Thanks to those of you who have posted your modifications on the forum and provided ideas for me and others to personalize our Escapes. I'll admit I've freely collected many of your ideas of things to add or change since I started following this forum 18 months ago. In the past few weeks, I've incorporated some of them. I doubt if I'm done yet, but I thought I would share what I've recently completed.
After I ordered a couple of 5 meter rolls of LED strip lights and a 10 pc package of rocker toggle switches, I kind of got carried away. I ended up with a switched strip of LED lights in all 6 Overhead cabinets, 1 underneath the counter, 1 underneath the bed, and 1 along the back side of the rear storage area. Couldn't find a place to use that 10th switch, and I still have lights left so the storage box is still a possibility
. I added a dimmer to the LED strip on the inside lip of the overhead shelf in the front but all others are quite bright; no more wondering what's in the back corners of the cabinets! I also added a short LED strip on the bottom of the trailer to light the step. The power source for that light was the front outside light so the step light is activated by the porch light switch inside the trailer.
Added a couple of light weight shelves to the wardrobe, a roll-out metal shelf under the counter, a shelf over the door to collect the odds and ends that always seemed to end up on top of the counter, and drawers under the bed. I used 28" drawer slides that are made for RV's from eDirectHardware and they lock quite securely when fully closed. The design guy (me) didn't realize the RH door under the bed didn't fully open because of interference with the handle on the door under the refrigerator
.The drawers are functional, but I suspect I'll redo them to correct my mistake.
Installed a Trimetric 2030RV meter with the shunt located right on the battery. I could have installed the shunt inside under the seat with the rest of the electrical stuff, but the location I chose was the easiest to access. If the shunt location becomes a problem, I can always move it inside. I also replaced the cable ETI installed to connect the two batteries together with the same size cable as used for the inverter, 4 gauge. Installed an accumulator for the water pump and hinged the cover over the water pump area for improved access to this area. Added an LED light to the WH switch to indicate when the switch is on. Added a Camco Quickie Flush to each of the waste tanks. I replaced the vinyl hose that came with the units with heavier duty hose and used elbows to more directly route the hose to the outlets. Nope, didn't bother me too much to drill a hole in the side of the trailer
Haven't done much to the outside other than applying a coat of Rejex and cleaning off the putty squeeze out around the windows. I have installed a length of RV gutter along the edge of the roof on the curb side as well as shorter lengths over the front and rear side windows on the street side, a couple of awning deflappers, and screens to block flying and crawling insects access to the various vents.