Powered steps - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
That's how they showed us to do it at our orientation last week. It's surprising easy. I'd suggest the OP try it before going to to much trouble.
Be sure you are not wearing flip flops.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:12 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Back to the OP's original concern of bending over...

I went out to get my trailer this morning and having read this thread, I paid particular attention to how much and how many times I had to bend over just to hitch up the trailer. The biggest deal was bending over or getting down on my knees to hook up the safety chains and there's just no way around that. The steps (which I have to bend down to deploy due to a "door mat" attached to it) is minor compared with attaching the safety chains. When I got home I had to add air to both tires which necessitated bending over. I don't have gray- and black-water tanks so can't address that issue but am sure that it involves bending the knees to access the valves. My point is (as mentioned above) that the steps may be minor compared with hitching and unhitching the trailer.

But maybe all these issues are solvable by just taking the first step with the steps.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 03-31-2017, 03:40 PM   #23

Trailer: 21
To the owner of this forum site please delete this thread as I will be deleting this web site. I joined to get ideas and to get answers on what few question I have on this type of rv , this is not my first rodeo with RVs. All I've gotten in reply amounts to is why bother with this mod with all the other areas of bending over that are involved.Most of which are avoidable with simple modifications. I thought this was a site to get help ,guess I was wrong so y'all continue to enjoy nit picking people's question and concerns. To Donna and tdx-texas, thank you are both of have been very helpful with information both of you have supplied. Others should follow their example. Good bye and happy RVing to all. May all your journies be many and fantastic
Closed Thread