Patandlinda Escape modifications - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,514
Patandlinda Escape modifications

fixed temporary water connections. Only cost about 15.00 . cheap cutting boards from Ikea and locking door . When I get the time will change to the better door with brass connection for water . Need to cut out fiberglass about 1 in , install everything back . Did't want to mess with now . This will help so I don't lose cap because , the lanyard broke from sun which I almost lost . Want a door over my water connections as I always have had . four a lamp I had in garage 3m taped to underside and screwed lamp to wood .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001.jpg (83.0 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0002.jpg (82.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0003.jpg (116.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0004.jpg (114.6 KB, 90 views)
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,514
few modifications to my 19

had some plastic panels left from greenhouse . Cut to fit inside front cover . Panel are about 1/4 thick . fits snug and glued top with silicone in case ,leaving bottom open in case water gets in there so it can run out . It had eliminated the wrinkles a lot, at least by half . Also this insulation will help the window in hot or cold , because it is the one window not insulated . Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0786.jpg (102.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0784.jpg (109.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0785.jpg (122.4 KB, 107 views)
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Ah-Hah! Great timing. (WallyWorld, 4 for abuckandahalf.)
Myron thought of a little chain on cap . But decided I wanted a door . Will change at a later date to better water connection which are brass and keyed door . they are about 50.00 , but need to cut fiberglass and uninstall and install everything back . Don't have the time right now . Screwing the metal water connection to cheap plastic is not going to last long. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 8,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
had some plastic panels left from greenhouse . Cut to fit inside front cover . Panel are about 1/4 thick . fits snug and glued top with silicone in case ,leaving bottom open in case water gets in there so it can run out . It had eliminated the wrinkles a lot, at least by half . Also this insulation will help the window in hot or cold , because it is the one window not insulated . Pat
I like it Pat. Over time the "wrinkling" on the rock guard seems to get worse. Might just have to try that.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #5
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 14,634
Pat,
In your picture, where are the 2 latches on the backside of the panel?
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Want a door over my water connections as I always have had .
Me too. Good solution.

My Scamp had a water filler that looked like a tiny urinal. I always hoped some bored kid in a campground wouldn't think the same thing.

So when we did our initial visit to ETI I was happy to see that they had a locking water filler cover. During orientation, when heading towards that area and water filler was mentioned, I said how happy I was that they had a locking cover. Imagine my surprise when I found that they no longer provided them. The reason given was that they couldn't buy them anymore.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 8,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Pat,
In your picture, where are the 2 latches on the backside of the panel?
If you mean the rock guard, they're in the photo.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I like it Pat. Over time the "wrinkling" on the rock guard seems to get worse. Might just have to try that.
Hi Robert you will really like this improvement . It is really hot here and when I opened up the trailer it seemed to be a little cooler considering the sun is beating down right there on the front . And you are right the wrinkling was getting worst . I can't remember what you call these panels but if you need me to I can go take a picture of a panel I still have not used . They are very often used on green houses . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Me too. Good solution.

My Scamp had a water filler that looked like a tiny urinal. I always hoped some bored kid in a campground wouldn't think the same thing.

So when we did our initial visit to ETI I was happy to see that they had a locking water filler cover. During orientation, when heading towards that area and water filler was mentioned, I said how happy I was that they had a locking cover. Imagine my surprise when I found that they no longer provided them. The reason given was that they couldn't buy them anymore.

Ron
Same for us Ron . And just in case as you said also my reasoning was disappointed not having the little door however you can purchase the locking system all over the place . Camping World , RV stores , Amazon . May help to stop a prank or losing your cap or a better brass connection for your hose to connect too . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
If you mean the rock guard, they're in the photo.
Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.