Refrigerator guard - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #81

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
What Jim said. I learned the hard way. In the instructions, it is noted that you should have a little space on the sides to help keep the contents stored in the door shelves cool. Go with the small for a 4.3.
Thanks Rich but it is already on it's way . That may make 2 of us learning the hard way ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The correct size is small as in length because the width is adjustable.
Jim a update to Fridge quard . Sent back the medium too big for the 4.3.It really was way too long and a tighter fit so door won't get cool air to it . Received the small but I have the milk on bottom one . I plan to reinstall freezer at least for winter temps . That one will work better for me . I can't thank you enough this fridge quard is very high quality . I never expected it to be so well made for the price . It fits the the 4.3 really well . At the bottom is very heavy vinyl I just need to shorten a few inches for the 4.3. . It is there for your crisper which I no longer have . I have Charley's tray which works great . You can shorten the vinyl with scissors . Very easy . Another great use is when we were on our trip , when stopped and opened fridge things fell out . This will prevent that . I would highly recommend this product to anyone , and I am not very easy to please . John , you speak to is also great . If he doesn't answer , just leave him a message or e- mail and he will get back to you . Thanks again Jim for a great find ! Pat
Old 09-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #83

refrigerator guard

Did a quick install with new guard . Put my freezer back without door , can't use .Cut about 3 in off bottom clear vinyl . Charlie"s tray will pull out under there . I am going to move bottom shelf up one to give me more room for what i keep in Charlie"s tray , lettuce , fruit etc. My door closes , no problem , there are a lot of adjustments you can make with this system . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
P1010005.jpg  
Old 09-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #84

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Pat,

Where did you get the second wire shelf? From Dometic direct?

Bob
Old 09-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #85
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Did a quick install with new guard . Put my freezer back without door , can't use .Cut about 3 in off bottom clear vinyl . Charlie"s tray will pull out under there . I am going to move bottom shelf up one to give me more room for what i keep in Charlie"s tray , lettuce , fruit etc. My door closes , no problem , there are a lot of adjustments you can make with this system . Pat
Ummm, which model of fridge is the tray in? Think you just sent me the dimensions you wanted me to use to make it.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #86

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
John put my exchange in the mail today, Pat. Gotta say, he's a customer-focused guy with a great product! Gotta say thanks again to Jim for finding this and wrangling Escape owners a discount.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Pat,

Where did you get the second wire shelf? From Dometic direct?

Bob
Hi Bob .Yes Kountry Kamper gave me the idea . It was pricey but I did get it from Dometic . At least it is metal . If you need more info I can look it up for you Pat
Old 09-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Ummm, which model of fridge is the tray in? Think you just sent me the dimensions you wanted me to use to make it.
Hi Charlie one of the first mods was getting rid of that crisper . The bottom of the crisper holds chemicals in outside box now . I followed Kountry Kamper and had you make me tray for my 4.3 . Pat
Old 09-19-2015, 07:17 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
John put my exchange in the mail today, Pat. Gotta say, he's a customer-focused guy with a great product! Gotta say thanks again to Jim for finding this and wrangling Escape owners a discount.
I know Rich about John . I just sent back medium yesterday and e- mailed John . He already has credited my card . He used to live near me in a city called Newbury Park . Great working with him . Pat
Old 09-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Bob .Yes Kountry Kamper gave me the idea . It was pricey but I did get it from Dometic . At least it is metal . If you need more info I can look it up for you Pat
Thanks, if you could PM me the part number from Dometic, I'd appreciate it! I had it, but I'm dipped if I can find it in my notes now. I spent a lot of time on the phone with their Customer Service rep, who herself couldn't find it immediately. When she did find it, and told me the price, I decided I could wait a little longer.

Bob
Old 09-20-2015, 12:53 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Thanks, if you could PM me the part number from Dometic, I'd appreciate it! I had it, but I'm dipped if I can find it in my notes now. I spent a lot of time on the phone with their Customer Service rep, who herself couldn't find it immediately. When she did find it, and told me the price, I decided I could wait a little longer.

Bob
Here goes Bob . Item number 2413379609 called lower shelf 458*292MM. Please remit payment to ometic Corporation
DEPT CH 19497
Palatine, IL 60055-9497
My price was 77.20, shipping charge 15.00 and taxes .
Very pricey but it should makes frig a lot more useful and I like the metal instead of plastic . I took all this info from my receipt . Pat
Old 09-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #92

Sorry I just saw the PM . Let me know if you got this info . Pat
Old 09-20-2015, 02:01 PM   #93

Got it, thanks!

Bob
Old 12-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #94

I'm having second thoughts on the fridge guard. It's installed on my 4.3 fridge in the 19' Escape. I find that working with the fridge guard makes getting items in and out much (MUCH) slower than without. So is 3 minutes with the door open with the fridge guard better than 30 seconds without? Also, due to congestion at the top, I removed the freezer compartment, thus losing that option. Any others having rethinking this purchase?
Old 12-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #95

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have a hard time finding what I want, without having that curtain in the way ( didn't buy one ).
We have a couple small plastic boxes in the fridge. One contains cheese, deli meats, butter, etc. I can open the the fridge and quickly grab that box and close the door. I can then look for the salami and dig out the cheese.
Another is the crisper with fruit and veg. I do the same. Remove the whole box quickly.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #96

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I have a hard time finding what I want, without having that curtain in the way ( didn't buy one ).
We have a couple small plastic boxes in the fridge. One contains cheese, deli meats, butter, etc. I can open the the fridge and quickly grab that box and close the door. I can then look for the salami and dig out the cheese.
Another is the crisper with fruit and veg. I do the same. Remove the whole box quickly.
Exactly what we do. We removed the lower shelf to give us more room for the boxes. We include one for ice if we know it will be a long or warm day.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #97

I got the medium one and trimmed it the sides and bottom to fit my RMD8555 with the crisper drawer and shelf removed. I removed it and will not reinstall it.

1) Pain in the neck to get at stuff.
2) The fridge would not get below 41 with it installed. (Which I do not understand. Maybe it blocked the air circulation too much??)
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #98

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Have any of these fridge fix gizmos actually worked?
Old 12-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #99

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
The two modifications I've done to my 5.0 cu ft refrigerator that have been useful are adding a pair of fans (more even cooling & reduces frosting of the fins) and LED lighting that lights both the freezer & refrigerator (with a magnetic door switch):
Attached Thumbnails
ASG_1652.jpg   ASE_5762.jpg  
Old 12-30-2015, 06:37 PM   #100

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We use one of these and like Jon with his built in fan, it seems to help the fridge have more even cooling: Valtera But it is not a well made long lasting device by any means.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote

« Alarm | screen room »