New Kohler kitchen faucet - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2019, 08:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
New Kohler kitchen faucet

We did not like the Moen OEM kitchen faucet valve with the pull out right angle faucet.

As part of our build request, we asked if it were possible to get the pull down faucet shown with the new maple interior video. We did not get an answer, and we got the Moen.

We have had excellent results with Kohler ceramic valve, pull down kitchen faucets in another RV application. We replaced the Moen with a Simplice Polished Chrome 1-Handle Deck Mount Pull-down Kitchen Faucet Model 597-CP, which is Lowes Item #: 89234, price $266.44. This is the shorter Simplace arc faucet, 15-3/8" tall, not the taller 596-CP model, 16-3/4". It totally swings out of the way of the sink if you need.

We used the Shark Bite push-to-connect valves beneath.

Used a SharkBite PEX cutter, and it was a straight forward replacement. We had no leaks first time. Everything fit well.

After using it now for a week, we are quite happy with the upgrade.

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
Looks good.
Now taller jugs can be filled.
Nice modification.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
The original white two handle faucet lasted 3 years before leaking and the replacement with high arc leaked at the base where spout attached in less than a year. Both billed as RV faucets. Finally found this American Standard Colony at Ace. Did not want a pull down spout. Like many other better household faucets it is guaranteed for life and the build quality is much better.
Attached Thumbnails
20190730_071328a.jpg  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:45 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Did not like original faucet because I would get water all over every time I tried to use it. Decided I wanted a faucet with a higher arc to more easily rinse big pots and fill tall containers and it had to swing out of the way. Didn't want the pull out nozzle because as previously stated I'm obviously not qualified to use it. The 1 I found on Amazon has worked great so far at a cost I think under $100.
Attached Thumbnails
20181201_161705a.jpg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
In December 2018 ETI was just coming out with the new high-rise, Maple-flavored faucet, and I happened to be at the factory. I asked if they’d be selling those faucets to current owners of the other kinds for self-install and was told yes. I asked how much and they said they weren’t sure exactly, as they didn’t have them in their supply line for that yet, but was told probably around CAN$100, which I thought was a pretty good deal for a nice faucet upgrade.

I haven’t gotten one yet, but it’s somewhere on my list of things to do.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escape offered to install one in mine, even though I was going with the oak interior, it is a nice faucet, a lot better than the older model.Less splashing around the counter top.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 17B 2019
Interesting, we asked for the new faucet with our oak interior and were told no, you have to have maple if you want it. Maybe they started to run out of the older ones. Mind you I like the older style with the pull out feature just fine.
Bcescapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:06 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
When mine was ordered there was no maple, when maple was offered, I was given the choice, also there was a switch back between frameless and framed, power and manual awning, thermal and non thermal frameless windows, also there was price changes and tariff changes, all during my 11 month wait/build sheet period. I must have had 6 date changes and 6 build sheets as well....I think they felt sorry for me...
Old 08-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Has our desired features

The Kohler K-597-CP has just the right features combination that we want. We especially like CalGreen, quality, three function spray head, magnetic docking, and pull-down head.

Kohler also includes the "KOHLER Faucet Lifetime Limited Warranty" in residential use, but am not sure how this applies to RV use. The Kohler ceramic disc valves have been long term winners in our applications.

The K-597-CP works for us, and we expect many good years from this one faucet. Nice to have the excellent choices and price options mentioned in other posts.

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #10

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
In my many calls to Kohler for warranty replacements they have never asked where the hardware in question was installed.

Tags
faucet, kitchen, kohler, moen