projector? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2018, 07:18 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetodream View Post
Not sure about Fakespot site. I entered a cell phone (MotoG5plus) we may purchase into the site. It gave it a D rating saying 50% of the reviews are of low quality. I can believe that 50% may be low quality reviews. But Fakespot says: Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is high deception involved- which seems suspect to me.

I spent several hours looking into the phone before learning about Fakesite and have concluded it is one of the better bargain priced cell phones for sale at this time. There is always a risk in buying products & trusting what we read on the internet. Buyer beware.
Hi: freetodream... Is that the G5 company the US wants to nationalize? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
fakespot is reviewing the reviewers, NOT the product. a lot of stuff on amazon isn't actually being sold by amazon, its from 3rd party 'marketplace' vendors, and many of them are less than scrupulous.

re: that projector and its reviews, i skimmed the reviews and was already highly suspicious... Then, I noted that 11% of the rewviews were ONE star, so I read THOSE and got a WHOLE different vibe than the others. then I fired up fakespot and it confirmed my suspicions.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #23

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetodream View Post
I entered a cell phone (MotoG5plus) we may purchase into the site. It gave it a D rating saying 50% of the reviews are of low quality. I can believe that 50% may be low quality reviews. But Fakespot says: Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is high deception involved- which seems suspect to me.

I spent several hours looking into the phone before learning about Fakesite and have concluded it is one of the better bargain priced cell phones for sale at this time.
I have had a Moto G3 for a couple of years, and i'm not surprised that the Moto G5 Plus would be a good choice; however, that says nothing about the quality of the online reviews.

In this specific case, for the Amazon listing that I found and fed to Fakespot, 60% of reviewers gave the phone 5 stars. That's implausible, for a phone... especially a budget phone. If half of those 5-star reviews were ignored as fake (and all of the negative reviews were accepted as real), the product would still have a very good rating, so I don't see any conflict between the Fakespot assessment of reviews and the idea that this is a very good phone.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:25 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Just to update, I just ordered this:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll post back on how it goes....
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post
Just to update, I just ordered this:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this:

i just ran the numbers, that screen is 32x24 inches fully opened, which divided by the claimed 420 lumens gives 850 lux (max). now, 850 lux is nearly as bright as a overcast day outside, so I suspect that lumen number is highly exaggerated, which is pretty typically for off brand electronics.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:59 PM   #26

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Looks interesting can it also be used out doors ?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #27
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post

and this:

Hi drjenk,
I am not questioning your motive or reasoning but having worked with many high end units and knowing there limitations (noise,heat,lighting,vibration, ect..).
Just curious why ? what are you looking for that say a 24" smart tv could not provide especially knowing how small the dinette area is on a 5.0 TA.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote