Micro-convection possibility? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Question Micro-convection possibility?

Would like to know if anyone has put a micro-convection oven in their 19'?
I currently use one, and love it for baking. I know that by using propane, the oven is more versatile, but I have never had much success cooking in a trailer oven, for instance, hot spots, unreliable temperatures, too small cooking area, etc.
If anyone has installed one, where did you put it? Is it possible to install it above the stovetop? What about in the area designed for a microwave?
Rosalyn
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Would like to know if anyone has put a micro-convection oven in their 19'?
I currently use one, and love it for baking. I know that by using propane, the oven is more versatile, but I have never had much success cooking in a trailer oven, for instance, hot spots, unreliable temperatures, too small cooking area, etc.
If anyone has installed one, where did you put it? Is it possible to install it above the stovetop? What about in the area designed for a microwave?
Rosalyn
A convection/microwave would certainly fit, but it does produce more heat out of the back of the cabinet - so it would probably not be suitable for the enclosure the way it's currently designed. As for location, I've only seen a Microwave installed in two places on an Escape: either an upper or lower cabinet.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
The Jayco motorhome I rented last year had a convection/microwave combo. Never did figure out how to use it properly as there wasn't an owner's manual with it. Anyway, it was in a cabinet over the stovetop. Heck if I know if that was a good place or not. But, yeah, it sure did get hot around it the few times I tried doing some french fries in it.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:46 PM   #4

The one I have now sits above the stovetop, just under the cabinet. It also vents the stove, so a hood wouldn't be needed. I believe that the Escapes with the hood over the stove are currently vented outside. If the above cabinets are structurally capable enough to carry the wait of the micro-convection, that would be an ideal spot.
Just wondering if anyone has done this, or knows if it is even possible?
Hmmmmm........
Old 03-23-2016, 06:50 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Rosalyn,
I notice you do not own an Escape and you are asking questions about your cabinet structure? We would not be the best source of info re: Arctic Fox cabinets. In the Escape, the microwave is secured in a wall enclosure or under the kitchen area via screws. The overhead cabinets/stove vent are not strong enough for a microwave. If that helps, great.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:21 AM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Rosalyn,
I notice you do not own an Escape and you are asking questions about your cabinet structure? We would not be the best source of info re: Arctic Fox cabinets. In the Escape, the microwave is secured in a wall enclosure or under the kitchen area via screws. The overhead cabinets/stove vent are not strong enough for a microwave. If that helps, great.
Actually, I get the idea that Rosalyn is interested in an Escape 19, and is wondering if she could put the oven in one. Sounds like she does something similar with her current camper.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:24 AM   #7

Sorry, I thought she was referring to her trailer. But the answer would remain the same, there are only 2 places in a 19 the microwave has been installed, in the cabinet or under the sink/stove area.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Rosalyn,
Jim, thank you. Although I currently own a large Artic Fox, I am looking at purchasing a smaller Escape 19. My questions are in regards to that choice.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #9

Rosalyn,
Have you "toured" an Escape yet? Contact the factory and they will put you in touch with an owner near you. You can see first hand what the interior is like.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:39 PM   #10

Actually Jim, I called Escape a week or so ago, to set an appointment for one of the two weekends I am back up in the Seattle area (currently in NV). The first weekend I am there, Tammy isn't. And the second weekend cannot be confirmed until Reace and Tammy return from this adventure. So in the meantime I whittling down all my modification questions.
:-)
Old 03-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #11

Hey Jim, do you know a CPA, Glenn Rowland out there in York?
Ros
Old 03-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #12

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Actually Jim, I called Escape a week or so ago, to set an appointment for one of the two weekends I am back up in the Seattle area (currently in NV). The first weekend I am there, Tammy isn't. And the second weekend cannot be confirmed until Reace and Tammy return from this adventure. So in the meantime I whittling down all my modification questions.
:-)
All 3 times we've been to the factory we never spoke with Tammy or Rease, even though at least one of them was there. We spoke with one of the other gals there. If they didn't know an answer, they wrote down my question and emailed me an answer later on. So, don't use that as a consideration as to when you'll go up.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:13 PM   #13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
All 3 times we've been to the factory we never spoke with Tammy or Rease, even though at least one of them was there. We spoke with one of the other gals there. If they didn't know an answer, they wrote down my question and emailed me an answer later on. So, don't use that as a consideration as to when you'll go up.

It may be due to the fact that I am looking for a Saturday tour/meeting, so as to enable one of my working kids to come with me. Krista has informed me when Tammy returns she will let me know if a Saturday is available.
Ros