Table pedestal -- is it worth it? - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #161

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
That's it, they also offer it in sliver anodized finish.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:20 PM   #162

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
What was that code again for $30 or $50 savings?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:42 PM   #163

Jim- not seeing the same one now on their website when opening it. I would call them and ask for the Save50 Promo. If not, then sign up for their promo listings- it's bound to come around again in some form or another, whether it be 15% off(same thing on this item) or $50 off.

Am looking forward to doing the hybrid Springfield pedestal/Dicor slide combo; will report back when it's in.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #164

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Jim- not seeing the same one now on their website when opening it. I would call them and ask for the Save50 Promo. If not, then sign up for their promo listings- it's bound to come around again in some form or another, whether it be 15% off(same thing on this item) or $50 off.

Am looking forward to doing the hybrid Springfield pedestal/Dicor slide combo; will report back when it's in.
I think I missed that detail on this thread

How is this mix and match possible?

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #165

By cutting down one side of the Springfield 12 X 12" pedestal top to 6.5" I believe to fit the Dicor slide width dimension. The slide is sold separately.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:46 AM   #166

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
That is it . Comes in 2 finishes . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I think I missed that detail on this thread

How is this mix and match possible?

Just received the Dicor 4-way slide today. Making it fit to the Springfield was fairly simple. The Springfield has a 12 X 12" top plate, whereas the Dicor is 6.5 X 8". Just take 2" off each side of the Springfield and it fits. Since the top plate is aluminum you can use a Skill saw to cut it. A grinder with medium grit sandpaper to take the rough edges off is nice, but that edge is hidden.

If you do this make sure you line your table top up before choosing which side to cut down. Once I did that I drew an arrow with a pencil so I wouldn't forget.

The first photo shows the Spingfield platform with a pencil line in the front.
Second shot shows the L-metal of the slider upside down; used it to trace my line.
The last photo shows the clamps; they are facing the front of the trailer for easiest access to operate. Had a little scare when the top clamp wouldn't open enough due to the frame of the slider. Loosening the nut slightly did the trick and it clamps down enough to hold it in down position.

The wide frame underneath makes the table feel solid with no wobble at all.
Attached Thumbnails
20160419_154211[1].jpg   20160419_161324[1].jpg   20160419_170339[1].jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #168

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Ross, thanks for all your pioneering work on this. How is the quality of the Dicor? Is it smooth and quiet in operation?
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #169

BTW- Leave the pedestal plate on. Removing it will make it loose thh pneumatic pressure.

The slider is great; the slide is on nylon rollers so there is some resistance, which is probably a good thing.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #170

It looks good, Ross. I never realized the Springfield was had an aluminium top. The Dicor is steel.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #171

Lucky me Jim as I'm only a semi-woodchuck....steel- fuggitaboutit
Attached Thumbnails
20160419_175548[1].jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 08:45 PM   #172

To clue you all in on where I am with my Dicor pedestal and slide (other than Ross, who has been going back and forth with me on this), the pedestal is going back to Dicor, and the slide I am definitely keeping. The have agreed to refund me the money for the pedestal, plus the cost of shipping. I will have to cover the return cost of shipping, though not sure what that is as it is going out tomorrow.

They had made no mention that it was limited to the 3 detents on their website. That was not the kicker, I could have easily lived with that. It was more the fact that the lowest it would go was 14.75", which would have resulted in a higher seat height than I would have been comfortable with.

The pedestal was very well built, it just did not work for me. I will likely snap up a Springfield over the next few months to use in the stead.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #173
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Table pedestal -- is it worth it?

The Springfield pedestal with the Dicor 4 way slide will be a really nice setup. Any height you want, a 4 way slide, and you can rotate it. Can't get more versatile than that. Except for maybe a quick detach floor fitting.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Except for maybe a quick detach floor fitting.....
You mean like that sleeved flange I am thinking about making, that the base of the pedestal would slide in to? I am still scheming on a plan for the easy removal of the slide from the pedestal though, and if I don't blow too many brain cells in the process, should be able to device some sort of plan.

Some might think I am crazy.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:08 PM   #175
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You mean like that sleeved flange I am thinking about making, that the base of the pedestal would slide in to? I am still scheming on a plan for the easy removal of the slide from the pedestal though, and if I don't blow too many brain cells in the process, should be able to device some sort of plan.

Some might think I am crazy.
Yeah, something like that. What would make it tough to modify the base though, is that it's sealed. Breach the seal and it's no longer pneumatic. Kill a few brain cells figuring it out. I'll politely watch, and perchance steal your ideas....
Old 04-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #176

It does go low enough for the bed rails on a raised floor, but you need to orient the clamps to the side to be able to open the top one easily.

BTW- for those wanting to use a smaller table as we did- 23" front to rear is the smallest you can go with the Dicor slider.
Attached Thumbnails
20160419_192845[1].jpg   20160419_195747[1].jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 11:03 PM   #177

Quote:
Just received the Dicor 4-way slide today. Making it fit to the Springfield was fairly simple. The Springfield has a 12 X 12" top plate, whereas the Dicor is 6.5 X 8". Just take 2" off each side of the Springfield and it fits. Since the top plate is aluminum you can use a Skill saw to cut it. A grinder with medium grit sandpaper to take the rough edges off is nice, but that edge is hidden.

If you do this make sure you line your table top up before choosing which side to cut down. Once I did that I drew an arrow with a pencil so I wouldn't forget.

The first photo shows the Spingfield platform with a pencil line in the front.
Second shot shows the L-metal of the slider upside down; used it to trace my line.
The last photo shows the clamps; they are facing the front of the trailer for easiest access to operate. Had a little scare when the top clamp wouldn't open enough due to the frame of the slider. Loosening the nut slightly did the trick and it clamps down enough to hold it in down position.

The wide frame underneath makes the table feel solid with no wobble at all.
Awesome.

Could you please post web links that point to the exact things you bought?

So I know exactly what to order.

:-)

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #178

Thanks John-

Gas Powered
Most buy it at Overton's- look for the discount code to take it to $270.

See the Latest Amazing Stuff | The Dicor Corporation | Official Website

Only from Dicor($135+UPS); click on contact, request info and Jeff will contact you.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:44 AM   #179

Quote:
Gas Powered
Most buy it at Overton's- look for the discount code to take it to $270.

See the Latest Amazing Stuff | The Dicor Corporation | Official Website

Only from Dicor($135+UPS); click on contact, request info and Jeff will contact you.
Hey Ross

Thanks for the links…

Just so I don’t mess up - is there an exact model # for the Dicor slide?

and

I read your posts and looked at the pics….. but I guess I don’t understand how the Dicor slide (that has been cut down) actually attaches to the Springfield pedestal?

How could they actually work together?

and

I own a circular saw…. but have only ever cut wood with it.

Might my small (hand) jig saw (with the right blade) be OK to cut the edges off the Springfield top plate?

and lastly… we’ll get the stock dinette in the 2017 21’ with the stock floor height - do you think this setup will work?

thanks for any guidance. Just having a hard time visualizing how it all works together

Los Angeles.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Not Ross, but trust me, after hours of deliberating and trials, short of actually doing the work myself, I (unfortunately) know the scenario quite well.

Just so I don’t mess up - is there an exact model # for the Dicor slide?
4 way table slide is part# IP-153481 and is $135.00. It is the only one they have though.

I read your posts and looked at the pics….. but I guess I don’t understand how the Dicor slide (that has been cut down) actually attaches to the Springfield pedestal?

How could they actually work together?
Actually the top plate of the Springfield pedestal is what gets cut down to fit the Dicor slide. Drill 4 holes for the machine bolts, and all will be good

I own a circular saw…. but have only ever cut wood with it.

Might my small (hand) jig saw (with the right blade) be OK to cut the edges off the Springfield top plate?
A jigsaw would work, but is would be extremely slow. A carbide tipped blade in a circ saw would work way better. If needed WD-40 makes a great lubricant for this. Just go slow.

and lastly… we’ll get the stock dinette in the 2017 21’ with the stock floor height - do you think this setup will work?
This could work with the 2016 and older floor heights, it is just that the table would be about 3 1/2" lower compared to your body than something like your kitchen/dining room table. This is why folks are raising the floors. Until Reace gets a chance to work out detials with the new moulds, the actualy height of the seat may end up being lower in the new models. When discussing this with Reace, he has said that due to the flat sides, he will likely not have to tilt the water heater so the outside face is flat with the body. This will drop the back end a bit, allowing him to drop the seat a bit, it is just that he does not know exactly how much yet. I imagine once he works through the 19, this will give him an idea though.
On a side note, Dicor sent UPS to pick up my pedestal to return. I am so glad they stepped up to do this, as shipping for me would have been more than the cost of the pedestal itself, about $250 CAD