More minor mods to a TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 268
More minor mods to a TA

We are between camping seasons and staying away from the wildfires I had a couple of mods to do.
First was small bedside tables. The trailer has a small cubbys on each side, but it was difficult to access them at night being so close the the head of the bed. I added a shelf for each side made the same way other shelves in the trailer in the retro style. These shelves are 7″ x 7″
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_6683.jpg (91.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6689.jpg (125.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6680.jpg (74.4 KB, 61 views)
__________________

__________________
Chris
https://escape440.wordpress.com
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:52 AM   #2
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,650
Nice, might steal another of your ideas. The little cubbies are also very noisy when groping around for the clock.
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 268
The second mod was to add outside step lighting. The trailer steps are painted black and are difficult to see at night. I used aluminum square tube and bolted it to the back two bolts holding up the steps. I then drilled two holes in the aluminum tube and added two LED outdoor lights. They are wired up to the lower inside switch and light up the step. I also added a piece of rubber mat cut to size to cover the step, it was leftover scrap from truck bed liner. It makes the step quieter and non slip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_6642.jpg (150.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6648.jpg (152.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_6660.jpg (82.2 KB, 41 views)
__________________
Chris
https://escape440.wordpress.com
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Nice, might steal another of your ideas. The little cubbies are also very noisy when groping around for the clock.
Go right ahead, just make them strong incase they are leaned on or knocked in the night.
__________________
Chris
https://escape440.wordpress.com
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
We are between camping seasons and staying away from the wildfires I had a couple of mods to do.
First was small bedside tables. The trailer has a small cubbys on each side, but it was difficult to access them at night being so close the the head of the bed. I added a shelf for each side made the same way other shelves in the trailer in the retro style. These shelves are 7″ x 7″
Excellent ! Chris where is a source for the aluminum edging ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Excellent ! Chris where is a source for the aluminum edging ? Pat
Homedespot has the edging, at least in Canada it does, about $10 bucks for 8 feet
__________________
Chris
https://escape440.wordpress.com
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Homedespot has the edging, at least in Canada it does, about $10 bucks for 8 feet
Thankyou ! I have never come across it but I am going there today and will look . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Homedespot has the edging, at least in Canada it does, about $10 bucks for 8 feet
Chris can you tell me what department to look and is it a t-moulding or ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Chris can you tell me what department to look and is it a t-moulding or ? Pat
There was a rack holding many different shapes of aluminum, all 8 foot long, it was near the tile edging area at the back of our store. The aluminum shapes were round, square, flat, etc. What I used was not T moulding. Metal Grooved Edging Mira Lustre 1/4 In. x 15/16 In. x 8 Ft.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m...000675522.html
__________________
Chris
https://escape440.wordpress.com
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
There was a rack holding many different shapes of aluminum, all 8 foot long, it was near the tile edging area at the back of our store. The aluminum shapes were round, square, flat, etc. What I used was not T moulding. Metal Grooved Edging Mira Lustre 1/4 In. x 15/16 In. x 8 Ft.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m...000675522.html
Thankyou again ! Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.