Going to the the light/dark side - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Old 07-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #31
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Don't even know what Blue-ray is.
Just as the CDs of the 1980s (which can store enough data for an hour of audio) were followed by the DVDs of the 1990s (which can store enough data for a couple hours of video), DVDs have been followed by Blu-ray Discs, of the 2000s, which can store enough data for high-definition movies.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #32
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Gosh what'll they think of next? Got this neat new, fancy but confusing radio on the dash of my truck but there's no slot for my 8-track.

Ever try programing favorite channels on one of them? And they say texting while driving is dangerous.

"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #33
Site Team
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Myron, at least you got the radio figured out. I had to take my truck back to the dealership just so they could show me how to turn the dang thing on! The manual was about as helpful as nuthin.'
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #34
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
I'm finally home, have internet and able to respond. Thanks for all the advice, helpful and otherwise ( Yeah, Jim's ;>) ). BTW, the TV is for occasional use, when we're trapped inside by crappy weather or want to keep up on the latest natural disaster.

Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #35
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B

I originally bought a Sharp 19" TV for our 17B. It has a beautiful picture! However I have a Seiki 13" 12 volt TV. in the trailer now. Only watch the TV when sitting in the large dinette and the screen is more than big enough. I also like that it folds flat, completely out of the way. It doesn't obstruct anyone getting into the dinette seats on that side where as the 19" did. When my husband is off fishing, he can sit at the table tying flies while watching his fishing dvd's.

We have our TV mounted to the fridge side panel - I ordered my panels with extra ply because I knew I would be mounting things. We also went for the larger fridge so I converted the microwave cabinet into my audio cupboard - my dvd's and Blu-ray player are located there - the connections are also wired into the stereo speakers for better sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer tv.jpg (154.3 KB, 12 views)
2011 17B 2003 TOYOTA TACOMA
"Put the wet stuff on the red stuff"
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #36
Commercial Member
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Found a lockable-for-travel mount that also can be moved between mounting brackets. It's not listed on their website, cost is $79 plus shipping.

We'll mount in a 21 centered on the wardrobe wall to hold a TV/DVD combo - seems they all load from the right side of the screen, so needed a way to swing it away from the outside wall to load a disk. This does stick out 4 inches, but won't be an issue for us.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TV_mount.pdf (96.4 KB, 30 views)

Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote