Shelves for the closet on 2017 21' Escape - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeline View Post
21’ 5.0t
The 5.0TA is about 21 feet long, but it's not referred to as a 21. Different model. I'll assume you have a 5.0TA fifth wheel on order.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:24 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Road damage

Hi Donna
I drove 500 miles today, apparently my sense of humor became even more warped than my torso.
All odd numbers on Escape trailers hence
“That’s odd”
Probably not funny when I had to explain it!
Sorry
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #43

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Donna
I drove 500 miles today, apparently my sense of humor became even more warped than my torso. All odd numbers on Escape trailers hence “That’s odd”
Probably not funny when I had to explain it! Sorry Iowa Dave
Dave, I picked up on your "odd" remark, but then I spent most of the day dodging subtropical storm Alberto's rain squalls by watching old war movies on the Turner Classic Movie channel instead of driving 500 miles.
By the way, the most common answer I've heard so far for "What is a subtropical storm?" is "It's a storm that's not tropical."
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:54 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Dave, I picked up on your "odd" remark, but then I spent most of the day dodging subtropical storm Alberto's rain squalls by watching old war movies on the Turner Classic Movie channel instead of driving 500 miles.
By the way, the most common answer I've heard so far for "What is a subtropical storm?" is "It's a storm that's not tropical."
Those movies on TCM made me sad and at the same time proud to have served. Loved the Hollywood Canteen movie with all the famous people in it. The last one watched, The Best Years of our Lives was very poignant.(released in the year I was born) I had several relatives in WWII service. Sad that too many died or were maimed and proud to have served later.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:01 AM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Hi Donna
I drove 500 miles today, apparently my sense of humor became even more warped than my torso.
All odd numbers on Escape trailers hence
“That’s odd”
Probably not funny when I had to explain it!
Sorry
Iowa Dave

And if you sum them all up, it's still odd. The only time you even out is when you have two in the same garage (i.e. 19+21=even), so by my figuring, you're OK, Dave!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Add them up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
And if you sum them all up, it's still odd. The only time you even out is when you have two in the same garage (i.e. 19+21=even), so by my figuring, you're OK, Dave!
I did that a year ago but only for about 10 days. I was in the south end of Elkhart Indiana last Friday and they had quite a few rail cars from the New York Central including at least three passenger cars and a nice caboose. Looked like some kind of a railroad exhibit to me.and maybe associated with a restaurant. In addition I bought a 1948’Lionel train manual for a buck a couple weeks ago at a garage sale and sent it to a high school friend who lives in Sao Paula or whatever that town is in Ventura County. Happy Railroading
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:40 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
I did that a year ago but only for about 10 days. I was in the south end of Elkhart Indiana last Friday and they had quite a few rail cars from the New York Central including at least three passenger cars and a nice caboose. Looked like some kind of a railroad exhibit to me.and maybe associated with a restaurant. In addition I bought a 1948’Lionel train manual for a buck a couple weeks ago at a garage sale and sent it to a high school friend who lives in Sao Paula or whatever that town is in Ventura County. Happy Railroading
Iowa Dave
Thanks, Dave. Now I've got a new bucket list item: the National New York Central Railroad Museum, Elkhart, IN.
https://www.elkhartindiana.org/department/?fDD=54-0

Oh.. and that's Santa Paula, about 10 mi. due north of me, or 21 mi. by road. Smack dab in the middle between is South Mountain @ 2384 ft., with nothing but oil well access roads on it, not suitable for passenger vehicles!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:55 AM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Amish and railroading seem to go along together. Here in Penciltucky, near Lancaster, Pa is Strasburg, a rr Amish town where the Pennsylvania train museum is located https://rrmuseumpa.org
and nearby, on a smaller scale is National Toy Train Museum where you can stay in a motel where the rooms are actual rr cars Red Caboose Motel
Old 05-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #49

Trailer: soon to be '18 Escape 21, '18 F150 XLT 2.7 tow
Looks like those cabooses could use some levelers!
Stkshftr is offline   Reply With Quote