Fridge size - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Steve, I just thought one sentence to describe your multi-month odyssey with the NovaKool was being way too modest. You are a cutting-edge trailblazer Sir. Stand tall!...

Old 02-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape, 19'
Thanks everybody for the responses. Sounds like an ongoing nightmare. Still undecided what to do; will try to talk with Reace this week and see if there's any updated solutions to this or make sure we get the 2 door if we do go with 6.7.....Karen

KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Thanks everybody for the responses. Sounds like an ongoing nightmare. Still undecided what to do; will try to talk with Reace this week and see if there's any updated solutions to this or make sure we get the 2 door if we do go with 6.7.....Karen
If you choose the 6.7CF it will be the two door RMD8555 Karen. I'd go with that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rmd8555.jpg (24.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #14

Thanks for the pic Robert, and yes, Steve did amazing things with his NovaKool, and he was being WAY too modest, great thread.
I'm a little mystified as to why ETI hasn't gone with another company, like Nova Kool, for their refrig. Having a reputation for giving the customer what they want, if it's possible, wonder why haven't they allowed people to special order other brands? Anybody have thoughts on this?
Old 02-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Just a guess, but, I expect the other manufacturers have their own history of complaints. Also, the price would go up ( think Costco ) if ETI were to buy small lots of fridges from different makers.
And, I believe, there is the issue of the size of the door that the fridge has to go through.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Did anyone ever ask what the charge would be to get ETI to replace an existing single door 6.7 with the new double door version?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Did anyone ever ask what the charge would be to get ETI to replace an existing single door 6.7 with the new double door version?
Some have reported that ETI would charge around $1400 for the 2 door. I assume there would also be an installation charge.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks for the pic Robert, and yes, Steve did amazing things with his NovaKool, and he was being WAY too modest, great thread.
I'm a little mystified as to why ETI hasn't gone with another company, like Nova Kool, for their refrig. Having a reputation for giving the customer what they want, if it's possible, wonder why haven't they allowed people to special order other brands? Anybody have thoughts on this?
There is more to it than just the brand, or even just the cost. Like many manufacturers, I assume that ETI finds it easier to go with one product line for a certain appliance.

Also, what about folks who want to dry camp and don't have solar? The RV industry fridges have been absorption/propane fridges for a long time because that allows people to have refrigeration without an electrical power source.

NovaKool is a COMPRESSOR based fridge (like the one in your kitchen) that doesn't use propane. It would only be suitable for folks who are always hooked up or who have solar, and ALOT of solar at that.

Trust me, this issue has been analyzed and re-analyzed on this forum as well as many others. Maybe the day will come when every trailer has enough electrical energy generating capability to make compressor fridges common, but for now that is not the case. Steve's efforts prove it is possible, but not without a substantial investment in the fridge and the solar, as well as the know-how to install it.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #19

Robert, thanks for your many replies on this. Seems like a lot of this is, as you say, the nature of the beast, rather than specific fridge manufacturers. I did just speak with Reace and we will most likely go with the same as you, the 6.7. He is certainly aware of the problems some have had & assured me he is continually working on installation methods, etc., and is hopeful.....your completion date is near, you must be excited!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #20

Quote:
your completion date is near, you must be excited!
More than you know Karen! The trailer has been completed for a couple weeks now, but we don't pick up until March 20th.

Escape Trailer Owners Community - rbryan4's Album: Past Tents - Build Photos

Quote:
I did just speak with Reace and we will most likely go with the same as you, the 6.7. He is certainly aware of the problems some have had & assured me he is continually working on installation methods, etc., and is hopeful..
Isn't Reace great? What a confident feeling knowing you're working with such a great company.