New Shower Curtain - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,798
New Shower Curtain

Found this shower curtain at Ross for a wonderful $8 and then got another 15% off for Senior discount day. Had to cut off about 40% of the width to fit the shower. We got out the ol glue gun and in 20 minutes had it seamed. Made a tie back out of the material we had to cut off.
Awesome upgrade from the supplied plastic curtain for less than a Big Mac combo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0551.jpg (172.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0552.jpg (150.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0553.jpg (114.5 KB, 68 views)
__________________

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Found this shower curtain at Ross for a wonderful $8 and then got another 15% off for Senior discount day. Had to cut off about 40% of the width to fit the shower. We got out the ol glue gun and in 20 minutes had it seamed. Made a tie back out of the material we had to cut off.
Awesome upgrade from the supplied plastic curtain for less than a Big Mac combo.
Very nice Greg . We have been thinking time to get another shower curtain also. Good idea with the glue gun .Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: harrison township, Michigan
Trailer: 21' Escape 2017
Posts: 107
I would like to get a new curtain for my 21' but not sure where to find one with the type of hanger that the trailer has. Does this one have a type of top that will hook onto it?
laurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurah View Post
I would like to get a new curtain for my 21' but not sure where to find one with the type of hanger that the trailer has. Does this one have a type of top that will hook onto it?
Any inexpensive fabric shower curtain with the little sewn slots in the top (they look like button holes) will work with the little clips on the stock rail.

Just cut it down so it has the same number of holes as the stock vinyl curtain, and fold over and sew the cut edge.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: harrison township, Michigan
Trailer: 21' Escape 2017
Posts: 107
Got it! Thanks.
laurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #6
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurah View Post
Got it! Thanks.
Oh, and you may need to make it shorter and sew the bottom as well. We did.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
ReagentGrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Posts: 507
New Shower Curtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Any inexpensive fabric shower curtain with the little sewn slots in the top (they look like button holes) will work with the little clips on the stock rail.

Good info Robert!
My wife is a flamingo nut. I found this shower curtain to surprise for her.
Fortunately I know someone would love to make the adjustments needed to hang it in our new trailer. With your info, I know exactly what to tell her.
Rich

ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:53 AM   #8
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReagentGrade View Post
Good info Robert!
My wife is a flamingo nut. I found this shower curtain to surprise for her.
Fortunately I know someone would love to make the adjustments needed to hang it in our new trailer. With your info, I know exactly what to tell her.
Rich
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #9
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,665
We had to lengthen ours.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Any inexpensive fabric shower curtain with the little sewn slots in the top (they look like button holes) will work with the little clips on the stock rail.

Just cut it down so it has the same number of holes as the stock vinyl curtain, and fold over and sew the cut edge.
If you don't want to sew it or don't have a machine, a glue gun is simple and quick. We make all our curtains with a glue gun and some of them are over 10 years in use with no issues.
__________________

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Oven igniter? | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.