Table pedestal -- is it worth it? - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #141

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
The back wall of the trailer curves out slightly so if the table top alights with it at the top of the bench and is raised straight up, there will be a gap at table height.
The fore-aft/side-side slider will deal with that.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #142

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Lookit me! I gotsta look smarter now, 'cause I learned sumpin'. Thanks, Paul.

I had mistakenly thought Leon was referring to a curve side to side, not up and down. Silly me!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #143

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Leon a little confused . I have installed the marine pedestal . I carefully mounted table top , raising and lowering for bed . I also have made a 3 3/4 platform which this sits on . I reinstalled my slide underneath also . I did because of my changes put another ledge above Escape 's for table top to sit on . I made sure I had clearance at back curved wall before I attached . The only thing you cannot do is remove table unless you unscrew it . I really don't need to remove table anymore . Everything works as it should . Pat
Also unlatched table will turn all around if you wanted . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #144
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Also unlatched table will turn all around if you wanted . Pat
Which is really handy with the U-shaped dinette and smaller table.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Which is really handy with the U-shaped dinette and smaller table.
Yes my table will slide front to back and side to side now ,also turn 360 degrees . I cut my table down .orignal width is still the same to move down for lounge or bed . But the orignal front to back is now shorter . Table is not against front of trailer wall , I have a space so table can rotate 360 degrees . Front of table was made shorter so easier to get in dinette , even though you can slide table side to side . Makes trailer look larger and really don't need bigger table . Another project someday is to make a new (Myron ,"Pollack" table ) . I still have Escape slide on my table with the marine pedestal . I also have a shelf going across on the ledge at front of trailer, under table for books ,I-pads etc. . I just have regular dinette as been previously mentioned can still make into a lounge . Pat
Old 03-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #146

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Pat and Linda
What make of pedestal did you install. Does anyone know if ETI will install a pedestal if we purchase it and have it sent to them early enough in the build. I think I read in the Forum that someone had them do this but would appreciate confirmation.

Best
Barry
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #147

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
The back wall of the trailer curves out slightly so if the table top alights with it at the top of the bench and is raised straight up, there will be a gap at table height.
The fore-aft/side-side slider will deal with that.
Paul is right about this. Thanks for clarifying. I assume it would not be a problem with a U-shape dinette. I am not sure if is a problem on a 19 or not. This is only about my 21. sorry I wasn't more clear.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Paul is right about this. Thanks for clarifying. I assume it would not be a problem with a U-shape dinette. I am not sure if is a problem on a 19 or not. This is only about my 21. sorry I wasn't more clear.
Once he explained, and I reread your post, it was clear to me. I would imagine it is the same with the 19 if you used a pedestal and a full sized table. Ours was the dual knock down type, so would not know for certain.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 PM   #149

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Makes sense. Time to call Dicor.
gmurchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:19 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Pat and Linda
What make of pedestal did you install. Does anyone know if ETI will install a pedestal if we purchase it and have it sent to them early enough in the build. I think I read in the Forum that someone had them do this but would appreciate confirmation.

Best
Barry
Hi Barry . We ordered from Overton's marine supply . It is Sringflied 3stage air powered table pedestal . They have 10-15 off a lot .Shipping is free . Pat
Old 03-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #151

Quote:
Hi Barry . We ordered from Overton's marine supply . It is Sringflied 3stage air powered table pedestal . They have 10-15 off a lot .Shipping is free . Pat
Forgot yes Many have had Escape install their pedestal for them . Pat
Old 04-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #152

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I remember you mentioning this before Robert, but not sure where you got that, as I hadn't heard it. I have one and it is definitely round.

My only have one concern with (the Dicor Cosmo ), and that is that it has 3 set stops in height. With this the only issue is that it matches the bed height when dropped. I forget what this height is and am on my phone so can't check, but if that works, it will be a great pedestal.

I am stoked to use the 4-way slide. That should work great.
So I dutifully read all 16 pages of this meandering thread

so this "3 set stops" issue with the Dicor Cosmo seems like a big deal to me....

How is this overcome? We would like to be able to easily switch between dining and sleeping.

Note - we are NOT getting the u-shaped-dinette.
2017 21' on order

and

i also see conflicting info about ordering direct from the manufacturer 'Dicor Cosmo'

anyone else had good or bad luck with ordering direct, lately?

bummer about having to pay $$$$ duty and UPS fees going into Canada... such a scam.

thanks.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #153

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We have the Springfield Marine pedestal (pneumatic) on our 21 with the standard dinette. And I'm sure glad we got it. We took it up with us when we picked up the trailer and Escape installed it at no charge. It's really easy to adjust up or down as needed and very stable as a table when in the up position. I'm not seeing the benefits of the Dicor so would recommend the Springfield instead. Sign up to get emails from Overton and eventually they will have a 20% sale so get it then.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
We have the Springfield Marine pedestal (pneumatic) on our 21 with the standard dinette. And I'm sure glad we got it. We took it up with us when we picked up the trailer and Escape installed it at no charge. It's really easy to adjust up or down as needed and very stable as a table when in the up position. I'm not seeing the benefits of the Dicor so would recommend the Springfield instead. Sign up to get emails from Overton and eventually they will have a 20% sale so get it then.
What I have been trying to say without stepping on toe 's We got the 20 % off when we ordered and also love it . No detents , has lots of adjustments up and down . Another vote I can safely now make . Pat
Old 04-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
so this "3 set stops" issue with the Dicor Cosmo seems like a big deal to me....

How is this overcome? We would like to be able to easily switch between dining and sleeping.

Note - we are NOT getting the u-shaped-dinette.
2017 21' on order

and

i also see conflicting info about ordering direct from the manufacturer 'Dicor Cosmo'

anyone else had good or bad luck with ordering direct, lately?

bummer about having to pay $$$$ duty and UPS fees going into Canada... such a scam.

thanks.
Nothing you can really do about the 3 detents, short of major surgery. I do wish that Dicor had of given these details ahead of time. It is a very well built pedestal though, quality through and through. But if it won't work, it won't work. I had to find out the hard way.

But as mentioned here, the 4-way slide is going to work great. I see it on another pedestal like the Springfield to be an ultimate combination. You can then push the table right out of the way when not using it.

I had no issue at all with ordering myself, however did not get the responses I wanted from the folks I dealt with. I just don't think they were well educated on just what the product was, and how it functioned.

Our issue here in Canada, is not duty, we don't pay that, it is the ridiculous brokerage fees that companies like UPS charges, which can easily be 1/3 the cost of the item. A total rip-off. If shipping with USPS they charge a simple #10 flat rate, which seem way more fair for a minutes paperwork.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #156

Quote:
What I have been trying to say without stepping on toe 's We got the 20 % off when we ordered and also love it . No detents , has lots of adjustments up and down . Another vote I can safely now make . Pat
Most important free shipping which adds to your savings . Pat
Old 04-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #157

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Springfield arriving tomorrow and will use the stock ETI slide, then compare it with the Dicor when it ships later this month.

Ordering over the phone with Overton's was night & day different from Dicor. It is clear to me their primary customers are OEM's like Escape - who buys their shades from them. They don't seem to be set up for adequately dealing with end-users.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Springfield arriving tomorrow and will use the stock ETI slide, then compare it with the Dicor when it ships later this month.

Ordering over the phone with Overton's was night & day different from Dicor. It is clear to me their primary customers are OEM's like Escape - who buys their shades from them. They don't seem to be set up for adequately dealing with end-users.
I am quite confident that your combination will work great, Ross. I look forward to hearing your assessment once you have it set up.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #159

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveoakal View Post
I purchased the Springfield pedestal from Overtons recently. I am quite pleased with it. Retailmenot.com provided a 10 percent savings code. Try "FAT5OFF" when you order online.
I am searching this thread for the exact model of the Springfield marine pedestal.

They make many

Does anyone have an exact model that will work well in a 21' with No u shaped dinette?

Thanks
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:56 PM   #160

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Is it this one at overtones?
Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal - Overton's
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote