Propane quick disconnect & grills - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Explain the foil inside the Weber. ..
I line the inside surface of the Weber with foil which makes cleanup a snap. Each week of camping I re-line the Weber and then throw it all away when we get home. It makes a huge difference!

hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 15B
Thanks everyone, we will move forward with the option and the Spitfire grill!

memisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #13

Trailer: 2012 15-A
We will be looking at at the Spitfire down the road! Hopefully we will be able to see one up close at the rally in Osoyoos!
Scott
Kærnehuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I will have mine there again, Scott. Better get it cleaned up, it got a lot of hard use last year.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #15

I elected not to get the quick connect on my 5.0. The reasons are as follows: (1) Knowing how clumsy I am, I would probably trip on the line being so close to the trailer. (2) I don't like cooking too close to the trailer cause I don't want the smoke getting into the trailer or getting the awning discolored or dirty & (3) I don't want to buy a too expensive grill cause I don't like cleaning it. After a year or two I just throw out the grill and buy a new cheap weber gas grill for $50.00. No worries of low pressure propane or removing a regulator. I bought a lite fiberglass 10 pound propane tank and hook that up to my inexpensive stove and grill. I keep the tank with the other trailer tanks when traveling. Enjoy.
Roger from Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #16

Roger, it is easy to keep the line out of the way. I have a 15' (I think) hose, which is long enough to get well away, though I do tend to set up under the awning often due to rain. As far as the cleaning goes, can't offer any help there. I do need to do my grill, and expect to spend 30 minutes to do it, which is a once a year thing.

I guess with the 5.0 there is room for your 3rd tank with the trailer ones. Something not available to the other model trailers.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
My buddy "Felix" ( and I'm Oscar according to the Old Bag ) keeps a sparkling grill. But, I'm quite sure I read somewhere that you only have to run it on high for a half hour or so, once in a while, to burn off the accumulation. I'm sure that's what it said. Somewhere.
I do use a 10 lb. tank and used to have a 5 lb. at one time. Not a problem to store or move to wherever I want the BBQ, which might include a neighbor's campsite.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #18

Trailer: 2012 15-A
Jim, I'm going to have my white glove with me for the inspection of your Spitfire!!!
Scott
Kærnehuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #19

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
I do have the low pressure propane connection and use it all the time. I even bought the weber cast iron griddle for the baby q to add more versatility = more cooking in the great outdoors. Being on week one of the post Xmas diet has me looking ahead and fantasizing between french toast or pancakes for the first breakfast morning of the spring trip.

On a little more serious note I've also been researching another low pressure device for that connection. Does anyone in the Escape community have a campfire in a can? Another nice BC company, great reviews, and with that quick connect it would be a great no fuss way of getting a little evening ambiance and heat after the cooking and the dishes are done ;-)
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kærnehuset View Post
Jim, I'm going to have my white glove with me for the inspection of your Spitfire!!!
Scott
Just bring a pair of rubber ones too. You might just have to scrub it up a bit before inspection.