Old Body Style SS Door Hinges - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #61

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
SS Hinges

I talked with Dave from Western Hardware and all of the hinges are sold. Apparently there is not enough demand to produce any additional sets.

Soooooo....... if anyone has a set of SS hinges that they purchased from Western Hardware and don’t want or need, please contact me, as I am willing to purchase them.

Yes, I know there are other brand hinges available. However, I would prefer the Western Hardware ones as they are an exact replacement and appear to be a quality product.

Thanks

Pat (the guy who found his 15A)
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:23 PM   #62
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
That's too bad. The only other ones I've seen posted are just like the originals, chrome...

Perhaps having the originals powdered coated would be a possible solution?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
I talked with Dave from Western Hardware and all of the hinges are sold. Apparently there is not enough demand to produce any additional sets.

Soooooo....... if anyone has a set of SS hinges that they purchased from Western Hardware and don’t want or need, please contact me, as I am willing to purchase them.

Yes, I know there are other brand hinges available. However, I would prefer the Western Hardware ones as they are an exact replacement and appear to be a quality product.

Thanks

Did you see post 57 and 60 in this thread?
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #64
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
Did you see post 57 and 60 in this thread?
The ones in 57 are not the same size and the ones in 60 are not stainless steel "Die-cast, with stainless steel pins uses #10 screws."
Old 10-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #65

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Has anyone checked out the hinges on Etrailer
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #66

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post

Thanks

I wish I had a extra set to sell you of the high quality stainless set I found , but I don't . Had no idea these were original to Escape before they replaced with a inferior product .I can give you the second set I had ordered of the inferior set for free if you pay for shipping . They are still good just not the stainless. Let me know . I had ordered the second set because no matter what I did they degraded , but then I found Western Hardware and the stainless . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I wish I had a extra set to sell you of the high quality stainless set I found , but I don't . Had no idea these were original to Escape before they replaced with a inferior product .I can give you the second set I had ordered of the inferior set for free if you pay for shipping . They are still good just not the stainless. Let me know . I had ordered the second set because no matter what I did they degraded , but then I found Western Hardware and the stainless . Pat
Wish Western Hardware would get some more in because I am sure there are lots out there that could use them by now . Pat
Old 10-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #68

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The ones in 57 are not the same size and the ones in 60 are not stainless steel "Die-cast, with stainless steel pins uses #10 screws."
I tried to delete this post, sorry.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:43 PM   #69
Site Team

I just saw this hinges, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread. I don't know... are these the right size for replacements? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Trail...HUufK3Z22vzwrQ
Old 03-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #70

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I have a pair of these hinges. But they aren’t exact relacements, at least for my 2014 escape 21. I thought replacing the hinges would be a 60 minute job. But I finally gave up and went back to the old hinges. I figure I will try again some day when I have a friend and a six pack of beer handy
Old 03-07-2020, 11:03 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
I have a pair of these hinges. But they aren’t exact relacements, at least for my 2014 escape 21. I thought replacing the hinges would be a 60 minute job. But I finally gave up and went back to the old hinges. I figure I will try again some day when I have a friend and a six pack of beer handy
Leon , I hope you didn’t have trouble with the replacements from Western Hardware or are you talking about the e bay ones Donna put up . Please let me know and I would be glad to help with the steps . All holes should line up except the one on the end on the Western Hardware ones . Pat
Old 03-07-2020, 11:05 PM   #72

Quote:
I just saw this hinges, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread. I don't know... are these the right size for replacements? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Trail...HUufK3Z22vzwrQ
Donna I would have to try and match your picture provided to ours on trailer . Could be wrong but ours are a little squared and those look rounded . I will look tomorrow when I can see . Pat
Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #73
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
The ones from Ebay don't work, and are also of lesser quality. The ones from Western Hardware (permanently discontinued) do work, but one hole will be slightly off.

My suggestion for those whose hinges are looking really bad is that you can have a shop re-plate them. Nominal cost, probably under $40 for the pair.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #74

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Not sure if these will work
Attached Thumbnails
0D1D2DA6-DF1A-485C-9B95-42D8C4B96DD5.jpg  
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #75
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The ones from Ebay don't work, and are also of lesser quality. The ones from Western Hardware (permanently discontinued) do work, but one hole will be slightly off.

My suggestion for those whose hinges are looking really bad is that you can have a shop re-plate them. Nominal cost, probably under $40 for the pair.
Well dang. I was trying to be helpful I suppose there's a number of 1st gen trailer owners that need new hinges and missed out on the Western ones.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #76

Quote:
Well dang. I was trying to be helpful I suppose there's a number of 1st gen trailer owners that need new hinges and missed out on the Western ones.
Well don’t need to look , Robert answered . It is a shame the Western Hardware hinges were the ones that fit being Escape originally had them make for their trailers and then went to the cheaper versions for a important hardware component :- Pat
Old 03-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post

They will do the same real fast , you will be throwing your money away . I would keep looking for stainless steel hinges . You can always seal up the holes on your trailer and redrill new holes . As long as the replacement hinge you find lays flat across door and body . I would definetly also add a rubber gasket under door and body , old thin bike tube works . Pat
Old 03-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #78
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
They will do the same real fast , you will be throwing your money away.
Not necessarily. There is chrome plating and then there is chrome plating. The OEM hinges probably did not get the best quality plating job from their factory. There's no reason that chrome can't go many years without pitting or noticable corrosion - provided the surface is prepped properly, and the plating is done right.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #79

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I notice ads for 'black edition' trucks. Why not just paint them black, as the Stones would say?
Old 03-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #80

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Leon , I hope you didn’t have trouble with the replacements from Western Hardware or are you talking about the e bay ones Donna put up . Please let me know and I would be glad to help with the steps . All holes should line up except the one on the end on the Western Hardware ones . Pat
these are the ones from western hardware. ordered them awhile ago. but havent installed them. steps would be helpful. currently on the road so dont worry if i dont reply right away