lounge'. We use a wedge pillow behind our back and our legs are fully supported, like a real lounge.
As when the dinette is used as a second bed, the side/back cushions are used on top of the table for lounging, We WILL be keeping it this way.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #6

Here's a thought. the corner cushions on my 2014 are about 18" ( no tape measure with me), if I were to a make the table that size the cushions would fit nicely. The side cushions fit the original 29" table, so they won't work for a lounge. If you could get the width of the cushions on a new TA you could try that as a table at home and see what you think or you get stuck getting an extra set of cushions.

18 would be too small for us for a table but might work for you. 24 is about as small as I care to go, but thats just us.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #7

That's what I was thinking too Bob - 18" would probably work for us for the table, but the corner cushions need to go the other way to fit the 35" width of the table which means the width would be approx 15" which wouldn't be quite enough for a table - too bad that was the first thought I had as well.
Not sure what you mean about the new TA and size of cushions ?
'Have No Regrets'
Old 01-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #8

I was think g you were getting a new trailer.

If the existing corner cushions are the 15" and you want an 18" table, could you not make some 3" filler blocks out of 4" foam? Be easier to stash then an extra set of 18" cushions.

Fwiw, I picked up a 1/4 sheet of 3/4" oak ply and cut it to size to try 24" before cutting down the original.