Moving Bear - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
You got it. Don't know about a video , all you would hear is my wife screaming "Left I mean Right! Oh STOPPPP!"
I think a video like that would be great, to show other husbands that we are not alone.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #22

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Hi Jim, That is exactly what I am doing. The owner of power caster gave me a rough sketch of the adapter/A-frame. This is what I've got so far. Please note the adapter metal is much thicker than needed but it was all I could find with the right dimensions.
You are clearly a skilled welder. Hope it works well. I know it moves really slow, but do you have the brake kit on your unit? If not, it appears they sell it on the website to be added to older units. Only comes stock on the PC-3.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #23
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
You are clearly a skilled welder. Hope it works well. I know it moves really slow, but do you have the brake kit on your unit? If not, it appears they sell it on the website to be added to older units. Only comes stock on the PC-3.
Hi rubicon327, Yes I bought the brake kit and plan on installing it. The brake kit ties into the emergency brake wiring pretty simple. The real question is can the external 110 volt trailer plug run this baby ? Go Power 1500 watt inverter up to 3000 watt motor start, Humm.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Some that build their own dollies just use a simple switch tied in to the trailer brakes and battery, then switch it on when they stop on an incline. Of course, using some kind of relay that automatically switches the power to the brakes off when the dolly is moving, and on when at rest is preferred.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:32 AM   #25
Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Some that build their own dollies just use a simple switch tied in to the trailer brakes and battery, then switch it on when they stop on an incline. Of course, using some kind of relay that automatically switches the power to the brakes off when the dolly is moving, and on when at rest is preferred.
Here is a pic of the brake kit, pretty simple. Oh and Yes the external 110v runs it no problem (just tried it) of course it is not under a load. Does 954 watts sound right ? no load.
Attached Thumbnails
E.jpg   6.jpg  
Old 04-06-2017, 10:55 AM   #26

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have looked at Power Movers on the off chance I may need one.

As long as the dolly can handle the weight, you can do like Chris R did add a attachment point to the frame. Of course, the dolly Chris used is much more stable on it's own. This is a more simple connection.

I had Reace weld the connection cup to the front cross member. Using the front cross member allows very tight turns. I have to move the trailer from an alley to a back garden. The unit that I have is also a Power Caster, build for those big fifth wheels. It is easy to use, moves a bit slower than walking speed and is stable. The rigid connection (cup) is fine because the area I move the trailer in is flat.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #27
Tin

Well wrapped up the adapter/A-frame came out nice and works like a charm.
Attached Thumbnails
f.jpg   g.jpg   h.jpg   i.jpg   j.jpg  

k.jpg