Continuing the saga.
We did a longer trip, 6 weeks through N Arizona and S Utah, in March/April. The dinette seat height and new floor seemed to work well, so it was time to finish the installation. The only trouble was with the well for the electrical panel. The air flow wasn't a problem, but it sure was a collector of dirt and sand. Not easy to clean down there so the plan was to raise it to the new floor level.
I planned to remove the facing from the existing dinette framing and apply taller 1/8 oak faced plywood. The plan was good but the facing was glued to the framing, very well glued. It makes sense, the structure is much more solid if glued together. But, it makes removing the facing impossible. So, the first step was to remove the dinette framing and start over.
Then, using the original framing as a pattern, new extended height framing was constructed. The boards previously used to raise the seats were used for the top of the new framing.
I decided to add a beam to support the fixed seat base. This is to replace the ETI seat supports that extend to the floor. I found these extensions to be in the way when packing and retrieving items from the under dinette storage. I'm not sure how much load is on this but I added brackets in the corners for adequate strength.
You can see the electrical panel has been raised to the new floor level. Moving it up wasn't as much trouble as I feared. I had to extend 8 or 10 wires but most were able to be re-routed without extension.
I added a drawer over the existing access door. There was room for this and it fit well over the door. The front most area is still accessible from the top and the back, which this drawer blocks, is accessed from the access door.
The framing was covered with 1/8 oak faced plywood and re-installed. I glued the plywood to the framing as EIT did, and I sure hope I don't want to take it apart later. I used three coats of polyurethane finish with no prior stain. It matches the original paneling well. The floor framing and 1/2 plywood flooring were re-installed. The only change to the floor was to extend the street side under the electrical panel for support, rather than a cut out to go around it. The temporary supports in the picture are to assure the spacing is right for the table to fit during bed conversion. You can see cut outs for the 120V and 12V recepticals.
The flooring and table pocket were installed. I talked Home Depot out of one board which was needed to complete the new floor which extended under the electrical panel. Thank you Home Depot. The cover at the front of the trailer was made, using the last one as a pattern, and installed. Likewise the oak plywood facing was placed on the end of the new raised floor.
The new drawer can be seen minus its facing.