Table slider modification - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 2017 21'
Table slider modification

I recently modified our factory table sliders and thought I'd share the results.

I wanted to add a sturdier option to the factory sliders. In my research it was very difficult to find sliders that would work well. Most people suggested using standard drawer sliders, which weren't robust enough for my liking.

I discovered Accuride (model 0363) makes a two way slide (goes both directions) that is very sturdy. The only challenge is that they aren't cheap ($115+/pair). The result is a very sturdy slide that extends 16- 20" in each direction depending on the length of slide and has virtually no wobble. Here is the link for the slides: https://www.accuride.com/en-us/products/0363

FYI-I have this mounted to a Springfield pedestal, but it should work fine with the standard pedestal as well. A couple of extra modifications I made to this set up were: 1. upgrading to a 3/4" plywood base platform, 2. epoxying the screw heads into the sliders. This is especially important when attaching the screws to the table top since it is very soft wood and could easily strip out. Additional tips: be sure that your mounting screw heads are not too wide as they will make contact with the sliders, match your plywood base platform to your slider length.

I anticipate that this mod will bring years of smooth, sturdy table sliding!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0478.jpg   IMG_0482.jpg  
Flyfisherdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 21' foot 2019
Sliders

Thanks Dan:

We just got off the phone. The link helps.

I've been thinking about using sliders like that to make a sliding rower's seat in my latest drift boat--a 17' foot decked white water boat named the San Wanderer. I may have to buy two pair of those sliders.

Fly fisher Dan!
Hah. Hey. Take a look at http://montana-riverboats.com
pittendrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 2017 21'
Thanks

Sandy,

Good to chat with you. I hope that the sliders work well for your table, and possibly for your drift boat.

Thanks for sharing your boat building link. Those are nice looking boats!

Dan
Flyfisherdan is offline   Reply With Quote