Interesting fan mister - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
those sorts of misters require 80PSI or so water pressure to develop decent mist. thats fine if you're on city water, but if you're on city water, you're probably on city power too, and can run your A/C.
ok, someone posted as I got an email, but now I can't find the post, but this pump may well work....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Marine-D...-/142076084986

note it draws 5 amps, and it shuts off at 80 PSI (not sure how far the pressure has to drop before it turns on, likely < 60 PSI). 60 PSI will make reasonable mist, even if 80 PSI is better for fine mist.

A few years ago, I spent months researching a DC powered misting system for an outdoor summer star party I go to annually, thinking it would be very cool to run a patio mister hose along the upwind side of a shade awning and run it for 4-6 hours each afternoon, but back then I failed to find a 80PSI pump like this.

The typical mister nozzle is rated for minimum 50 PSI, with 0.5G/hour at 100 PSI, so running 4 nozzles for 6 hours/day, we'd need like 50G of clean water for 4 days, and if the pump is running with a 50% duty cycle, 120 amp*hours (or a solar charged 100AH system would probably suffice).
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:24 PM   #22

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
I haven't read this entire thread to know if this actually contributes to the discussion, but agricultural supply stores commonly stock a variety of mister nozzles for field application of herbicides (for example 0.015 - 0.05 GPM) that operate down in the 20 to 40 PSI range and could be used in cooling mister systems (see link below for nozzle examples).
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/se...pray%20nozzles
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
0.015 GPM is about 0.9 GPH. a couple of those a few hours a day for a 4-day weekend festival, and you'd be looking at quite a bit of water to haul if you're off grid.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote