Table pedestal -- is it worth it? - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #281

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Interesting. We've had zero issues, but then again we don't use ours as much as you do Jim.

Maybe the Lagun mount?
So, you find no tilting away from the joint in the pedestal legs? I know someone else (I forget who) on here mentioned the same issue.

With the Lagun, I worry about the strength of it with a full sized (for the U-shaped) table, and it being a full cantilever. We do not want to give up this sized table. On Thanksgiving weekend we had four of us at the table for a couple breakfasts when the weather was crappy.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #282

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
One of the reasons I cut 10in off the table . No more tilting to one side . It works better with a square table . We use it everyday to put dog pen up for the night for our 3 Shih tzu dogs. Also allows getting in dinette easier . Last camping trip 3 of us sat nicely for dinner . 4 still would of fit .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #283

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
After a years of using my Springfield pedestal, I am a bit disenchanted with it. It tips away from the front side where the compression latches (for lack of a better term) are. I have tightened up these latches to be as firm as possible, yet not so tight that my wife can't operate them.

The pedestal seems quite sturdy, yet slopes a far bit to the rear of the trailer. It also works great as intended for raising and lowering the table.

I will try playing with it some more over the winter, but if I can't improve on it, will be looking for another solution.
First time I've heard of any issues with these pedestals. Do you think this leaning has anything to do with the size or placement of the tabletop as Pat & Linda have suggested?

I'd much prefer to have a table that can be moved out of the way to create the lounging area for Saturday night movies or rainy day lay-about afternoons. The Snap2 is fantastic for this type of removal, but it's a little on the heavy side, especially after you attach the tabletop, and getting through a doorway to get outside is a little tricky, without banging on the door frame.
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
First time I've heard of any issues with these pedestals. Do you think this leaning has anything to do with the size or placement of the tabletop as Pat & Linda have suggested?

I'd much prefer to have a table that can be moved out of the way to create the lounging area for Saturday night movies or rainy day lay-about afternoons. The Snap2 is fantastic for this type of removal, but it's a little on the heavy side, especially after you attach the tabletop, and getting through a doorway to get outside is a little tricky, without banging on the door frame.
For us it wasn't a big deal . Actually found out about improving the little tilt after cutting table down because of being hard to get into dinette . That was the original reason for cutting down the table . Pat
Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #285

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Works just fine, drops right into place. It does take a little force to make it go down.
Ditto, but it lowers right down to the bed stops, just ask our lab! When you add in the Dicor sliding base, it really does make the U dinette easier for folks to get in and out of with variable height.
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
Ditto, but it lowers right down to the bed stops, just ask our lab! When you add in the Dicor sliding base, it really does make the U dinette easier for folks to get in and out of with variable height.
Last time I checked, you couldn't get the Dicor any more. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that they are produced in Italy and there wasn't enough sales to continue the import. Nice product. I suspect the marine product line could provide an alternative.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #287

Quote:
Last time I checked, you couldn't get the Dicor any more. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that they are produced in Italy and there wasn't enough sales to continue the import. Nice product. I suspect the marine product line could provide an alternative.
I still added Escape's slider and cutting table down allows the whole table to turn around if needed . Pat
Old 10-16-2017, 12:30 PM   #288

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
So, you find no tilting away from the joint in the pedestal legs? I know someone else (I forget who) on here mentioned the same issue.
I had the same observation. The effect was small enough that I could have dealt with it, but it was noticeable.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #289

Trailer: Escape 1721
Quote:
The pedestal seems quite sturdy, yet slopes a far bit to the rear of the trailer.
We ran into the same problem. I wondered if the trailer floor wasn't level. To correct the slant, I inserted large washers between the metal pedestal top plate and the table. New (longer) screws were needed, but the table is now level. We use the table as a work desk, so it gets a fair bit of use with monitors, keyboards, and such.
rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #290

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
My table was the same, tilted side to side, away from the clamps. Turned the leg so it now tilts front to back and went down to a 24" table. Can't see it now so I'm good.

I have shims if needed.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #291

Trailer: 2017 F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveoakal View Post
Hey Little Richie,
I ordered the 94059 Springfield 3-stage air powered table pedestal from Overtons. I thing that it is the same as the 1660230 with the lower minimum height that I see on Amazon.

The clamps can be adjusted with regard to pressure. I simply have mine adjusted loose enough to allow the top to rotate. We never lower it to the bed position. But if we wanted, a simple tightening of the top clamp would allow the top to be lowered and safely clamped in the lowest position.

Hope this helps.
Happy trails,
Allan
I ordered the one that had the lowest drop to be sure it would allow for the bed. It did, but the other may have worked. We, like you anticipated little.use as a bed, but we have since noted the ability to use the dinette as a couch.

As to rotating the table, I found that I did not ask the right question. It will not rotate in place, but if you release one of the bands on the pedestal you can rotate the top.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #292

what are the dimensions?

I've been looking and I can't find the dimensions for the space that the table fits into for the 5.0TA with a U-shaped dinette? Specifically, not the stock table but the size of the area that the table fits into to make up the bed.

What I'm wondering is if the table is square with the corners clipped at 3", what would be the size of the square and what would be the size of the spacer to complete the bed arrangement?
Old 10-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #293

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We started with two ETI filler boards- maybe 10" each. Finally after seeing a Springfield we wanted a table. LSS: 23" depth for us works perfect for both a lounge and bed. Remember you also have the rear bench under back window to complete the total width for the bed. Ditched the boards but still use the cushions. That way the back cushions remain in place for more insulation. Will also use those filler cushions for extra back support when eating.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #294

Trailer: 2017 F250
Quote:
I've been looking and I can't find the dimensions for the space that the table fits into for the 5.0TA with a U-shaped dinette? Specifically, not the stock table but the size of the area that the table fits into to make up the bed.

What I'm wondering is if the table is square with the corners clipped at 3", what would be the size of the square and what would be the size of the spacer to complete the bed arrangement?
We used the table top that came with the 5.0TA and Escape staff installed it. It seems to be designed to fit perfectly for the bed. You can reduce the size of the top, but you will need a “spacer”. (At least one other owner out on the web has indicated that it worked for them.) I regret that I cannot measure and photograph my camper as it is a bit of a drive to its storage location. I will try to remember it next time I am up that way.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:25 AM   #295

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Could this possibly be the right one, at this price? I think the number matches, and it says Springfield. https://f25.com/adjustable-tabletop-...p=1&nocat=0&g=
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #296

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
springfield table

yes thats the one we have its a bargain if its true ? We paid $270 for ours .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #297
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Could this possibly be the right one, at this price? I think the number matches, and it says Springfield. https://f25.com/adjustable-tabletop-...p=1&nocat=0&g=
It is the correct model (1660230) but if they are selling it for half what all the other sites do, it sounds very suspicious. I've seen alot of online retailer scams, just saying. Their price is below cost.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #298

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
That was my concern. I'll do some digging.

on edit: About Us says established in 2004 as the online store for CIS markets (Commonwealth of Independent States, former Soviet Union) This particular company established in 2016. 51 business reviews, all in the last 4 months. All 5 star except 1 at 4 star. Some of the language/syntax on the website is awkward. Warehouses in Japan, Russia, Thailand, USA, Taiwan. With shipping, it would be US $202.50. No further product info on the item page such as weight, length of stops/adjustment, etc.

IMO not enough savings to make the potential headache worth it.
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #299

Trailer: 2018 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
That was my concern. I'll do some digging.

on edit: About Us says established in 2004 as the online store for CIS markets (Commonwealth of Independent States, former Soviet Union) This particular company established in 2016. 51 business reviews, all in the last 4 months. All 5 star except 1 at 4 star. Some of the language/syntax on the website is awkward. Warehouses in Japan, Russia, Thailand, USA, Taiwan. With shipping, it would be US $202.50. No further product info on the item page such as weight, length of stops/adjustment, etc.

IMO not enough savings to make the potential headache worth it.
Got mine from there. Paid 230$ cad in total (US $175.05). Was ship from Vladivostok on the 24th, got here on December 6th. In the original Springfield box.
CharlieChagrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:20 AM   #300

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
I stayed away from that site and partspurveyor.com which had a good price also but both seemed too risky to me. I like to see solid long term reseller ratings.

I ordered from overtons for 351 shipped and it arrived today in excellent shape. Guess I overpaid though. If it holds up and does the job for years to come I'll be happy anyway.

Good to hear about the other options. For that price its almost worth ordering a spare.
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote