Orientation Installs.... - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #61

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
thank you, Cathy. that helps.

Fox hunt, as I was reading rbryan's post right above yours, I was thinking, I wonder if cutting the back corners like the front, or turning the table around 180, would work to keep the rotation! And instant answer. Thanks.

So many clever solutions!
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:59 AM   #62

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5 TA
Please share, where did you find the $288 pedestal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The Springfield pedestal varies wildly in price from seller to seller. Lately I've seen it as low as $288.
KatrinaOstby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:55 AM   #63
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaOstby View Post
Parts Purveyor has it right at the moment for less than that - $268. But only one in stock.

http://www.partspurveyor.com/product...AaAr5_EALw_wcB

As I said, the price varies all the time. Best bet is to just do a Google search and grab the lowest you can find.

Boatstore USA has it for $288 at the moment as well.

http://www.boatstoreusa.com/seating-...3-stage-table/
Old 12-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #64

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honair View Post
Seems interesting that ETI waits until orientation to do this install, why not do it before the orientation? Why at orientation?

No doubt because they learned that when people show up and see exactly how the trailer and the install are, they wanted it done a little differently.

They see where hooks or grab handles or counter extensions might go that are better places than what they might have said.

The TVs have to clear cabinets so they want your TV there to install the arm. We bought the arm and pre-wire for the next owners, did not have a TV, so we have the arm in a cabinet. At least, it is not in our way.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #65

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5 TA
Thank you RBrian4! Pedestal ordered. 5th wheel due in 92 days. Excited!
KatrinaOstby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #66
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hummmm, I have a U-shape dinette in Ten Forward and no installed table. Right now, I'm lovin' the arrangement. BUT that Springfield pedestal looks mighty fine, especially for the $288 price. Maybe Santa will bring me a present.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #67
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hummmm, I have a U-shape dinette in Ten Forward and no installed table. Right now, I'm lovin' the arrangement. BUT that Springfield pedestal looks mighty fine, especially for the $288 price. Maybe Santa will bring me a present.
I dunno Donna. Considering how and why you went with just the stooge tables, leaving the "lounge" clear, I think a Lagun table system might work out better for you. You'd still get a nice larger table top, but be able to push it out of the way, and the floor would stay unobstructed. And, it's removable, so if you've no need for a table at the time, it's stored away. The other plus is that the Lagun is less expensive.

We like our Springfield pedestal, but I've kind of come full circle on the different mounting systems. I think the Lagun is just more elegant, and more useful in such a small space. If I were doing a build today, no question I'd go with the Lagun vs the Springfield.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #68
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Thanks for your thoughts about the table system Robert. I don't even want a table inside. By time I do, something even better may come along...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #69

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA Tundra 1794 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
No doubt because they learned that when people show up and see exactly how the trailer and the install are, they wanted it done a little differently.

They see where hooks or grab handles or counter extensions might go that are better places than what they might have said.

The TVs have to clear cabinets so they want your TV there to install the arm. We bought the arm and pre-wire for the next owners, did not have a TV, so we have the arm in a cabinet. At least, it is not in our way.
Ok.... so what're the options.... differences as to where different people have located their pedestal? What are the pros and cons of the different locations?

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time" JT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew
Honair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:44 PM   #70
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honair View Post
Ok.... so what're the options.... differences as to where different people have located their pedestal? What are the pros and cons of the different locations?
If you're talking about the stock pedestals (poles and sockets) they are mounted on a centerline of the dinette floor. If you're talking about the Springfield 3 stage pedestal, it's mounted basically dead center on the dinette floor. If you're talking about the Lagun mount, it's usually centered along the back bench face on the U-shaped dinette, or perhaps rearward on either bench face with the stock dinette. If you're talking about the twist-lock marine style poles, they are also along a centerline of the dinette floor. Then there are the table bases which aren't attached to anything but simply rest on the floor.

As far as I know, if you supply it to Escape, they will mount the Springfield or the twist-lock boat style poles in lieu of their stock poles and sockets. But, they don't mount the Lagun as far as I know.

Advantages and disadvantages? That is highly subjective. Depends on who you ask. Right now my personal opinion is that the Lagun mount is the most versatile: nothing on the floor to restrict legroom, wide range of movement, and it's removable.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #71

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Latest scheme/question.

Springfield says they have no stats on max size tabletop the 3 stage will support (re wobble), only weight. I want to be able to lower the (49x@24) table for transit but also want it to be steady when up. Putting two springfields would not only be overkill but clearly prohibitively expensive.

options:
1. put another table base nearer the back, another table mount, and use an adjustable pole that can easily be put in and out. To put table down, lower/remove that pole and stow, lower springfield 3 stage, done. Would this eliminate slide unless I have another slide mounted at that back place? I think I could perhaps do that second pole later if needed for stability. I could also just lower that extra pole in place enough to clear the mount, maintaining slide, and deploy it up when stability is needed.

2. use something really elegant like the harbor freight adjustable load bar, theoretically with the base near the back wall, and i assume as above, no slide possible when in place. but very cheap, and fairly easy to place/remove. sounds like a pita.

any other ideas?

I have learned so much in the last month on this forum. It's amazing the amount of information, and so helpful. Thanks, again.
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #72

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
is there an issue with the stability of the Springfield? mine seems very solid.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #73

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes my table rotates and also slides the cut off back corners are helpful when getting in/out
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #74

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Latest scheme/question.

Springfield says they have no stats on max size tabletop the 3 stage will support (re wobble), only weight. I want to be able to lower the (49x@24) table for transit but also want it to be steady when up. Putting two springfields would not only be overkill but clearly prohibitively expensive.

options:
1. put another table base nearer the back, another table mount, and use an adjustable pole that can easily be put in and out. To put table down, lower/remove that pole and stow, lower springfield 3 stage, done. Would this eliminate slide unless I have another slide mounted at that back place? I think I could perhaps do that second pole later if needed for stability. I could also just lower that extra pole in place enough to clear the mount, maintaining slide, and deploy it up when stability is needed.

2. use something really elegant like the harbor freight adjustable load bar, theoretically with the base near the back wall, and i assume as above, no slide possible when in place. but very cheap, and fairly easy to place/remove. sounds like a pita.

any other ideas?

I have learned so much in the last month on this forum. It's amazing the amount of information, and so helpful. Thanks, again.
Don't overthink it too much. As Robert pointed out in post #49, "The Springfield will handle the table just fine, provided it's mounted correctly. There is no wobble in the base at all. Any wobble will be a product of the "slop" in the sliders." I completely agree as that has been my experience. The Springfield is rock solid and it removed much of the table wobble. The little bit of wobble from the slop in the slide can be further reduced by incorporating locking mechanisms that put an upward pressure on the table when tightened. I used two large thumb screws that I mounted on the underside of the table (one front and one rear) with t-nuts. There was a thread showing how to do it, but unfortunately I can't find it.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote