Grey tank venting, hepvo alternative - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21, July 2018 delivery
Grey tank venting, hepvo alternative

I heard back from Reace regarding plans for the vent system in our July delivery 21.

Bottom line is that ETI will not alter the standard venting arrangement, which means that they will be installing standard S and P traps, and an air source valve inside the wall behind the bathroom sink. At least it is not an open pipe.

At any rate, I will install Hepvos, one under the trailer, and one under the sink, and eliminate the traps. I will likely leave the air valve in the wall to see how it goes, but stink problems will mean surgery to plug it.

Just thought those with trailers coming might like to hear ETI's response to my request to do our venting differently.
AllanEdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
I understand Rease's hesitancy to use the Hepvo. He and I had a long discussion on the odor problem with the 21' shower drains last year. The Hepvo eliminated the issue but He had installation problems with it (still don't understand how ) so he moved the trap to right past the shower drain outlet to correct the stink problem. Moving the trap worked so why try anything else. The galley sink drain "works" so again why change.

On the air admittance valve; since it will no longer "see" the grey tank as it will be upstream of the Hepvo, it's a none issue. There is nothing left to vent once a Hepvo is installed. If I have to go back in there again, it will get whacked off and a cap installed. http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post200745

Larry at http://littlehousecustoms.com/store.html#plum seems to have the cheapest price for the 1 1/2" Hepvos.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21, July 2018 delivery
Thanks for the reply. I certainly understand and appreciate Reace's reluctance to custom build the vent system. Keeping production of these trailers under some semblance of efficient control must be a significant challenge. The fact that he promptly phoned me to clarify the install was a much appreciated gesture - I'll bet that few manufacturers would go even that far. My hat is off to ETI for their efforts at communication and providing reasonable build options on the trailers. Quite aside from my preferences on this vent issue, they are doing a fine job as far as I am concerned, and I did not mean for my comments on the vent design to suggest otherwise.
AllanEdie is offline   Reply With Quote