Pulling Wires Front To Back - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #1

Pulling Wires Front To Back

Hey,

To anyone who has pulled wires from the front of a 19 to the rear what route did you take? I am doing the LED lights in the cabinets and have the power taps run they were no problem as I tapped the 12 accessory outlets to power them. I want to pull speaker wire from the front to the back along with an HDMI cable for later when I get to installing the Audio / Visual stuff . No I do not want to use wireless.

Also , does anyone have a stereo system installed and the TV amp antenae ? I am wondering if when the TV amp is turned on is there enough RF to interfere with it or WIFI signals? I do not intend to acutally use the antenae. I mainly watch movies but if I happen to want to catch local news etc I want to see how heavily I might have to shield the stereo / computer they will be running on dedicated 12v with and a noise filter.

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is a wire run in the 19 over the door.under the trim by the screen door., this will allow from front to kitchen cabinet access.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
On the driver side you can use a stiff wire, fiberglass rod, or piece of thin molding to get from under the dinette to under the fridge/bed past the bath.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 19 26/May/2014 Sold New trailer 2016 Bigfoot 25B21FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
On the driver side you can use a stiff wire, fiberglass rod, or piece of thin molding to get from under the dinette to under the fridge/bed past the bath.
Talk about putting the horse before the cart I installed this outlet on our Escape 19 under kitchen area sink. Planning on running power to it when I have more time. I was planning on going through the bath fridge route so nice to know that some has been successful go this route. So Doug on a 1to 10 scale how hard was it to run through bath fridge route ?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Mark & Karen Van Tiem 2014 Escape 19 sold, Now a Bigfoot 25B21FB Travel Trailer
markvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by markvt View Post
Talk about putting the horse before the cart I installed this outlet on our Escape 19 under kitchen area sink. Planning on running power to it when I have more time. I was planning on going through the bath fridge route so nice to know that some has been successful go this route. So Doug on a 1to 10 scale how hard was it to run through bath fridge route ?
An outlet in this location needs to be ground fault protected GFCI.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #6

I agree with Jubal - use a GFCI breaker or outlet.

It was much easier than I thought it would be. I would say 3/10 (fairly easy) including the furnace R&R.

I removed the furnace but would not have had to. If you do you will need to dis/re connect the thermostat wires and gas line. The only tricky part is reinstalling it - need to align the vent. I did it alone but a helper would have made it easier.

I pushed a piece of 12-3 romex from the driver side dinette past the bath. If you remove the furnace it is easy to catch it. If not get under the bed (fun) with a flashlight and an assistant and reach in under the fridge. IMHO the best tool for this is a fiberglass fish rod designed for fishing electrical wires - Klein Tools 15 ft. Splinter Guard Glow Rod Set-56415 at The Home Depot. The cheapest tool is a thin piece of wood trim or a piece of romex. (The romex is barely stiff enough and I recommend the wood trim or fish rod.)
Old 08-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #7

There should be an outlet by the door you can tap into.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #8

Yes I agree this should be a GFIC protected outlet . I want to run a new twenty amp circuit up to the kitchen area. This will let us run a coffee pot and microwave at the same time.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There should be an outlet by the door you can tap into.
Jim on my Escape 19 the outlet by the door in already GFIC protected if I tied into this outlet circuit would it not also make my new outlet protected too?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #10

As long as you wire it correctly. Hook the new outlet to the LOAD terminals. Test it by tripping the GFCI - the new outlet should be dead.

BUT - if your microwave is under the cooktop it is probably on the same circuit as the end cabinet outlet. Check it by tripping the breaker.

If your microwave is above the fridge I don't know how ETI wires it.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
As long as you wire it correctly. Hook the new outlet to the LOAD terminals. Test it by tripping the GFCI - the new outlet should be dead.

BUT - if your microwave is under the cooktop it is probably on the same circuit as the end cabinet outlet. Check it by tripping the breaker.

If your microwave is above the fridge I don't know how ETI wires it.
Doug yes my microwave is under the cooktop and tomorrow Iwill have to do some circuit checking to see whats on what circuits. Thanks for help it is greatly appreciated

Old 08-29-2014, 11:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvt View Post
Jim on my Escape 19 the outlet by the door in already GFIC protected if I tied into this outlet circuit would it not also make my new outlet protected too?
Yes, it should be protected as it is down wire from it. Also I had to reinforce that area around the outlet, it seemed a little flimsy after I cut the hole. Here is a picture of what I did from my Modifications thread- see post #57
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...-a-1657-6.html