"Texas"fan option for refrigerator - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #121

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Texas fan option

Vicki, we are thinking along the same lines. We had minimal problems with the 19 and smaller fridge. With the 21 and 100 degree temps we are having problems. I have installed two fans to push air up and out the top vent plus another installed fan inside the fridge. I won't know the results until we head for Texas in a few weeks. If I need more mods I have a few tent rods with me to build a shade over the hot area outside of the fridge. Since you are near the camp ground in Texas, you can direct me to an awning co. and I have an idea to secure it to the side of the trailer. If you use an IR temp prob you can see how hot the outer skin is from the heat of the burner or electric heater. Maybe moving the heat out and shade from the sun will help.
See you next month.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #122

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Hello from Winnemucca Nevada! Well, temperatures today, driving from Reno to Winnemucca, ran between 87 and 94 degrees. Right now in Winnemucca it's 72 degrees and our "Texas fan" is still running (we're on external electrical power .. ran on propane all the way with no problems). The fan has been running most of the day (whenever we stopped I would listen for it). My problem is ... does anyone know when the fan should stop running? We've camped before in higher heat and the fan has not run continually. In one post, Reace mentioned that the Texas fan kit has a master on/off switch which allows you to deactivate the fan if you choose -- but I don't know where that master switch is. My concern is that we're headed for a National Park that has no hookups so we'll be on battery and solar power for a week. If this fan continues to operate, I'm afraid that it's going to drain down our power in short order. Any idea/thoughts?
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #123

Trailer: 19'
In April 2014 anyways, the master switch is no longer included. Fan on/off is temperature activated - not sure what the temp levels are though.
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #124

Thanks Jamie. Our build was finished in January so perhaps we're on the group that doesn't have the master switch ... rats. Tonight through Sunday, we'll be camping with full hookups so it will give us time to calibrate the temps. If we're still having problems, I will have to call ETI on Monday ... that is, if they're not all at the rally.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #125

Of course, I waited for hours before posting this, in the hope the fan would stop. And, true to form, it stopped after posting my reply to Jaime. Thus, we know about how long it will run. It would still be nice if we had a way to deactivate it easily while we're dry camping. Oh well, let's hope it doesn't draw much power...
Old 06-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #126

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Thanks Jamie. Our build was finished in January so perhaps we're on the group that doesn't have the master switch ... rats. Tonight through Sunday, we'll be camping with full hookups so it will give us time to calibrate the temps. If we're still having problems, I will have to call ETI on Monday ... that is, if they're not all at the rally.
Ours was built in January and we have a switch. It is behind the removable fridge panel. It is not fastened to anything and is held in by the wires - ours is toward the front of the opening in plain sight. But yours might be tucked up inside a bit.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote