Inviting open conversation and opinion here. - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #21

Trailer: 21' Escape
On the other hand, you work hard all of your life to be able to enjoy what you want in your senior years. Why not take advantage and enjoy what you want and think you need. I have already informed my children not to expect much when I leave, I will have just enough to get me in the ground and a small amount left over for them.

floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Since I retired, my goal is to spend my retirement every month. I saved my entire life for "tomorrow" and it has arrived. What I have in the bank stays there but I do not add anything. No more saving for me, If I do not spend it every month, I give it away to charity or friends and family. I do not want to leave this life with any more than what I came into it with.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Bumper Snicker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BumperSnicker.jpg (23.2 KB, 2 views)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Bumper Snicker.
Hi: Donna D... My Dad always said "I'd rather give it to you now, and watch you enjoy it, rather than know you're fighting over it when I'm gone"!!! Thanks DAD. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Smart Dad Alf!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Dave, re; "In the end, the devil won out on my shoulder too Myron."

Agreed. Let it snow, fellow mod-adders, we add what makes us happy, 'cause in the end, so aptly put by Bill Murray, "..it just doesn't matter."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sno6c.jpg (390.5 KB, 15 views)
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
My wife and I have been blessed with good health and prosperity. But my next generation and their next may not be so lucky. To eat up everything in the store room before passing is just selfish in my book. My God teaches me different. I think a guy camping in a 13' 1985 U-Haul has just as much enjoyment as I do. In fact when I stay in my travel trailer for any length of time I start think about why I need all that stuff back at home. And why have I used up my life accumulating wealth and accumulating stuff that has to be maintained and secure in my retirement years. Like I said in a previous post...the devil won again. Myron pegged it for me this morning.

This is my opinion and but respectfully disagree with yours.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Donna D... My Dad always said "I'd rather give it to you now, and watch you enjoy it, rather than know you're fighting over it when I'm gone"!!! Thanks DAD. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
To both Jim and Alf ... our sentiments exactly!! We have many fond memories of the activities we've enjoyed with our kids and grandkids through the years. We may not have much to leave them when we die, but, we've left them a lifetime of memories.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
To both Jim and Alf ... our sentiments exactly!! We have many fond memories of the activities we've enjoyed with our kids and grandkids through the years. We may not have much to leave them when we die, but, we've left them a lifetime of memories.
We feel the same. Our kids are our best friends.
A quote I once read: " the last check you should write is to the undertaker and it should bounce "
robertg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 escape 17B
Interesting conversation! We are having a 17b built and just bought a new dodge ram. This is so out of my character that I have trouble with the concept. Totally stepped out of my comfort zone with the thought that if I don't do these things now at 63 I will probably never do them. I work at a job that is also my passion, so don't know what hating work feels like, but the financial reward has meant being very careful and conservative. These are the first NEW things we've had other than some of the furniture'. We're hoping for much enjoyment and fairly inexpensive holidays from this. I feel blessed to have had a good life with good health and a full cup. I think we've made the right decision. We still have our minds and mobility can enjoy some trips, it's now or never!!!! (BUT NOT EASY!!!)

dglasrud is offline   Reply With Quote