Table pedestal -- is it worth it? - Page 16 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #151
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Barry . We ordered from Overton's marine supply . It is Sringflied 3stage air powered table pedestal . They have 10-15 off a lot .Shipping is free . Pat
Forgot yes Many have had Escape install their pedestal for them . Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #152
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: Casita 17' (sold) .... 2017-21' Escape forthcoming !!!
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I remember you mentioning this before Robert, but not sure where you got that, as I hadn't heard it. I have one and it is definitely round.

My only have one concern with (the Dicor Cosmo ), and that is that it has 3 set stops in height. With this the only issue is that it matches the bed height when dropped. I forget what this height is and am on my phone so can't check, but if that works, it will be a great pedestal.

I am stoked to use the 4-way slide. That should work great.
So I dutifully read all 16 pages of this meandering thread

so this "3 set stops" issue with the Dicor Cosmo seems like a big deal to me....

How is this overcome? We would like to be able to easily switch between dining and sleeping.

Note - we are NOT getting the u-shaped-dinette.
2017 21' on order

and

i also see conflicting info about ordering direct from the manufacturer 'Dicor Cosmo'

anyone else had good or bad luck with ordering direct, lately?

bummer about having to pay $$$$ duty and UPS fees going into Canada... such a scam.

thanks.
__________________

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #153
Senior Member
 
Jill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sacramento area, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Posts: 269
We have the Springfield Marine pedestal (pneumatic) on our 21 with the standard dinette. And I'm sure glad we got it. We took it up with us when we picked up the trailer and Escape installed it at no charge. It's really easy to adjust up or down as needed and very stable as a table when in the up position. I'm not seeing the benefits of the Dicor so would recommend the Springfield instead. Sign up to get emails from Overton and eventually they will have a 20% sale so get it then.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #154
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
We have the Springfield Marine pedestal (pneumatic) on our 21 with the standard dinette. And I'm sure glad we got it. We took it up with us when we picked up the trailer and Escape installed it at no charge. It's really easy to adjust up or down as needed and very stable as a table when in the up position. I'm not seeing the benefits of the Dicor so would recommend the Springfield instead. Sign up to get emails from Overton and eventually they will have a 20% sale so get it then.
What I have been trying to say without stepping on toe 's We got the 20 % off when we ordered and also love it . No detents , has lots of adjustments up and down . Another vote I can safely now make . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #155
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
so this "3 set stops" issue with the Dicor Cosmo seems like a big deal to me....

How is this overcome? We would like to be able to easily switch between dining and sleeping.

Note - we are NOT getting the u-shaped-dinette.
2017 21' on order

and

i also see conflicting info about ordering direct from the manufacturer 'Dicor Cosmo'

anyone else had good or bad luck with ordering direct, lately?

bummer about having to pay $$$$ duty and UPS fees going into Canada... such a scam.

thanks.
Nothing you can really do about the 3 detents, short of major surgery. I do wish that Dicor had of given these details ahead of time. It is a very well built pedestal though, quality through and through. But if it won't work, it won't work. I had to find out the hard way.

But as mentioned here, the 4-way slide is going to work great. I see it on another pedestal like the Springfield to be an ultimate combination. You can then push the table right out of the way when not using it.

I had no issue at all with ordering myself, however did not get the responses I wanted from the folks I dealt with. I just don't think they were well educated on just what the product was, and how it functioned.

Our issue here in Canada, is not duty, we don't pay that, it is the ridiculous brokerage fees that companies like UPS charges, which can easily be 1/3 the cost of the item. A total rip-off. If shipping with USPS they charge a simple #10 flat rate, which seem way more fair for a minutes paperwork.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26)
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #156
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
What I have been trying to say without stepping on toe 's We got the 20 % off when we ordered and also love it . No detents , has lots of adjustments up and down . Another vote I can safely now make . Pat
Most important free shipping which adds to your savings . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #157
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Osos, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Posts: 1,846
Springfield arriving tomorrow and will use the stock ETI slide, then compare it with the Dicor when it ships later this month.

Ordering over the phone with Overton's was night & day different from Dicor. It is clear to me their primary customers are OEM's like Escape - who buys their shades from them. They don't seem to be set up for adequately dealing with end-users.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #158
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Springfield arriving tomorrow and will use the stock ETI slide, then compare it with the Dicor when it ships later this month.

Ordering over the phone with Overton's was night & day different from Dicor. It is clear to me their primary customers are OEM's like Escape - who buys their shades from them. They don't seem to be set up for adequately dealing with end-users.
I am quite confident that your combination will work great, Ross. I look forward to hearing your assessment once you have it set up.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26)
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #159
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: Casita 17' (sold) .... 2017-21' Escape forthcoming !!!
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveoakal View Post
I purchased the Springfield pedestal from Overtons recently. I am quite pleased with it. Retailmenot.com provided a 10 percent savings code. Try "FAT5OFF" when you order online.
I am searching this thread for the exact model of the Springfield marine pedestal.

They make many

Does anyone have an exact model that will work well in a 21' with No u shaped dinette?

Thanks
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #160
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 1,390
Is it this one at overtones?
Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal - Overton's
__________________

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.