New Member - Lagun table question - Still Happy? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
New Member - Lagun table question - Still Happy?

I have just ordered an Escape 19 (yay), scheduled for pickup in late November. I am getting the u-shaped dinette because I felt it would be easier to make / unmake the dinette for my son who will travel with me regularly (smaller table). I asked Escape about omitting the pedestal base and whether they can reinforce the bench for a Lagun Table system, and although they haven't yet answered that question, they seemed to indicate that many people who buy the Lagun system turn out dissatisfied.

Are there people dissatisfied with the Lagun system?
Aside from the benefits or being able to rotate/swing the table around with the Lagun, any input whether it would really be easier to deal with that the pedestal mount for converting it to a bed?
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
🤔Been using the Lagan set up from day 1, first thing I did to the trailer. We are very pleased with this set up. Easily removes with nothing to trip over on floor. Nothing getting in way of legs when sitting to either side or when you need to access storage or mechanicals under seating. Dog can lay under table so we’re not tripping over him. Table we are using is the stock 1 supplied with trailer. This might not work for really heavy individuals but others have either cut down or built their own.When you remove table the mounting hardware stows under table, couldn’t be more convenient. The reinforcement for the mount has been gone into in great depth, lots of options limited only by your imagination and common sense. Did mine in couple hours with stuff I had laying around and has held up fine. For us we are very happy with it.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5reeds View Post
I have just ordered an Escape 19 (yay), scheduled for pickup in late November. I am getting the u-shaped dinette because I felt it would be easier to make / unmake the dinette for my son who will travel with me regularly (smaller table). I asked Escape about omitting the pedestal base and whether they can reinforce the bench for a Lagun Table system, and although they haven't yet answered that question, they seemed to indicate that many people who buy the Lagun system turn out dissatisfied.

Are there people dissatisfied with the Lagun system?
Aside from the benefits or being able to rotate/swing the table around with the Lagun, any input whether it would really be easier to deal with that the pedestal mount for converting it to a bed?
I'm happy with mine. Not quite as sturdy as the stock table & Springfield pedestal, but far more convenient, particularly for getting into the under seat storage. Being able to remove the table & support is a big advantage over the Springfield pedestal.

If you stick with the stock table, it will work to make up a bed, but if you go with one of the folding or sliding teak tables available from Marine Teak (one of the suppliers of the Lagun mount), you will need to make (or have Escape make) a set of filler boards to use for the bed. I store mine under the rear dinette seat.

By the way, the Lagun mount is made in the US, and is available from the manufacturer
Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Thanks for the information, all. I'm now considering changing back to the regular dinette shape and using the Snap 2 table base in conjunction with a smaller table with a filler piece (so that I can push the table back for more room). I have the snap2 in the trailer I have now, and although the base is really heavy, it really works well raising and lowering into a bed.

While the Lagun system seems slick for moving into different positions, using it to make/unmake into a bed every night doesn't seem the easiest of options.
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Here's a suggestion. I have made my bed in the front of the 17 30 inches wide and find it's perfectly fine. since you're getting the u dinette, you might have eti create a board and a cushion that adds to that depth to make 30". This has several advantages: he won't have to climb over the whole table to sleep across the back. A big portion (22 in or so) of the dinette area will be free for walking, etc. and leave a sitting space on both sides of the trailer. with the lagun table mount you may be able to just swing it aside each night rather than taking it down. and if there's just the two of you, you could leave his bed "permanently" for the trip and still have room to sit and eat, saving time and bother.I think you'd need to anchor the laguna on the drivers or passenger side bench for that to work.