Television mounts - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Mis-quote
TV1-025H locking articulating wall mount is from MOR/ryde Home
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfraser View Post
Greg, thanks for the information, you just may hear from me. I wouldn't do anything to an Escape that doesn't add to it's quality and appearance, and your modification does that in spades. Again, nicely done!

I was looking for a molded double mount, one above the other, to hold the stereo and DVD. Finding the correct size and appearance is impossible, and making a molded one is above my ability. But doing as you've done is right up my alley.

Thanks Tom
Couldn't agree more. Tammy also talked to me about using this design for the 21's but something changed and it didn't go forward.

The swing out tv arm seemed kind of lame to me. I feel (prejudiced of course) that this is a huge improvement over the tv arm. I did the first one in a Casita with a piece of wood grained shelving from Lowes. Second one was a little larger and it got easier to build.

I had the shelf made at the factory when I ordered the trailer (30x12, I think). I deleted the tv arm but had them run cable to the corner and also locate a 110v plug where I could use it for the tv. As it turned out, I ran a coax from the plug and put a double 110v inside the cabinet so the wires for the tv, etc. go up thru a hole which really cleaned things up. I also added a piece of matching paneling to double strengthen the area where the tv went, glued and screwed it in place. I leave the tv in place just like I did with my Casita when we're on the road. So far, after 12,000 miles, no problems.

If I were ever to do another one, I'd find a way to run all the wiring behind the tv and/or use a wire cover to hide them a little better. It doesn't bug me now so I live with the way it is.

Here are a couple more shots:
Attached Thumbnails
get-attachment1.jpg   get-attachment2.jpg  
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #23

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Greg, what's the little panel to the left of the TV, has red/yel/green indictors and an led readout?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe that is a 12v gauge or meter….
Old 04-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
yep. like it better than the lights on the panel. I had a 12v gauge back there which is going to come in handy because I'm going to switch to a 12v tv one of these days.
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I use one of these in my T@B and use a hard case for the TV. Takes a min or so to clip it on or off.

HP Quick Release - mounting kit - EM870AT - Mount Accessories - CDW.com
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailseeker View Post
We did have the wall reinforced. We brought our TV, we all just started talking about something else(awning I think) and left without getting it done. Rob just finished putting it up and it looks great. We can swivel it to the dinette or have it face the bed. Still aren't sure about leaving it on for travel.

Robbie
Robbie, what size television? Looking at a 19 or 21 inch for our 21 trailer but want to be sure it'll fit alongside the cabinet and still swivel out to view from the dinette. Don't know how deep that cabinet wall is.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
When we picked up our 17b, we were advised not to travel with the TV in place, using the standard ETI mount. I have been thinking of ways around that for our new 21, but Donna's description of a trailer as 'an earthquake going down the road' sticks with me. I have images of the tv coming off the mount, or the mount pulling out of the wall.

We got a plastic bin to hold our TV, and it stores nicely under the 17b bed. Most of the time the TV stays there, but when we want to take it out, it is only a 5 minute job to hook it up to the mount, the antenna, and the DVD player. Really not too bad.
Hi Leon. I also have a 17B and am considering installing a TV. Do have any photos or advice regarding your setup? What size is your TV? Did you get the mount from Escape? Thanks. Malcolm C.
MCameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
When we picked up our 17b, we were advised not to travel with the TV in place, using the standard ETI mount. I have been thinking of ways around that for our new 21, but Donna's description of a trailer as 'an earthquake going down the road' sticks with me. I have images of the tv coming off the mount, or the mount pulling out of the wall.

We got a plastic bin to hold our TV, and it stores nicely under the 17b bed. Most of the time the TV stays there, but when we want to take it out, it is only a 5 minute job to hook it up to the mount, the antenna, and the DVD player. Really not too bad.
We now have the 21' and the 22" Samsung television. We picked up a locking arm mount at camping world. The arm lengths were too short to mount the TV above the vanity and and allow it for viewing from dinette. Took it back and found this:
Amazon.com: TV Wall Mount Locking Cantilever 25" extension BLACK 404L LCD LED (full-motion): Electronics.
Perfect to mount for viewing from bed and swing out for viewing from dinette. Locks in the closed position and fully intend to leave in place for travel. Only downside is plate for back of TV is large and I will need to trim down so it does not stick out above the TV and look funky. I will post pictues after I install.
Attached Thumbnails
31nGh3T+iQL.jpg  

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have kept my tv mounted and strapped to the wall for travel for over 12,000 miles without any issues in both the 19 and 21 Escapes.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Skiman,

We have the standard ETI mount and it sags so the arm slants down a bit. The end of the TV nearest the wall mount is noticeably higher than the end away from the mount, and TV mount cannot be rotated to compensate. Does this mount allow the TV to be rotated to allow for this?

In the Amazon picture (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with the extended arm I would need to be able to rotate the mounting plate counter clockwise.

I hope this makes sense - not sure I am being clear.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCameron View Post
Hi Leon. I also have a 17B and am considering installing a TV. Do have any photos or advice regarding your setup? What size is your TV? Did you get the mount from Escape? Thanks. Malcolm C.
Malcolm, no photos available. Fox hunt has the trailer now. The mount was on the wall right by the fridge. It was the escape standard mount. We used a 19" jensen TV. Hope that helps
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #33

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
Skiman,

We have the standard ETI mount and it sags so the arm slants down a bit. The end of the TV nearest the wall mount is noticeably higher than the end away from the mount, and TV mount cannot be rotated to compensate. Does this mount allow the TV to be rotated to allow for this?

In the Amazon picture (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with the extended arm I would need to be able to rotate the mounting plate counter clockwise.

I hope this makes sense - not sure I am being clear.
Jamman,

The mount does not have provision to rotate about an axis perpendicular to the screen. I understand exactly what you mean. The mount seems very ridgid and is supposed to hold 25 lbs. Deflection on my 6 lb TV should be minimal. You probably can compensate a little on the mount to the wall. I'll let you know after mounting.

Zig Ziglar
Old 11-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #34
RWS

Trailer: 2014 escape 21
Picked up our 21 in late Sept. Brought along my Majestic 21 in tv-dvd combo, 10#. It's a special low draw 12 volt tv. The escape techs mounted both tv mounts perfectly, one near bed the other on wall next to fridge. Works out great, had 12 volt and coax put near both mounts. Really happy with this combo. The tv is a little pricy, 489.00 but is built for a marine environment.
RWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #35

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Jamman,

The mount does not have provision to rotate about an axis perpendicular to the screen. I understand exactly what you mean. The mount seems very ridgid and is supposed to hold 25 lbs. Deflection on my 6 lb TV should be minimal. You probably can compensate a little on the mount to the wall. I'll let you know after mounting.
Ok,

Got the TV installed finally. The mount is very rigid and sag does not seem to be much of an issue. The latching mechanism works well. Installed this way the TV can face the bed, be swung out to face the counter, or swung all the way around to face the dinette. You will need to have the reinforced walls because there is a lot of rotational stress on the mount when it is swung out to face the dinette. I will probably stick a piece of foam under it while on the road as the Samsung 22' TV does not seem real strong in the mounting area.

The mount to the TV is over sized and was cut down for the 75 x 75 Vesa mount on the TV. I left the 100 x 100 holes in case I would every want to go with a Jensen or Naxa TV since they are 100 x 100 mounts.

I had a left over remote infrared sensor from a previous radio and installed that with velcro to the top of the TV. The ETI installed Stereo has and input for a remote sensor and it plugged right in. This allows the Jensen remote to work from the dinette.

I am very pleased with how it all turned out. Finding a mount with the right arm length was the key.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20141122_124803497_HDR.jpg   IMG_20141120_134550540.jpg   IMG_20141120_134610879_HDR.jpg   IMG_20141122_124720385 (1).jpg  

Zig Ziglar
Old 11-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Ski,

That setup works really well with your U-shaped seating at the dinette. Nice plan well executed!

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 08-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #37

Trailer: looking to purchase 21 foot
was reading post on tv mount,getting our 21 in may 2016,did you reinforce, the wall your self
would prefer to do it myself,and do you travel with tv in place,
Barylski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Skiman, what/where is that mount from? I searched the thread and could not find it. On the wall reinforcement, that consists of a 3/4 inch piece of plywood sandwiched between the pretty inside/outside wood layers. Not retrofittable.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 08-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #39

Talking

The mount is the one in post 33. Amazon is out of stock but it is available from other places. A work around on reinforcement would be to surface mount a nice piece of oak across the cabinet face and pick up the cabinet framing with 4 screws. Edge could be routed to make it pretty or even a bevel cut. Some clear urethene and you would have a good strong mounting place.

Zig Ziglar
Old 08-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #40

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
And, how much would that nice piece of oak cost versus a piece of pine or plywood or whatever they use on the back side of a wall? Why?