Television mounts - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Television mounts

We are trying to sort out TV mounts for our 21' order. In the picture the mount appears to have a latch. Does anyone have this that can comment? Is anyone successful in leaving TV in place while underway?

We are also looking at this Travel TV Wall Mount

Travel TV Wall Mount - Ready America MRV3500 - TV Accessories - Camping World

Would like to be able to move TV from bed to dinette. Anyone have experience with this? Again can you travel with in place?
Attached Images

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
I have the same TV mount pictured in your post (ETI supplied and installed). There is a latch that connects the swing arm to the wall mounting bracket which would allow for repositioning to another wall mount bracket. However, I'd be surprised if an additional wall mount bracket only is offered since they are sold as a set with the corresponding swing arm. There is no provision for securing a mounted TV for travel, but it's only a single bolt with thumb wheel to attach the TV to the bracket.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
When we picked up our 17b, we were advised not to travel with the TV in place, using the standard ETI mount. I have been thinking of ways around that for our new 21, but Donna's description of a trailer as 'an earthquake going down the road' sticks with me. I have images of the tv coming off the mount, or the mount pulling out of the wall.

We got a plastic bin to hold our TV, and it stores nicely under the 17b bed. Most of the time the TV stays there, but when we want to take it out, it is only a 5 minute job to hook it up to the mount, the antenna, and the DVD player. Really not too bad.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
I too was told NOT to keep the tv in the mount while traveling! Donna is right. I kept my 19" in the cupboard with foam around it, and my 24" in the box it came in on the mattress of the small dinette, in front of the bath compartment. (I sleep in the large one.)
Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have never taken my TV off the wall in my Escape, in the 19 nor 21. That said, they were both mounted on the "reinforced wall" and simply tied back with a small bungee and 2 hooks. Both models were 15" led with dvd and relatively light. KISS method.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
In our EggCamper we simply put our TV on the bed, under one of the covers which we tucked in. It never moved out of place.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:38 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
We picked up our 21 a couple of weeks ago. In the excitement they forgot to attach the TV mount and we forgot also. My husband is going to attach and is a bit nervous about drilling into the trailer. Reace told him where it goes and that wall is also reinforced. Reace suggested taking the TV off every time we travel. We are looking at maybe doing a bungee lie Jim. Ours is a 19 in. TV.

We were a bit upset when we realized that step was missed, but the trailer was already on its way over the border.
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #8

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailseeker View Post
We picked up our 21 a couple of weeks ago. In the excitement they forgot to attach the TV mount and we forgot also. My husband is going to attach and is a bit nervous about drilling into the trailer. Reace told him where it goes and that wall is also reinforced. Reace suggested taking the TV off every time we travel. We are looking at maybe doing a bungee lie Jim. Ours is a 19 in. TV.

We were a bit upset when we realized that step was missed, but the trailer was already on its way over the border.
We must have picked ours up just after you...
Reace didn't install ours either. He explained he wasn't sure where on the wall to put it without the TV we were going to use. He would have installed it if we'd brought the set with us.

I retrospect, I should have spent $35 reinforcing the wall facing the bed instead of $95 on the ETI provided mount and bought a $25 mount (which I did anyway) when I bought the TV. Oh well...
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
We did have the wall reinforced. We brought our TV, we all just started talking about something else(awning I think) and left without getting it done. Rob just finished putting it up and it looks great. We can swivel it to the dinette or have it face the bed. Still aren't sure about leaving it on for travel.

Robbie
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:38 PM   #10

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Similar story, we ordered the TV mount but didn't bring the TV set with us when we picked up our 21. During the origination, Dave show where to place the TV mount. Turns out that we won't use the mount as the TV would stick out too much (it's a 26" size). So we just place it atop the cabinet similar as seem in the video.

When we had our 19, we always took the TV down when traveling and just laid it on the bed. We will also do the same with the 21, lay the TV on the bed.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Not only shouldn't you travel with the TV mounted, you should make sure the shelves in the fridge door aren't filled with heavy stuff.
I broke one of mine on a washboard road, which I was able to repair with some aluminum trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Fridge repair A.jpg   Fridge repair B.jpg  
Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We haven't had need for a TV in 5 years yet, but if and when I do, I can't imagine keeping it mounted while traveling. I do travel on some rougher roads at times, and would not trust the mount (or the mounting of it) to the stress put on it when bouncing.

I also would want to find a good place to keep it when travelling, as on the bed would not be convenient for me, as I would find it in the way when not using it.

I do have a mount to use, should I want to put it up, and it easily allows the TV to be taken down.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I bought a TV mount from Lee Valley Tools.
Then I gave it away.
Didn't want the TV hanging off the wall, getting in the way.
It's only a 13" and sits on a stand. Stored in a bucket under the bed, pretty much permanently since we haven't used it since we bought it.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I bought a TV mount from Lee Valley Tools.
Then I gave it away.
Didn't want the TV hanging off the wall, getting in the way.
It's only a 13" and sits on a stand. Stored in a bucket under the bed, pretty much permanently since we haven't used it since we bought it.
Pretty much my story to date. Bought a mount from Escape, not even sure where it is. I bet if I brought a TV, it would just sit under the bed like yours. I imagine someday when we travel more extensively, a TV would be better used. I plan on using a computer for that, it works great.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #15

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
here's my tv/dvd/sat in my 19.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3837 (640x480).jpg   IMG_3838 (640x480).jpg  
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Greggo, nicely done. That's a nice idea and it looks great! Just might have to steal it.
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:07 AM   #17

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfraser View Post
Greggo, nicely done. That's a nice idea and it looks great! Just might have to steal it.
Thanks. Easy to do. ETI made the shelf. I used 5" bolts, washers, stop nuts, 4 1/2" pvc pipe sections and snap caps painted with Krylon plastic paint. Drilling thru cabinets in a shiny new trailer was a little intimidating but I figured enough duct tape could cover up mistakes!

I've made two others and it gets easier. PM me anytime and I'll share some hints.

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #18

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I was going to ask what you used for a finish as it is a good match. Great idea though, one to keep in mind. Did you have the shelves made as part of the initial build or as an afterthought?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:26 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Has anyone had experience using the Locking Cantilever Mount from Camping world or Single Swing Arm Mount with lock , TV1-025H ? from Moview: WDSL Double Swing Arm w/ Lock.
Thanks
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #20

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Greg, thanks for the information, you just may hear from me. I wouldn't do anything to an Escape that doesn't add to it's quality and appearance, and your modification does that in spades. Again, nicely done!

I was looking for a molded double mount, one above the other, to hold the stereo and DVD. Finding the correct size and appearance is impossible, and making a molded one is above my ability. But doing as you've done is right up my alley.

Thanks Tom
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote