Patandlinda Escape modifications - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Added more jewelry to trailer . A stainless door latch . The plastic one was getting brittle . Found a little net at Harbor Freight to hold back paper towels etc. and added to bench , my side keep moving off at that end . Have cut table down so it still will make into a bed . One of these days get cushions recovered so won"t see added foam / Pat
Good idea on the paper towels. I can't quite get the table situation but we haven't had our 19' for a while. Have to look at that some more. No end to your great mods, Pat!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Good idea on the paper towels. I can't quite get the table situation but we haven't had our 19' for a while. Have to look at that some more. No end to your great mods, Pat!
Hey Cathy I cut our table down in the front , that is the piece for our extra counter at kitchen .I also cut about 4 in at the rear so we can swing the whole table around on the springflied . The front I cut off , remember it was hard to get in dinette on the driver side . The width is still the same to lower for the bed . Also changed the beige edging to black on table and counters . We added 2 in. more to seating so it is now 6 in . Because of the vinyl on bottom of seat cushion , it would slide off all the time . Now it can't with added wood . It would only slide at front. Someday we want to have a zippered cover or something to cover the 2 pieces of foam , so they will look like one . We have the noodles at back , it makes a slant . Just making the seating more comfortable . Thankyou for the compliment. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Hey Cathy I cut our table down in the front , that is the piece for our extra counter at kitchen .I also cut about 4 in at the rear so we can swing the whole table around on the springflied . The front I cut off , remember it was hard to get in dinette on the driver side . The width is still the same to lower for the bed . Also changed the beige edging to black on table and counters . We added 2 in. more to seating so it is now 6 in . Because of the vinyl on bottom of seat cushion , it would slide off all the time . Now it can't with added wood . It would only slide at front. Someday we want to have a zippered cover or something to cover the 2 pieces of foam , so they will look like one . We have the noodles at back , it makes a slant . Just making the seating more comfortable . Thankyou for the compliment. Pat
The edging is another good change. We have that, too. You're welcome, Pat.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Looks good Pat! Where did you get the SS latch?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:45 AM   #25

Quote:
The edging is another good change. We have that, too. You're welcome, Pat.
Yup the black looks a lot better Pat
Old 05-17-2017, 12:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Looks good Pat! Where did you get the SS latch?
Hi Ross , I was at a RV dealer and it was at there store . It was about 18.00 . Tomorrow I can get you the information that was on the packaging . Pat
Old 10-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #27

A few modifications to my 19

Quote:
Nice work Myron ! Always good to change things up and get a different look sometimes . Now you are giving me that pin prick to change our table . After Chris R. gave me the source for the trim , the garage has 3 ,8 ft strips of moulding just waiting . I am just trying to decide on the table top . Really like the look and to get rid of the plastic . Pat
Well ordered a piece of formica to make a change. After the new fabric and new pillows (thanks again Laura) and Myron changing out his table , I changed ours. I also changed the 2 shelfs in the bed area. I love wood but formica is a better surface in a RV . I already had to fix the shelf I made shelf a couple of times . Still trying to decide kitchen counters . Wanted something different for counters , I may just add the Mira retro moulding . Still trying to decide .Found better choices in formica in Europe . we still seem to be in browns and granites. Walking into trailer like the brighter colors . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0001 3.jpg   DSC_0002 4.jpg   DSC_0004 2.jpg  
Old 10-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Wow, Pat!
Love your colors and pillows and new trim and table and mods !
Looks terrific!
We have very similar colors in ours
Old 10-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Love the nautical theme upholstery.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
Wow, Pat!
Love your colors and pillows and new trim and table and mods !
Looks terrific!
We have very similar colors in ours
Thanks Lisa and Pete . Those are our colors even at home . Really wish we could live at the ocean 24/7 . I even have a real large porthole , Linda got for me years ago ( reminds me I am supposed to make a table ) the kids say the house almost can float . Even our old 1963 Ford was Caribbean Turquoise . We just went with the standard at first to help get options we really wanted knowing later could change . Pat
Old 10-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Love the nautical theme upholstery.

Ron
Thankyou Ron . Closest I am ever going to own a boat . Pat
Old 10-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Well ordered a piece of formica to make a change. After the new fabric and new pillows (thanks again Laura) and Myron changing out his table , I changed ours. I also changed the 2 shelfs in the bed area. I love wood but formica is a better surface in a RV . I already had to fix the shelf I made shelf a couple of times . Still trying to decide kitchen counters . Wanted something different for counters , I may just add the Mira retro moulding . Still trying to decide .Found better choices in formica in Europe . we still seem to be in browns and granites. Walking into trailer like the brighter colors . Pat
Ops forgot a picture of the little Escape shelf . On that shelf and the table I just sanded the formica real good , after cleaning with tack rag, used contact cement and left until the next day with weight on surfaces . Cleaned up the edges with straight bit and router . Started with little shelfs to get familiar and then did table . Decided instead of 3 m tape to use stainless screws. Now to figure the kitchen counters . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0001 3.jpg  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #33

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Looks GREAT Pat! I really like that new countertop color over the stock one from ETI. Yep, you really needed to change it after getting the new fabric and pillows.

And you KNOW you're gonna change the kitchen counter next.

I know how much you like "chrome" so the edge is perfect for you.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Very nice work as always, Pat!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #35

Quote:

Really wish we could live at the ocean 24/7 . I even have a real large porthole , Linda got for me years ago ( reminds me I am supposed to make a table ) the kids say the house almost can float . Even our old 1963 Ford was Caribbean Turquoise Pat
That would be great! We have the same kind of theme. Will post some time. Love your cushion design. Good job on the tables!
Old 10-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Looks GREAT Pat! I really like that new countertop color over the stock one from ETI. Yep, you really needed to change it after getting the new fabric and pillows.

And you KNOW you're gonna change the kitchen counter next.

I know how much you like "chrome" so the edge is perfect for you.
Laura Thankyou ! Very happy about the change . Like I said it insulted my eye's when I went in the trailer after the fabric and pillow change . . Much nicer now. Yes , love the shiney metal . Need to check out Wilson Art for kitchen counters . Didn't find anything with Formica . I saw they have a product you paint on counters . Just like the Solar I am in a holding pattern until something pops . Pat
Old 10-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Very nice work as always, Pat!
Thankyou Greg! Pat
Old 10-17-2017, 07:52 PM   #38

Quote:
That would be great! We have the same kind of theme. Will post some time. Love your cushion design. Good job on the tables!
Hi Cathy would love to see ! We got the pillow link from Laura and Linda made the pillows . Thankyou Cathy ! Pat
Old 10-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Ops forgot a picture of the little Escape shelf . On that shelf and the table I just sanded the formica real good , after cleaning with tack rag, used contact cement and left until the next day with weight on surfaces . Cleaned up the edges with straight bit and router . Started with little shelfs to get familiar and then did table . Decided instead of 3 m tape to use stainless screws. Now to figure the kitchen counters . Pat
After checking out formica's decided to stick with the original . Added the counter edging and it kind of brings everything together , couldn't find anything we liked . Felt for the kitchen counters needed something busier then a solid . Really like our removable counter and that was a dilemma if I redid counters . So enough money already and just improved what was there . Do want to change out those buttons and the brown trim piece . Another improvement ,other then replacing with a stainless lid is something for the stove top lid because it gets scratched . We like the lid just a surface that is better . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0228.jpg   IMG_0229.jpg  
Old 10-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #40

Quote:
After checking out formica's decided to stick with the original . Added the counter edging and it kind of brings everything together , couldn't find anything we liked . Felt for the kitchen counters needed something busier then a solid . Really like our removable counter and that was a dilemma if I redid counters . So enough money already and just improved what was there . Do want to change out those buttons and the brown trim piece . Another improvement ,other then replacing with a stainless lid is something for the stove top lid because it gets scratched . We like the lid just a surface that is better . Pat
A lot of work but I know that it is worth it to you. Our stove cover is also scratched. Could just add a thin piece of wood to much of the top. Or many other materials.

I would show you ours but I took the trailer down to Texas and then we came up to Iowa. We and the trailer switched places!