Table pedestal -- is it worth it? - Page 16 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #301

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by currinh View Post
Who with a "marine pedestal" will be at the Customer Appreciation Rally in Osoyoos? I'd sure like to see one, or several, work. Our table arrangement is nice but if we start setting up the dinette bed more a pedestal would be nice.

If several are it may tip the scales and convince us to attend.

Thanks.
I have a 2018 Escape 19' on order that will be completed on January 31/18 and which I will pick up on March 19/18. I have ordered the Springfield Table Pedestal and ESI will be installing it at our Orientation. I will be attending the customer appreciation rally in Osoyoos and would be pleased to show it to you.
Sawdusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:10 PM   #302

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
We have a Springfield pedestal in our 2017 19er and will be at the rally in Osoyoos. You’d be welcome to take a look-see.

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #303

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Springfield pedestal

I just installed it in our 17B and the table is much more stable and an easy project.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #304

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Where do you get the Springfield pedestal in Canada?
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #305

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Where do you get the Springfield pedestal in Canada?
By ordering from the US. I looked long and hard, and did find one marine supplier but even with the higher cost of shipping, as well as exchange, it was still cheaper from Overton's in the US, who had a sale on it at the time.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #306

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Table pedestal

Since I placed my order for a "19" in October, I have been haunting the forum for ideas. It would seem that the table is far and away the biggest weakness in the Escape product line. After a lot of research, I think I have come up with a reasonable solution.
Rather than going to the 3 stage pedestal, which is very expensive, I am planning to install a Springfield Threadloc table base #369001-AL. Into this I will screw a Springfield Threadloc post #3691028-L, and then cap it off with a Springfield Trackloc III #3100531-1 swivel slide seat base.

This will give me a single post table mount with a lockable swivel top, and a lateral slide of 5 1/2" either side of center. All for about $250. Springfield assures me that it will be rugged enough for the purpose.

If it works, I will be a happy camper. If not, I will have a wonderful patio table, and it will be back to the drawing board. I will report back after I have received the parts and done some testing.

See you in the spring!
Robert Best
R.Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #307

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Robert,
I see this is your first post here, you may want to update your avatar to show E19 ordered. And keep us posted, I'll try to post the links for you.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #308

try these
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Spring...APMCS1&PC=APMC
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Spring...APMCS1&PC=APMC
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/sprin...kage--17073719
Old 12-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #309

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best View Post
Since I placed my order for a "19" in October, I have been haunting the forum for ideas. It would seem that the table is far and away the biggest weakness in the Escape product line. After a lot of research, I think I have come up with a reasonable solution.
Rather than going to the 3 stage pedestal, which is very expensive, I am planning to install a Springfield Threadloc table base #369001-AL. Into this I will screw a Springfield Threadloc post #3691028-L, and then cap it off with a Springfield Trackloc III #3100531-1 swivel slide seat base.

This will give me a single post table mount with a lockable swivel top, and a lateral slide of 5 1/2" either side of center. All for about $250. Springfield assures me that it will be rugged enough for the purpose.

If it works, I will be a happy camper. If not, I will have a wonderful patio table, and it will be back to the drawing board. I will report back after I have received the parts and done some testing.

See you in the spring!
Robert Best
Hi: Best... Seems expensive to me. I just use the double one supplied with the trailer and push down as hard as I can to make it solid. "0" cost too. All trailers that use this method have the same issues!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #310

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have the Springfield 3 stage pedestal .
Considering the cost and what it accomplishes , I doubt we would purchase it again .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #311

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Welcome Robert and sounds like you have a plan.
If that doesn’t work you can always try out what I call the Cheapfield. It is as strong as you can mount it to the floor and top. Post # 33 http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8/modifications-to-eggscape-12918-4.html#post268654

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #312

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We have the Springfield 3 stage pedestal .
Considering the cost and what it accomplishes , I doubt we would purchase it again .
Steve we have the Springflield 3 Stage pedestal now for couple years . Thank goodness we have it. Every night when we are camping in our 19 , the tables must go down and make into platform for our little dogs ,nylon play pen . Before what a pain in the a... removing the poles and making the bed. Scraped my knees , scratched the ply . Would never consider being without the Springflield. One of the great improvements to our trailer . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #313

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Steve we have the Springflield 3 Stage pedestal now for couple years . Thank goodness we have it. Every night when we are camping in our 19 , the tables must go down and make into platform for our little dogs ,nylon play pen . Before what a pain in the a... removing the poles and making the bed. Scraped my knees , scratched the ply . Would never consider being without the Springflield. One of the great improvements to our trailer . Pat
I am glad you are happy as others are with the Springfield table pedestal .
The only time we lower our table is when we are traveling otherwise it is in the up position so it's not a major factor for us .
To be honest , there are numerous other options on our present 21 that also have not yielded the benefits we expected and we would not purchase again .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #314

If nothing, I like the Springfield for the stability over the stock pedestals. We don't lower the table a lot, never in transport unless it happened to be in that position.

I think in the future we will lower it more, as lounging on those miserable weather nights might be better, whether reading or watching TV.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #315

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I am glad you are happy as others are with the Springfield table pedestal .
The only time we lower our table is when we are traveling otherwise it is in the up position so it's not a major factor for us .
To be honest , there are numerous other options on our present 21 that also have not yielded the benefits we expected and we would not purchase again .
I hear you Steve , that's ok . But we like the Springflield a lot . I did also cut the table down a little , it is more balanced on the Springflield. Only the sides were not cut in width so it will still make into a bed . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #316

Why do you lower your table in travel mode? I do not do that with the stock table, why is the Springfield different?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:16 AM   #317

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
Very pleased with the springfield table mount so far. We use the dinette for a bed each night and it is nice not having pull/store the stock legs. However, the main reason I opted for it is that I have had a similar setup to the stock legs in a bigfoot camper and it had too much play. The springfield is very solid but the stock slider is a different story and we will replace that sometime in the future.

I also lower the table before traveling out of an abundance of caution. If I have to make an abrupt lane change or similar maneuver I don't want the added stress of the table top traveling down to the floor or risk the plastic slider failing.

The best RV table system I have ever had was in our lazy daze. It was stable and easy to move out of the way. It attached to the wall and had a single leg on the other end. It could be raised up and secured to the overhead cabinet when sleeping or to free up legroom. A similar setup could probably be designed for the escapes that don't have the u-shaped dinette.
Attached Thumbnails
lg16.jpg  
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:47 AM   #318

Trailer: None now
We also travel with the table lowered. Since I cannot put a lot of stuff in the truck due to weight limits I tend to store the larger bulky items like chairs and such in that area while traveling. And for the occasional night where needed the ability to quietly lower the table in the dark and spread out a sleeping bag is nice.
The original table setup was a problem for me when I was lowering it so the simple flip two levers and push to lower the table is really appreciated.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:59 AM   #319

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
I received my Springfield mount yesterday from West Marine. I bought this on a black Friday deal, really glad it worked out. I played with the pole a bit and it does seem very well built. Time will tell if this was a good purchase or not. No matter what the Springfield will be a much better choice than the stock chrome poles.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #320

With the Springfield you do have to tighten the cam locks as tight as you can yet still be able to work them. This stabilizes the leg very nicely.