Patandlinda Escape 19 modifications - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2017, 05:42 AM   #181

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We are giving away all the original cushion and valance fabric's . There are no tears , stains ,worn, no doggies allowed etc. FREE. pm us . I just ask for shipping . It all fits in a large priority box that includes , tracking, insurance in price . I ship all the time VW parts using this . trailer was built Nov. 2013 . Fabric is in like new condition . We have a 19 regular dinette. the shipping is about 19.00 . Pat
Pat, I would be interested in your stock fabric if you still have it. I can PM my address, etc. Let me know. Thanks!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #182

Trailer: Excited new owner of a gently broken in 2016 Escape 21
Quote:
Linda just finished 2 of our new cushions. Pat

Good morning! Quick question! How did you get your pattern/measurements to make new cushion covers? And where did you find your fabric? This is high on my list of changes for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yologals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #183

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Pat, I would be interested in your stock fabric if you still have it. I can PM my address, etc. Let me know. Thanks!
Hi Arnie. Dave " Rubicon " sent me a e-mail this morning saying he was mailing out the check for shipping today . If for any reason he changes his mind I definetly will let you know . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by yologals View Post
Good morning! Quick question! How did you get your pattern/measurements to make new cushion covers? And where did you find your fabric? This is high on my list of changes for us.

Hi . Lot's of fabric online . Also JoAnne's . Linda found some more at Walmart for the pillows . The seating fabric is Sunbrella . Patiolane , Sailrite , Brickhouse , etc. thanks to Laura getting us in the right direction . For the seating cushions we found a upholster to make them . We brought all the material . Our foam was reused . She added new zippers . If you have a good sewing machine and are a sewer . The original cushion fabric is taken apart and that is the pattern for your new cushions . We did our own valances . Removing the original for the pattern . Using a staple gun and attached new ,back to wood . There was just 2 screws holding each valance . We also replaced the underside of our dinette cushions with grey automotive vinyl we bought at Joanne's , the upholster used . Should of taken a picture of the backsides . Linda wasn't sure of her machine so we took everything for cushions to get done by a upholster.We called a few and found someone in town .
Sunbrella is a very good choice for cushion material . We bought 8 yards of Sunbrella and 2 yards of vinyl, 4 yards of cotton material for pillows . We still have material left .better to have too much then to be short . Hope this helps . Pat
Old 07-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #185

Trailer: Excited new owner of a gently broken in 2016 Escape 21
Quote:
Hi . Lot's of fabric online . Also JoAnne's . Linda found some more at Walmart for the pillows . The seating fabric is Sunbrella . Patiolane , Sailrite , Brickhouse , etc. thanks to Laura getting us in the right direction . For the seating cushions we found a upholster to make them . We brought all the material . Our foam was reused . She added new zippers . If you have a good sewing machine and are a sewer . The original cushion fabric is taken apart and that is the pattern for your new cushions . We did our own valances . Removing the original for the pattern . Using a staple gun and attached new ,back to wood . There was just 2 screws holding each valance . We also replaced the underside of our dinette cushions with grey automotive vinyl we bought at Joanne's , the upholster used . Should of taken a picture of the backsides . Linda wasn't sure of her machine so we took everything for cushions to get done by a upholster.We called a few and found someone in town .

Sunbrella is a very good choice for cushion material . We bought 8 yards of Sunbrella and 2 yards of vinyl, 4 yards of cotton material for pillows . We still have material left .better to have too much then to be short . Hope this helps . Pat

It does help! Thank you so much. I can see but zippers frustrate me. Probably will need to find someone for that part of it.

yologals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by yologals View Post
It does help! Thank you so much. I can see but zippers frustrate me. Probably will need to find someone for that part of it.

We talked with about 3 in town before we decided who to use. She is almost retired and did this for extra income once in awhile and we were charged half of what others wanted . Pays to check around . Well worth to get cushions done for you . Pat