I have crack in my sink! - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2019, 11:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Red Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Retired from Dallas & Full-Timing, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Posts: 1,095
I have crack in my sink!

Today, I discovered that my sink has a small crack in it. I plan to replace it or put some silicone in the crack. I contacted ETI for information on a replacement.

Anyone else have this happen?

IMG_9544.jpg

Fred M.
__________________

__________________
Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:10 AM   #2
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 18,823
That's a first, I thought Glenn's would have done that after seeing pictures of his full of stuff but I guess that are sturdy enough to handle it, maybe a slip and a grab in the bath incident?
__________________

__________________
Jim
Never in doubt, often wrong.....
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Red Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Retired from Dallas & Full-Timing, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That's a first, I thought Glenn's would have done that after seeing pictures of his full of stuff but I guess that are sturdy enough to handle it, maybe a slip and a grab in the bath incident?


Could be. That is the first place I would grab for support.
__________________
Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
thoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Galesville, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Posts: 4,203
Fred, that is a pretty small crack. Were it me, I would try some of the "Captain tolley's creeping crack cure" that Jim Bennett has spoken highly of here. I've now used it a few times with good results. Then I'd keep a close eye on it to see if it grows. If it shows any signs of enlarging I'd drill small holes at each end of the crack, fill them and as much of the crack as you can with epoxy.

Are you going to be coming to the Mississippi Rally this year? We'd all love to see you both!
__________________
Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #5
Djs
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Siepierski, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2017 escape 17b
Posts: 42
Yes...I had a bad hip and the onl way to get off the John was to use the sink as a grab handle. It was under warranty and they sent me another sink. I think a little crazy glue would do the trick though
Djs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Red Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Retired from Dallas & Full-Timing, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Fred, that is a pretty small crack. Were it me, I would try some of the "Captain tolley's creeping crack cure" that Jim Bennett has spoken highly of here. I've now used it a few times with good results. Then I'd keep a close eye on it to see if it grows. If it shows any signs of enlarging I'd drill small holes at each end of the crack, fill them and as much of the crack as you can with epoxy.

Are you going to be coming to the Mississippi Rally this year? We'd all love to see you both!


Thanks for the tip! We may not make it to the Mississippi Rally cause we will be in Alaska and Canada for the summer. Then, we have to head to the southern tip of Texas for a wedding.

But, we will be in Osoyoos!

Fred M.
__________________
Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
thoer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Galesville, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Thanks for the tip! We may not make it to the Mississippi Rally cause we will be in Alaska and Canada for the summer. Then, we have to head to the southern tip of Texas for a wedding.

But, we will be in Osoyoos!

Fred M.
Let us know if it works.

You know you two are always welcome to stop by if you are passing anywhere nearby. Say hi to folks for us at the Escape Rally -- wish we could be there.
__________________
Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Red Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Retired from Dallas & Full-Timing, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Let us know if it works.



You know you two are always welcome to stop by if you are passing anywhere nearby. Say hi to folks for us at the Escape Rally -- wish we could be there.


Thanks Eric!
__________________

__________________
Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.