Replacement Sink - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
Replacement Sink

We want to replace our acrylic sink with a stainless steel one. Does anyone know the specs and or manufacturer/model of a drop in replacement?

I found a couple of 13"x15" sinks that may fit the bill. They may all be built by Heng though, many list their manufacturers part number. The best description is at RV and Van Surplus, their Item #0711003. I think the same sink is at they list as Heng's model SSS-1315-5-22.

Does anyone know if these are a drop in replacement for the existing acrylic sink. We have a 2011 Escape 19.

Any leads on a replacement stainless faucet?

Thanks in advance.
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I'd call ETI and ask if the current stainless sink is still good for replacing yours. If it is then you could either run up there and have them swap it or tell you where to buy one and what it is.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

Greg:

I just sent an email to Escape asking this. I thought I'd try here and also there.

Makes little sense to drive two days to Chilliwack to have the sink switched. Also i'd like to avoid shipping one from Canada. Hopefully someone here, or at Escape, can provide a manufacturer and model I can order in the States.

Thanks though, and I am pursuing that line on inquiry.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I hear ya Hugh, thought you might be heading up to the rally....
ETI get's most of their parts in US so I would imagine if they could tell you the model and brand you could find it online or local US.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by currinh View Post

Thanks in advance.
That depends on how much plumbing you want to do. You can use any household type faucet like those sold at a home improvement or hardware store. But, most of these have the water lines already attached that are designed to replace the existing lines.

Also, your countertop only has two holes in it - no center hole. So, even if you use a modern faucet with pre-connected lines, you'll need the base plate or escutcheon (to cover the existing holes) and you'll need to drill a hole for the lines going down from the center. That's because the stock Escape faucet is of the type that uses 1/2" threaded connections that attach directly under the hot and cold knobs, and they only drill holes where they need to - 8" spread. The water mixes inside the base of the faucet. Many modern faucets mix the water inside the center valve, and the base (or escutcheon) if any, is dry.

So, if you want a direct replacement, choose a faucet with 1/2 standard pipe threads under the hot and cold knobs. You then use your existing plumbing and it's an easy swap out. Otherwise, you have to cut your existing pex lines and add a male fitting on the end to attach the new faucet's water lines to.

I did a swap out of the faucet just this last weekend. Because I wanted an easy swap out, I chose a faucet with 1/2" threads under the knobs, that mixes the water inside the base. Details are here:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ds-5691-9.html
Old 05-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #6

rbryan4:

I like that faucet, well I like it if it's the first picture. Great improvement over the stock Escape faucet, second pic. If this is backwards please sell me the old (first picture) one. :-)

Do you have any additional information on the faucet? You mentioned it's a Peerless Stainless Steel, do you have a model number? Was it from a local suplier like Lowes or Home Depot?

Good information for installation. This will help me.

Thanks, it looks good.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:00 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
rbryan4:

I like that faucet, well I like it if it's the first picture. Great improvement over the stock Escape faucet, second pic. If this is backwards please sell me the old (first picture) one. :-)

Do you have any additional information on the faucet? You mentioned it's a Peerless Stainless Steel, do you have a model number? Was it from a local suplier like Lowes or Home Depot?

Good information for installation. This will help me.

Thanks, it looks good.
Yes Hugh, the new one is in the first picture. You can tell the old one by the shiny plastic and the clear knobs.

Here's the link for the model:

http://www.amazon.com/Peerless-P2995...ilpage_o04_s00

But, check out the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" section at the bottom of the page. Many of those are the same type, and will work as a direct replacement too.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #8

Foolish me, I found all the information deeper in the thread. The faucet is:

Peerless P299568LF-SS Choice. Bought on Amazon. There are lots of more fancy models, but I wanted a direct replacement with no tools or mods.

A link to the Amazon site at http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...s-5691-10.html

Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks again.
You are welcome. By the way, we still have the night light you and Denise gave us in Monument Valley, and it makes a great power tester.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
We want to replace our acrylic sink with a stainless steel one. Does anyone know the specs and or manufacturer/model of a drop in replacement?

I found a couple of 13"x15" sinks that may fit the bill. They may all be built by Heng though, many list their manufacturers part number. The best description is at RV and Van Surplus, their Item #0711003. I think the same sink is at they list as Heng's model SSS-1315-5-22.

Does anyone know if these are a drop in replacement for the existing acrylic sink. We have a 2011 Escape 19.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Currinh . Escape will take your package and it is shipped from Sumas , so the shipping is not bad and not from Canada . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
By the way, we still have the night light you and Denise gave us in Monument Valley, and it makes a great power tester.
Ha. And we have it's twin that we also use for power testing. We'll have to have a night light reunion soon. :-)
Old 05-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Escape will take your package and it is shipped from Sumas , so the shipping is not bad and not from Canada . Pat
If Escape'll do this it'd be as easy and inexpensive as ordering on-line. I'll see what Escape says. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:07 PM   #13

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
I'm buying a Kindred 1515/2 from Lowe's Canada. $99 CDN with free shipping to ETI. Ez-enuf!
Old 05-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #14

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
If Escape'll do this it'd be as easy and inexpensive as ordering on-line. I'll see what Escape says. Thanks.
Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:59 PM   #15

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
On my build sheet: n/c.

Greg
Old 05-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #16

So, we're committed to a kitchen renovation. It'll be a lot less expensive than the kitchen renovation we did in the house a few years ago.

Decided to go with the Pearless faucet recommended earlier. There are a few similar but this one looked to be the best cost/function trade off. I like that it is stainless.

Heard back from Tammy at Escape. The sink I identified in the fist post is the one they use. I just ordered one from RV and Van Supply. Tammy said the opening has to be slightly larger for the stainless sink and the plumbing needs a slight change. It should work well.

Also, for the renovation, we ordered an Attwood/Wedgewood slide in stove top. We have the same, but with an oven, in our 1955 Shasta and really like it. For Dora (the Escape 19) we couldn't bring ourselves to loose the space needed for a full range (i.e. with oven).

Hope to have all together for the Bandon Rally. A few trips before than but they are Vintage Rallies with Shasta.

I'll put up some pictures when it's done. Thanks to all for the help.