Lagun table bracket mod - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #141

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
That is an awesome install and setup. And the table can be removed for a nice lounge! Love the teak.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #142

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I just finished switching from a Springfield Table Mount to a Lagun, along with their Sliding Teak Table. There are a couple of photos here, many more at my Trailer Modifications - Escape 21 page.

While I noted it on the Trailer Modifications page, it is worth repeating here - if you combine the Lagun arm with the Nautic Star Slide, the wooden slide supports hit the Lagun arm in some positions. Adding around an 1/8" worth of large washers on the 2 posts would solve the problem. If I can't get something from Marine Teak, I'll make a couple out of Teflon. Other than that, I love the combination. I can finally get into the under seat storage without cursing the table!
Looks good, Jon.

What did you use for the slide? Was it something from Marine Teak? I see nothing on their site that would seem to fit the bill. I had been playing with a few ideas for building a simple, yet sturdy slide myself for the same application. I would still likely be building my own table top with a similar folding style, as I do want one that would work as a bed support.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #143
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Nice work Jon. Makes me think I'd better get off my backside and go install mine. It's still in it's original packaging.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #144

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I just finished switching from a Springfield Table Mount to a Lagun, along with their Sliding Teak Table. There are a couple of photos here, many more at my Trailer Modifications - Escape 21 page.

While I noted it on the Trailer Modifications page, it is worth repeating here - if you combine the Lagun arm with the Nautic Star Slide, the wooden slide supports hit the Lagun arm in some positions. Adding around an 1/8" worth of large washers on the 2 posts would solve the problem. If I can't get something from Marine Teak, I'll make a couple out of Teflon. Other than that, I love the combination. I can finally get into the under seat storage without cursing the table!
What made you go with the Slide vs. Folding table? What about sealing the wood? I see Nautic sells a sealer in natural. I used the ETI table with my Lagun and it works well. The teak table is gorgeous!

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #145

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
What made you go with the Slide vs. Folding table? What about sealing the wood? I see Nautic sells a sealer in natural. I used the ETI table with my Lagun and it works well. The teak table is gorgeous!
I think the slide version of the table has better support, but without actually seeing each, it is only a guess. I haven't sealed it yet - thinking about just wax.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #146

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Looks good, Jon.

What did you use for the slide? Was it something from Marine Teak? I see nothing on their site that would seem to fit the bill. I had been playing with a few ideas for building a simple, yet sturdy slide myself for the same application. I would still likely be building my own table top with a similar folding style, as I do want one that would work as a bed support.
The slide is the term Marine Teak uses for the table model (TS3510). I didn't install the Escape slide since the arm lets the table swivel in almost any position, but if I decide I'd like to add it, it could be done. Overall, the table is heavier than the Escape table, but seems sturdy enough. Time will tell!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #147

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Very compelling pictures. Got me wondering if a Lagun will work in a 19 without the 3-sided lounge seating.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #148
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Very compelling pictures. Got me wondering if a Lagun will work in a 19 without the 3-sided lounge seating.
I've thought about that a little bit Myron. Mounting the arm along the side bench wouldn't be ideal. Perhaps you could run a mounting board along the front wall between the benches and just mount it there. That way you can pivot left or right equally.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #149

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I've thought about that a little bit Myron. Mounting the arm along the side bench wouldn't be ideal. Perhaps you could run a mounting board along the front wall between the benches and just mount it there. That way you can pivot left or right equally.

I have a standard seating configuration for a 19 as well. I looked at mounting a front board and while doable it comes with some challenges such as the battery cutoff switch that needs to be moved or if left in place the board would be mounted in front. Have you considered mounting the MarineTeak folding table on the pedestal mount? It’s not as flexible as the Lagun mount but it can be folded/raised/lowered. We just ordered the MarineTeak folding table and their three stage pedestal mount. If it works for us great otherwise I can exchange the pedestal mount for the Lagun mount.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #150

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
I have a standard seating configuration for a 19 as well. I looked at mounting a front board and while doable it comes with some challenges such as the battery cutoff switch that needs to be moved or if left in place the board would be mounted in front. Have you considered mounting the MarineTeak folding table on the pedestal mount? It’s not as flexible as the Lagun mount but it can be folded/raised/lowered. We just ordered the MarineTeak folding table and their three stage pedestal mount. If it works for us great otherwise I can exchange the pedestal mount for the Lagun mount.

I did not do the same table mod but the other minor problem of the battery disconnect is easy to resolve.
I moved mine from the original location to the outside and installed a protected isolator switch another user was kind enough to post about.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post237603
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
I did not do the same table mod but the other minor problem of the battery disconnect is easy to resolve.
I moved mine from the original location to the outside and installed a protected isolator switch another user was kind enough to post about.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post237603

Thanks for the reference. This is a great idea if I need to move it. Our table and pedestal are due in later this week from MarineTeak. I will “dry fit” them first to see if it meets our expectations. If so, I will go this route and not install the Lagun mount on a corresponding front board. I will post pictures once complete.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:12 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
Thanks for the reference. This is a great idea if I need to move it. Our table and pedestal are due in later this week from MarineTeak. I will “dry fit” them first to see if it meets our expectations. If so, I will go this route and not install the Lagun mount on a corresponding front board. I will post pictures once complete.

First note....thanks to all who contribute to this forum. Your ideas and suggestions allowed me to merge several ideas together for a solution that fits us perfectly.

I finished my table mod today. As background we have a 2015 Classic 19. Our biggest problem we wanted to solve was the clearance of the table on the drivers side and we could never get the table quite level. I purchased the folding table and adjustable pedestal from Marine Teak. After install and use on a short camping trip this week, I still was not happy with the clearance on the drivers side. I added two soft close drawer slides to the underside of the table so we can slide the table to the passengers side easily and problem solved!

The table also lowers (manually) to a height that still allows the use of the dinette as a bunk when the grandkids are with us. I will keep the old table and merely place it over the top on its ledges to no damage the dining table.

Also, after receiving the table from Marine Teak and feeling it’s weight I’m glad I went with a pedestal instead of the Lagun mount on a false board across the front of the dinette. The ability to now fold the new table and slide to one side meets all our needs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4693.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	32268Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4694.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	32269Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4695.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	32270Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4696.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	32271Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4698.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	32272Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4699.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	32273Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4700.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	32274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4701.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	32275
Old 06-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #153

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
nice i might do the same!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #154

Trailer: 2011 Escape 5.0
I have a 2011 5.0 SA and am going to install a Lagun mount on the narrower back wall of the dinette to get more foot room and provide easier access under the seats. The power center takes up about half the width of the wall, so the Lagun will either have to mounted off-center or a frame will have to be built in front of the wall to support the Lagun on-center and still allow access to the power center. Has anyone done one of these mods?

Rick
lzcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #155

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzcamper View Post
I have a 2011 5.0 SA and am going to install a Lagun mount on the narrower back wall of the dinette to get more foot room and provide easier access under the seats. The power center takes up about half the width of the wall, so the Lagun will either have to mounted off-center or a frame will have to be built in front of the wall to support the Lagun on-center and still allow access to the power center. Has anyone done one of these mods?

Rick
I thought about putting mine (Lagun table mount) off center in my 5.0 ta but ended up centering it. But I would say you could easily offset the mounting plate without an issue. Just make sure you reinforce the mounting location as already discussed here. I would not give mine up for any other table setup. Very easy to swing to one side or the other to get in and out.
CoolCampingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:33 PM   #156

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Mine is slightly off center and is not a problem.😎
Attached Thumbnails
7B816570-9226-44FA-B590-AFBA350A9A5D.jpg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:13 PM   #157

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
Mine is slightly off center and is not a problem.😎
.....some say I am off center......and a problem.....

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote