SpringField Marine Pedestal - and a few more mods - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 5,943
SpringField Marine Pedestal - and a few more mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_75 View Post
Hi Robert,



Thanks for another "making your trailer home" helpful mods/steps.



One quick question, though, based on the Overtons site :



Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal - Overton's



the table has 3 heights - Three air-powered height adjustments: 12-3/4", 20", 28".



so, my question is, do you, or anyone here, know if these align with the 21' bed/cushion height, like they do with the 19' ?



Or, are they the same ?

Maybe the description on the overton's site is a little confusing? If you unlock only one of the levers and let that section fully extend, you'll have the middle height. If you unlock the other lever and let it fully extend, you'll have the maximum height. If you pushed it all the way down it can collapse to the lowest height - but, the rails for the table edge actually stop it from going all the way down, so you get the exact height of the bench rails by simply pushing it down until it makes contact, then locking the levers.

The other thing is that you can lock it at any height in between that you like, by simply extending/collapsing it to that height and locking it. Each stage doesn't have to fully extend.

As for a 21 vs a 19, both of their original tables are the same height, and both of their dinette bench rails (for making it into a bed) are the same height.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 366
4-way slide

I asked ETI to install the pedestal..because of space I had to go back and order the 4-way slide from Ricor. I had ordered the pedestal from Helm Chair. Knowing what I know now I would order the set from Ricor. It works very well.

Dick
__________________

__________________
2015 Escape 5 TA
2016 Ford F-150
captmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmath View Post
I asked ETI to install the pedestal..because of space I had to go back and order the 4-way slide from Ricor. I had ordered the pedestal from Helm Chair. Knowing what I know now I would order the set from Ricor. It works very well.

Dick
OK I think you meant Dicor? I just looked at the website and that table and pedestal is what I want. Did you purchase direct and send to ETI or?
Thanks
Hugh
__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 366
Dicor--correct. At ETI's suggestion, I had the table sent to me and I brought it with me. Dropped it off the day before and they installed during orientation. There was some question because the seats in 5.0.2 are 4" higher off the floor than the classic--because of the raised floor in the classic. I had to do a little modification when I put on the slide to make the table high enough and still go low enough to make the bed platform. One nice thing: The ETI stock table did not come with slide locks and the 4-way has 3.

Dick
__________________
2015 Escape 5 TA
2016 Ford F-150
captmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmath View Post
Dicor--correct. At ETI's suggestion, I had the table sent to me and I brought it with me. Dropped it off the day before and they installed during orientation. There was some question because the seats in 5.0.2 are 4" higher off the floor than the classic--because of the raised floor in the classic. I had to do a little modification when I put on the slide to make the table high enough and still go low enough to make the bed platform. One nice thing: The ETI stock table did not come with slide locks and the 4-way has 3.

Dick
That is great info. Did ETI give you any credit for not using the standard setup? Do you think it would work in a 19? converting to bed would not be an issue.
__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
That is great info. Did ETI give you any credit for not using the standard setup? Do you think it would work in a 19? converting to bed would not be an issue.
Also can I ask what the table and pedestal combo from Dicor cost?
Thanks
__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:23 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
Also can I ask what the table and pedestal combo from Dicor cost?
Thanks
Here's one answer:
Can't wait for Escape 19!
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 366
I do not know. The slide alone was $135. The pedestal was $283 from Llebroc industries.
I used the Dicor contact button to ask about the slide and they got right back to me.
__________________
2015 Escape 5 TA
2016 Ford F-150
captmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
That is great info. Did ETI give you any credit for not using the standard setup? Do you think it would work in a 19? converting to bed would not be an issue.
Reace did not charge me any extra to use my pedestal. I do not know how the 19 is set up. You might not need the 4-way if the ETI stock slide gives enough room to get to the seats. Check with them to see. I think someone else used this (or similar) pedestal.

Dick
__________________
2015 Escape 5 TA
2016 Ford F-150
captmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmath View Post
Reace did not charge me any extra to use my pedestal. I do not know how the 19 is set up. You might not need the 4-way if the ETI stock slide gives enough room to get to the seats. Check with them to see. I think someone else used this (or similar) pedestal.

Dick
I think the 4-way slide with locks would be awesome. Will follow up.
__________________

__________________
Hugh
hughharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.