Maxxfan 7000K voltage regulator - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2021, 02:14 AM   #161

Trailer: 2022 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I just went out to check. AM/FM/over the air TV - no noise.

Below is attached the datasheet for it. The datasheet has some errors - it's made in China.
Analog Devices has data sheet for the LTC3780 chip itself. A sample complete circuit is here.

The data sheet suggest it operates in the 200-400Khz range.
richm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:35 AM   #162

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Is there any chance you're mistakenly in AUTO mode and the fan is reacting to a cabin temperature that is lower than the set point? Is the green light on next to the auto button? This has been known to catch some MaxxFan owners by surprise.
I wish this was the case, but I don’t think it is. I’ve now spent over 3.5 hours on hold with them over 3 days. Furious. I’m going to email the guy someone suggested for help, as I have no idea what to do here and we really could use a freaking functioning fan on our upcoming trip.

I’ve been trying to also figure out a number for their corporate office - does anyone know what the parent company is? I can usually figure this out, and in this case it looks like they’re in Wichita, but I can’t find a working number.
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:57 AM   #163

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Try this https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/p...s/fans/maxxfan
Old 07-22-2021, 01:39 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I tried this last week - no go. But I did hear from
Perry, the guy who someone posted an email for. The funny thing is that Perry called me back by mistake thinking I was a vendor, so who knows if he would have called otherwise. Anyway, he had me check the voltage in the board itself, which is still almost precisely 12v. He then set up a motor replacement. But the more I think about this, the more dubious I am. The fan runs, it just doesn’t STAY running - the beeping and flashing green light signal shutdown. And I really don’t want to wait 6 weeks for a new motor if the issue is really the board. Any thoughts on this?
Old 07-22-2021, 02:54 PM   #165

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
This might help-

He mentions with the motor disconnected you can feed 12V straight to it to test the motor. Also, he mentions the keypad could be an issue and he shows his has some mild corrosion.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:16 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
He mentions with the motor disconnected you can feed 12V straight to it to test the motor. Also, he mentions the keypad could be an issue and he shows his has some mild corrosion.
Thanks, this is helpful … tho we have confirmed the motor does work, because the fan blades spin. I just got a response from Perry about this: “ I am suspecting that the motor is back feeding voltage and kicking the PCB out.”. Hmmm. I didn’t even know that would be possible, let alone likely, but i am still concerned the motor isn’t really the issue. BTW, it’s a very new fan which we’ve only had out once or twice, no corrosion anywhere and I’m not even sure we’ve really run it in any damp weather.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:11 AM   #167

A final update on this - I did end up getting my hands on a new board, installed, and ... same problem. So rather than wait for the replacement warranty motor for 8 weeks (the current ETA) - I ended up just buying an entirely new fan, and am sorting it out with Maxxfan now as the one I'm replacing made it through ONE trip before frizzing out. I'll never know whether the motor was indeed back feeding voltage, as the MaxxFan tech thought, but it does seem that was likely.

Meanwhile, hours and hours later -- at least I have a nice breeze in my sweet little 17B.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #168

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Exact same problem here. Brand new MaxxAir fan that doesn't work right out of the box. I have another brand new MaxxAir fan...just need to take the time to pull the board and swap into the presumably defective unit.

So frustrating they can't seem to get their design department and QC under wraps. I just wish, like so many companies, they would focus on making a product better...rather than cheaper.
Old 05-02-2023, 04:12 PM   #169

Trailer: 2021 5.0TA
Dometic (Atwood) furnace voltage limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Per the manufacturer's recommendations:
Dometic 2554/2663 9.6-18 volts
Suburban SW6DE 10.5-13.5 volts
Maxxfan 7000K 10.6-13.7 volts
Atwood AFSAD12 10.5-13.5 volts

Dometic 9500 10.5 – 15.5 volts
2017-2018 LED light <=12 volts

The ones in red should be considered weak links.

Ken (wetzk) contacted Dometic to get the voltage range for the awning and asked about having other devices on the same power circuit as the 9500. Here is their response:

Dometic.com Support Form - US - productsupport - rv - b2c

Hello and good morning. No there should not be anything else connected to the wiring for the awning..

This is stated in the Dometic 9500 installation manual as well but the Dometic rep confirmed it. The Dometic 9500 must be on a dedicated power circuit. This could be a justification to void warranty if Dometic pushed it.

I bet if you check your trailer wiring, you will find multiple devices being powered by the awning circuit. My trailer has the range vent fan and half the lights on it. So the mission to clean up the wiring continues.
As a footnote to confirm this really useful discussion to May 2023:

Just checked this with Dometic. My 2021 has good lights and Maxxfan for 14.6 volts (although we just had the fan protection shut it down, lol). Dometic confirmed that its furnaces are still 10.5-13.5 volts.
sameo416 is offline   Reply With Quote