Flush mount sink and cooktop? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Flush mount sink and cooktop?

As always, please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I searched several ways and couldn't find a clear answer.

I have imposed upon a friend who is a skilled woodworker to create new counter tops (dinettes, etc.) for me out of wide, carbonized bamboo ply. It will look amazing, and since I don't really have to pay him (other than dinner and drinks, which he gets regularly for free), it's one heck of a deal. Here's my question. If we're going to the trouble of replacing all the counter tops, why not change to flush mount sink and stove top. To be clear, I don't want a flush lid on a drop in sink and stovetop....I want a flush stovetop and a flush sink. When the covers are closed, there should be one smooth, level, even, flat surface. I know it seems like I'm over-explaining, but a google search for flush sink/stovetop has provided me with about 700,000 non-flush options, and I'm damned sick of looking.

If you have links to share, please do. If I've irritated you, please get a safety pin and hug yourself. If you can help, we'll cross paths some day and I'll provide you with cold beer and/or an amazing gin and tonic.

Thanks much. Love to all!
Sherm2954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
You mean like this? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RV-C...721790906.html

Looks like Dometic makes one: Dometic Stainless Steel Drop-in Round Sink with Dark Glass Lid and Folding Faucet - Lavatory Sinks - Sinks - Sink & Drain - Plumbing. These are used in European caravans.
Attached Images

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Thank you for the help. Where I'm getting crossed up is with the "drop-in" vs "flush". I've been hoping to find a sink and cooktop that would be completely flush when the glass covers are closed. The lip of the sink and edge of the cooktop would fit into a routered groove, making them completely flat. But maybe I'm chasing something that doesn't exist......
Thanks
Sherm2954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm2954 View Post
I want a flush stovetop and a flush sink. When the covers are closed, there should be one smooth, level, even, flat surface.

You may have already asked ETI, but they might be willing to not install countertop so you can install your custom one. Regardless I would let them know what your plans are, which if they are not willing to not install the counter top, they might make it easier to remove. Never hurts to ask.

Regarding flush RV stoves and sinks. I wanted what I think are better and larger sink and cook top and went with Dickinson 2 burner cook top which puts out more btu's and 15" Executive Zero radius sink which has 8" bowl depth.

The Dickinson cook top comes with a wood insert and ETI will not make a sink cover for customer supplied sinks so I had made custom inserts for the sink and cook top out of King Starboard. Maybe your handy man could make custom inserts for you.

May not be as smooth as you want, but works for me.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_1956.jpg   2-Burner-Drop-in.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote