New inside mods, Escape 17 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnelson View Post
Thanks for the pic, could you send the brand and model of sink and faucet, will save me some research, looks like a great set-up....Thanks
Beautiful mods! Could you post the make/ model/size of the sink and faucet?
Where was the furnace originally supposed to be located? Did the move render any more floor or storage space, then? Or is it more about aesthetics?

Great job, and thanks for the photos.
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
you guys realize this is a 6 year old post, perhaps some info may have changed....
Old 09-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
you guys realize this is a 6 year old post, perhaps some info may have changed....
Haha... I realized it as I was doublechecking other modification posts. Yikes! Is there a hall of fame or most useful modification shortlist? As one commentor stated, I can spend all day looking up advice, modifications, improvements, etc.
The modifications in this man's trailer were brilliant! I wonder if people could submit their top five most useful modifications or most ingenious ones, a vote could be taken, and a permanent folder made
Old 09-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There are no shortcuts to perfection......
Old 09-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #25

Nirvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There are no shortcuts to perfection......
No shortcuts...just concise information! I'm part of the world 's largest art forum, and we have marvelous "stickies" at the beginning of most sub-forums with amazingly helpful, succinct information. It makes searching for nirvana all that much more efficient as well as enjoyable! Just a thought..... . Cheers!
Old 09-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Just a thought Addie, but Reace posted the recall here on the forum as a courtesy- it's not an official Escape Trailer Industries website. The notifications of recall are going out by ETIs regular means - the mail.

As for a sticky on every major subject, pretty difficult to achieve, although I think the stickies the forum does have do a good job of covering the high points.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #27

Yep!

True, that.
I suppose that just as someone very new to all aspects of RV'ing, let alone Escape, searching for every major, pertinent detail as I've hunted for a new or used camper has been daunting and overtly time-consuming. . Still have unanswered questions....

Like many other commenters have experienced and stated, it would help to have some sort of concise recap-sticky for the major changes or highlights of a topic in one place.
I guess I'm an info-junkie!

Well, enuf said. I'll just follow Laura's example and make my own spreadsheet as well as cut and paste pertinent info into folders. Cheers!
Old 09-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #28

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
And when you get it done, post a link.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
And when you get it done, post a link.

Hahaha.... Somehow I anticipated that response!
Old 09-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
True, that.
I suppose that just as someone very new to all aspects of RV'ing, let alone Escape, searching for every major, pertinent detail as I've hunted for a new or used camper has been daunting and overtly time-consuming. . Still have unanswered questions....
Being someone who has had an RV for 25 years, and an Escape for over 6, I am searching all kinds of information on what I can do, want to do, need to do, etc, for my upcoming build This most definitely time consuming. PLUS, I still have hordes and hordes of unanswered questions to answer. I myself have been reading back on subjects of interest with a new outlook, something easy to do with the search engines.

For me though, it is not a stressful thing at all, in fact I have turned it into a fun adventure. I have dozens upon dozens of things I want to do with my build, all of my own choosing. Most of these I will do myself after I get the trailer. I will as lots of questions, get lots of sound advice from the members here, yet have to formulate my own choices out of these queries.

I have said this many times before, if you just pick out a few of the items off the stock list of choices from Escape's website, you will end up with a product that will provide you with years of enjoyment. Some people stress that they might miss something that possibly could be important to them some day. I say, don't sweat it, just order a trailer, and you can do (or have done) just about anything later that you then realize might really matter to you.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:01 PM   #31

Talking Double yep!

Jim, you're fortunate! Yes, I like shopping and "the hunt" just as the next guy (er, lady!)
In fact, that's what I love to do, and did it quite well with our recent house purchase.
In boiling all of this down, right now, I'm quite pressed for time (and perhaps, sanity ).
New house, family obligations, kids, hubby's new job, health issues, and unpacking a mountain of boxes!
Can anyone spell s-t-r-e-s-s ?

That's exactly why I'm searching for a "gently used" E-s-c-a-p-e (my new definition of "de-stressing"!)

After 3 weeks of daily reading, searching, fact-finding, etc., I'm much-more informed about this marvelous camper. I believe I'm at the point of being a savvy buyer.
However, all of the other obligations have (gulp) fallen by the wayside.
As such, I still could use some more info and tips. I wish I had the time to peruse more - as there are obviously brilliant owners here; many of whom had wise advice and great approaches to their options list and/or modifications.
Hubby's work and my family/home/health obligations are just obviating any more searching or finding answers...
So, I'll just post my questions, and hope that some kind soul(s) can help out with their responses!
Old 09-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #32
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
So, I'll just post my questions, and hope that some kind soul(s) can help out with their responses!

Not to worry- this forum is full of kind souls. Some just have to be approached in a certain way.