SpringField Marine Pedestal - and a few more mods - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #121
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnelson View Post
we bought the springfield and will have installed at orientation...from your description i get the idea that the Dicor is not really necessary...agree??
The Dicor features a 4-way slide of the table, which is a really nice fauture. Many folks like that. It's pedestal is different however, in that it has detents which set the height, rather than having the height be adjustable you whatever you want. One other thing I like about the Springfield is that you can rotate the table as well as slide it. Some have combined the Dicor 4-way slide with the Springfield pedestal so they can have the best of both worlds.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #122

Trailer: Escape 19, Escape 23 on order
Quote:
we bought the springfield and will have installed at orientation...from your description i get the idea that the Dicor is not really necessary...agree??
I've not seen the Dicor in person. My impression is that it's easier to use, as there is a single lever to lower/raise is just below the table level rather than the Springfield setup involving two collar clamps to be adjusted, at mid height levels on the pedestal.

With that said, the Springfield is good quality, and I'm happy with the purchase. I installed it right before my last trip, and it worked fine. It *could* be a bit more stable I suppose, but it's a table in a travel trailer, not a drafting table in my home, so I'm fine with that.

The Springfield can be locked at any height, I believe folks on the forum stated that the Dicor had only a couple detent positions that could be used.

Springfield cost me $308 to my door, and I reused the Escape original slide design.
I was quoted $245 for the Dicor pedestal, and $135 for the 4 way slide. IIRC, shipping from Dicor was more expensive.
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #123

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Agree the Dicor slide isn't necessary. It does slide 4 ways and is much better made, but with its expanded range of motion you need to watch banging the table into the corners of the fridge & stove walls. Have put some pipe insulation there for insurance.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #124

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
My order has the following text:
94059 Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal Silver

I bought it for the explicit purpose of being able to quickly go from dinette to bed, and back. For that purpose it works very well. I don't know the nature of your 3" higher request. If it's just the seats being raised, no problem, the whole table will just come to rest in a higher position than it would normally.

I'd suggest having ETI install it, rather than during pickup. It's relatively easy to install, but I believe ETI has installed it for other people. Also, if for whatever reason they install the original post design, then you install the Springfield, you'll be left with some screw holes in the floor. Only a cosmetic concern, but no reason to have to deal with it.

Thanks for the information, Smeagol. I want to be sure to purchase the correct model that will fit. Cheers!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #125

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
This morning I got a coupon email from Overtons - most things can be had for 20% off.

the coupon code is MEMORIAL and it DID work on the Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal Silver
Item #94059

this coupon code only works to 11.59 PM ET on Tuesday May 10th 2016.

The final price, of the (cheaper than black) silver one, delivered, was $256.

I'm hoping that it goes low enough for the 3" (stock, not an option, must be this way) raised floor of the 2017 21'

I seem to recall that it will. Anyone with a current 21' care to confirm?
Clarification needed, is the floor of the 2017 21 raised?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #126
Site Team

I guess I'm not understanding why a raised floor is a concern with the Springfield pedestal. If the dinette floor is raised, then the benches are raised a corresponding amount as well. That means the rails the tabletop sits in when lowered are exactly the same height above the floor as they are without a raised floor. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #127

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I guess I'm not understanding why a raised floor is a concern with the Springfield pedestal. If the dinette floor is raised, then the benches are raised a corresponding amount as well. That means the rails the tabletop sits in when lowered are exactly the same height above the floor as they are without a raised floor. What am I missing?

The seats won't be raised, as they are already too high in relation to the floor height. This is why some folks have added the raised floor either themselves or had Escape do it.

But you are absolutely correct in that there is no issue with the Springfield pedestal working with the 2017 models. Heck, I bought one to use with my Dicor slide.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:02 PM   #128
Site Team

Thanks Jim. I forgot that we were talking about a 21. In that case I'd say that as long as the rail tops are at least 12 3/4" above the floor, the Springfield will work fine, since that's its lowest setting.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
The seats won't be raised, as they are already too high in relation to the floor height. This is why some folks have added the raised floor either themselves or had Escape do it.

But you are absolutely correct in that there is no issue with the Springfield pedestal working with the 2017 models. Heck, I bought one to use with my Dicor slide.
I just want to know if there is a step up. Like something for me to trip over without the table there
Old 05-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I just want to know if there is a step up. Like something for me to trip over without the table there
Ginger, there will be a 3" step up. I don't see it being a tripping hazard at all, as you are only sliding in to the table there, or if no table just making stepping in. Should you trip, there is a lot of cushioning there.

I seriously see no concern. Besides, it is a done deal anyway.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #131

Quote:
Ginger, there will be a 3" step up. I don't see it being a tripping hazard at all, as you are only sliding in to the table there, or if no table just making stepping in. Should you trip, there is a lot of cushioning there.

I seriously see no concern. Besides, it is a done deal anyway.
Yea,you're right but you've never seen me fall. It's not pretty.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #132

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ginger, I hear you. Any raised floor whether it is in a house, store, building, or a trailer is a fall risk and shouldn't be taken lightly. After caring for three elderly parents and navigating care facilities we've learned a lot about the seriousness of falls and how to evaluate risk. Even though there are cushions in the dinette area, there is a lot of wood and hard edges that could cause injury. No fall is a good fall.

Possible solutions might be to make a small triangular ramp that would fit up against the raised floor and make it potentially easier to navigate the area and give it a gentler rise.

My MIL just returned to her nursing home from a fall with sutures and a concussion. They have her dressed in Sumo Pads to try and prevent re-injuring herself. While I wouldn't recommend going camping in Sumo Pads, I guess if I could keep going out in the trailer a few years longer I might try it.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #133

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Ginger, I hear you. Any raised floor whether it is in a house, store, building, or a trailer is a fall risk and shouldn't be taken lightly. After caring for three elderly parents and navigating care facilities we've learned a lot about the seriousness of falls and how to evaluate risk. Even though there are cushions in the dinette area, there is a lot of wood and hard edges that could cause injury. No fall is a good fall.

Possible solutions might be to make a small triangular ramp that would fit up against the raised floor and make it potentially easier to navigate the area and give it a gentler rise.

My MIL just returned to her nursing home from a fall with sutures and a concussion. They have her dressed in Sumo Pads to try and prevent re-injuring herself. While I wouldn't recommend going camping in Sumo Pads, I guess if I could keep going out in the trailer a few years longer I might try it.
Now I have to see that ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #134

We just got photos from my wife's sister, of her 88 yo father who had a fall. Major gash requiring stitches, and a few days later his whole head is now purple and yellow. I guess the blood thinners aided in that.

My mom had a fall a few years ago, climbing down from the second to the first step on a step ladder. This is when she found out her bones were fragile as a china doll, and ended up with a lot of steel in her lower leg.

Falls with elderly people account for many millions of dollars every year.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #135

Quote:
We just got photos from my wife's sister, of her 88 yo father who had a fall. Major gash requiring stitches, and a few days later his whole head is now purple and yellow. I guess the blood thinners aided in that.

My mom had a fall a few years ago, climbing down from the second to the first step on a step ladder. This is when she found out her bones were fragile as a china doll, and ended up with a lot of steel in her lower leg.

Falls with elderly people account for many millions of dollars every year.
I'm not accepting elderly yet, I just don't remember sometimes. Our table will be up most of time. I just didn't know about the step up. Probably will be a lot of things I don't know about.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I'm not accepting elderly yet, I just don't remember sometimes.
I certainly hope that is not an indication of being elderly, or I will have to grow up real fast, as my remembry does not always work so good either.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #137

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
so.... my Springfield pedistal arrives later this week. very excited.

i am also likely going to buy the Dicor 4 way slide, and do the mod to it.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #138

a few more mods

finished my shelf with a little help from Chris R, Decided to go with teak after all . Had to do it the poor man's way . bought a shower mat on sale , took it apart and glued the boards together .Teak is pricey . Something I have wanted to do since we got trailer . One more down .
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0001 2.jpg   DSC_0002 2.jpg  
Old 05-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #139

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nice work, Pat! Really like the teak and it's a great wet area wood.
We have the 3M Bath soapdish and shampoo holder under the sink in almost the exact location as yours.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:54 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Nice work, Pat! Really like the teak and it's a great wet area wood.
We have the 3M Bath soapdish and shampoo holder under the sink in almost the exact location as yours.
Thanks Gregg . Like minds think alike . Pat