Inverter size question - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
ETI wired a separate line to the microwave cabinet so I can plug that into the inverter and then use other plug to go under dinette for hair dryer ? What advice does anyone have ?

Are there other inverters that are just as good as what ETI uses ?
I basically did that except that I added a simple switch so that I could also use the same outlets with shore power.

I'd say 1000 watts is on the low side. Don't know about relative quality between units. I think that's a topic that there could be lots of differing opinions. Mine is a relatively inexpensive one. I've used that brand for several years and they work well.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
09-11-2014 4-25-51 PM1_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We have the dual 6 volt 230 amps I believe from ETI and 160 watt solar .The microwave would be for less then 2 min max and hair dryer on low for 10min or so ? I've seen on you tube 1000watt work 700 watt microwaves and small hair dryers . After looking at inverters I think I want pure sign for better A/C power .I still haven't gone down to boat to see if microwave will work off the 1000 watt inverter that i installed 2 yrs ago .
I'd go for at least a 1500 watt inverter. I have a 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter (A Xantrex ProWatt SW) connected with #0 wire to a pair of 6V batteries. It will not run the 700 watt microwave I tried - I finally found a 600 watt Westinghouse .6 cu ft that will run on the 1000 watt inverter. It draws 95 amps @ 12V at full power. You will have to extend cooking times since most of the times on packages are for 1200 watt microwaves, but you need to do the same with a 700 watt.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'd go for at least a 1500 watt inverter. I have a 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter (A Xantrex ProWatt SW) connected with #0 wire to a pair of 6V batteries. It will not run the 700 watt microwave I tried - I finally found a 600 watt Westinghouse .6 cu ft that will run on the 1000 watt inverter. It draws 95 amps @ 12V at full power. You will have to extend cooking times since most of the times on packages are for 1200 watt microwaves, but you need to do the same with a 700 watt.
Thank you Jon for weighing in. This was the info from the other thread I referenced that I wanted jennykatz to see. For the small incremental cost I don't know why someone (wanting to use it for micro or hair dryer) wouldn't just go with 1500W unless their is a fixed budget or working with some other constraint. Good to have some headroom on the electrical devices anyhow and not operating right at rated load. Nothing worse than doing an install and it not working well or at all.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
My trailer came with the 1500W Samlex inverter. It will run a 700W microwave, but it complains a lot. I actually wish I had a 2000W or 2500W inverter, but then I'd want more battery capacity than the dual 6V batteries provide. I want to avoid that spending cycle for the time being.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote