Storage box -- pros and cons - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #31

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Our 19 does not have the storage box and we haven't felt the need for it. Like Jim says, we have plenty of storage between the tow and the trailer.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #32

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I hadn't thought about the balancing. Are there any negatives to putting the 6V batteries into the dinette storage?

Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #33

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
I hadn't thought about the balancing. Are there any negatives to putting the 6V batteries into the dinette storage?
Batteries are in a sealed plastic box in the front dinette (passenger side) and are vented to the outside, so are installed with consideration to safety. Biggest disadvantage of the batteries inside the dinette is that front storage space is reduced for things like blankets and pillows that would normally be used when the dinette and/or front bunks are set up for sleeping.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Having no storage box, that is where mine are. As mentioned before, even if or when I do get a storage box, I will be real glad to have them under the dinette. I find accessing under the dinette seats the most difficult storage place to get too any way, whereas the storage box space would be more valuable for storing other stuff. I do keep my outside stove beside the batteries in the dinette seat, and shoes in the access door at the end. The other side of the dinette stores my BBQ and hoses, vacuum and lesser used trailer stuff (like a piece of coax cable, used once in 4+ years)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #35

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I agrtee Jim, our 6volts are in the storage box and I plan to re-locate them to the awning side dinnete seat area, this area is very difficult to access as we have the dinnete as a bed all the time, even with the door on the end it is difficult to get to anything that is not right at the door area. The extra room in the exterior storage box will be pleasant as well,
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 15B
We did not include the optional storage box on our new 15B. Instead, we purchased two storage containers that fit well in the back of our Jeep Liberty and include the "outdoor" items that people have mentioned. We're trying hard NOT to add more and more items and have a need for a rear storage shelf or storage on the top of the TV. So far we've been successful.
JimJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #37

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
From a balance point of view, putting massive objects closer to the middle of the trailer is better for stability. If you end up with the same tongue weight and the batteries are not on the tongue or bumper anymore, the trailer is probably more stable.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #38

In thinking about the storage box and the front dinette I'm trying to understand which parts of the trailer have access from the outside. Do all the trailers have access to the front dinette on the passenger side or is this the option "cabinet door at end of bench?" And are there any other places which can be accessed from outside?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #39
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
There is no access to dinette storage from the outside, the dinette cabinet door option is a door which you can reach in thru your open trailer door and access under the dinette without having to disturb the cushions.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #40

Is it a big deal to move the cushions?