Levels for Trailer - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2018, 02:33 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
when I last parked my Escape 21 in my driveway, the red cone was too tall to go under the jack when it was hitched, oops, so I had to use lego blocks instead of the cone. I probably should carry the metal foot for the tongue jack for when I end up here.

when dry camping in open spaces without shade, I like to park with the tongue due north, so the sun sets on the 'street side', and the trailer awning gives me maximum shade.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
I got my second set of Hopkins yesterday. Will install next time the cover is off. My first set was missing a glass coming from Amazon.
When installing the levels, I used a little acetone to clean the surface first. Just make sure the level is where you want it when the adhesive attaches - it seems you only get one shot at it!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE3 View Post
I have recently added technology to replace the big level mounted on the front of the trailer. For Android, the free "Remote Level" app (see pictures), combined with two phones, provides a transmit/receive remote level.

I use my current phone in the cab as the receiver, and an old phone permanently mounted and powered in the trailer as the transmitter. You could also use a second active phone as the transmitter, placed temporarily on a counter when leveling.

The app can be easily calibrated for "trailer level" with the transmit phone on any surface, and stores "hitch height" for reconnecting. Units can be set to height in inches (based on trailer dimensions) for a more meaningful display.

While parking and using the Anderson Leveler, I'm only looking at side-to-side on the receiver. Once the trailer is disconnected, I have the receiver phone in hand to do the front to back level, and tweak the side to side with jacks and stabilizers.
That is cool.

We've been using this for the last year and are very happy with it. Easy to install and use and seems very accurate.

https://logicbluetech.com/
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote