Replacing a Touch Audio Stereo/DVD/Radio player - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21; previously a 2012 Escape 19
Replacing a Touch Audio Stereo/DVD/Radio player

Our 2012 Escape 19 came with a Touch Audio Stereo/DVD/Radio player that has never operated correctly - now it's dead. So I want to replace the unit with something more modern (Bluetooth, Sat Radio, DVD, etc.). My main issue is the 7.75in wide x 6.5in high hole in the overhead cabinet above our bed.

I thought about putting in a 2-Din car unit but they are roughly 7 x 4 inches so the hole in not completely covered. Of course, I also have two round speakers in these overhead cabinets that I might upgrade as well.

I can handle the wiring but I'm not sure how to make the cabinets look OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Bill, I would maybe mount the stereo in a matching oak board sized to cover the existing hole.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Portable Bluetooth options

We are looking at our build sheet and considering the Audio options. I am a bit of an audiophile and musician, so sound quality will be important to me. I haven't heard the system in the Escape, but have heard some in other trailers and have been completely unimpressed. I'm not talking about volume so much as sound quality.
Something that can up in conversation recently was the product available from Bose. https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/products/s...eless_speakers
You can fill a good sized room with great sound with one of their small units, and it would be portable (when the trailer is not in use it can be in the garage or wherever you like).
I was looking at Touch 10 and Touch 20 at the local BestBuy, and was pretty impressed with the sound quality from a compact device. I would think that you could stream anything you like through it, including music from phone/table/laptop or a satellite radio device. I need to find out if it would work with TV.
This doesn't necessarily answer what you might do with the hole in your cabinetry, but I thought I would share the concept.
Brookfielder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabinets, dvd, radio, touch audio