Scissor Table Legs - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Scissor Table Legs

I am not saying this is a new idea...but just putting it out there for anyone that has not seen this before.
In our last trailer we had what I call scissor legs under the table. We found it worked fine and was reasonably stable. You can move it side to side to allow entrance or just keep it out of the way fully to one side. You can put a rug underneath and the big advantage is you always have a full size table you can take outside if there are no picnic tables available. (However our trailer also came with an outside clip on Thule plastic table which we used all the time.)
The only real disadvantage to the scissor legs I found was that it should be stored in the down/bed position while traveling.
The reason I took these pictures was because I was so impressed by it’s function. If that does not impress you, then maybe the price. Looks like they sell for about $30 a pair. Not a big investment spent...if you want to upgrade in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-2849.jpg   IMG-2837.jpg   IMG-2851.jpg   IMG-2840.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
That's a great idea, Thanks for posting. Price is always a factor w/us as well.

I looked at that and thought: where have I seen that before. Oh yeah, the ironing board in the other room. ( Does this mean clothes get ironed while camping? (I think not!). )
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:57 PM   #3

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I am not saying this is a new idea...but just putting it out there for anyone that has not seen this before.
In our last trailer we had what I call scissor legs under the table. We found it worked fine and was reasonably stable. You can move it side to side to allow entrance or just keep it out of the way fully to one side. You can put a rug underneath and the big advantage is you always have a full size table you can take outside if there are no picnic tables available. (However our trailer also came with an outside clip on Thule plastic table which we used all the time.)
The only real disadvantage to the scissor legs I found was that it should be stored in the down/bed position while traveling.
The reason I took these pictures was because I was so impressed by it’s function. If that does not impress you, then maybe the price. Looks like they sell for about $30 a pair. Not a big investment spent...if you want to upgrade in the future.
We had this in a Forest River trailer and hated it.
I found quickly, do not have your food or coffee on the table when someone who was not familiar with the table was setting down as they often jostled the table or bumped the legs.
As far as breaking it down into a bed it is about as clumsy as the method Escape uses.
The one advantage was it could be used outside.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
We had this in a Forest River trailer and hated it.
I found quickly, do not have your food or coffee on the table when someone who was not familiar with the table was setting down as they often jostled the table or bumped the legs.
As far as breaking it down into a bed it is about as clumsy as the method Escape uses.
The one advantage was it could be used outside.
Yup...a non skill operator could easily dump the whole works.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:58 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have a set of those legs in the basement, been there for at least 10 years, free to a good home if I can find them. Took them off and never used again.