Originally Posted by hillary
Thank you! It looks like your back window has two fabric panels that open in the middle; are the side window panels single or also two? Are you using two corner pieces
and four track pieces
(two on the back, possibly cut down, and one on each side)? Sorry for all the questions, but my nearest Ikea is an hour away so I don't want to have to go more than once!
We have a 2011 17B - Maybe the dimensions are the same?
For the large dinette, I used 3 tracks and 2 corners. The tracks are 55" long so the back was a full piece plus the corners added on and the side pieces I cut down to about 37". For the small dinette, I was able to use the 2 leftover pieces for the sides and needed one full track plus corners for the wide front window. Total:
I used 4 full size rails
@ 55" long, 10 ceiling mounts
(5 for each dinette) and 4 corners
(2 for each dinette) plus the screws.
It's easier if two "patient" people do it. You want to put the track together for a test run and don't want to twist the tracks. Someone needs to hold it up with the mounts on the track and spaced where you want them. Mark where center is on the cabinet underside and on the track so you have a reference point. We put light masking tape in those areas so we could holdup the track and pencil around the mounts to mark the locations. After determining this, you can attach the mounts. We used an awl to start the hole then simply screwed them in. The mounts are attached to the crack and tightened with a small allen key (included).
The track sections also come with joiner plates and end caps. We started with the center mount to ensure we had equal spacing on the sides from the blinds. If you slide your drapery panel on before attaching the next mount, you may find it easier. We attached the rods first then loosened the mounts from the tracks so we could slide the panels on.
I used 2 panels for each wide window and a single panel for the sides. This will vary depending on your panel width. I bought mine at Jysk (Olivia blackout panels) but if you're a sewing person, you could probably do it a lot better and cheaper. The track system, with all the parts was around $130+. Not a cheap solution but it looks good.
By the way, I used elastic with velcro on the ends for the tiebacks. I got them at the dollar store, 2 in a pack. The vinyl corners in the trailer are overlayed so I was able to just slip the tiebacks behind and bring them through - no attaching to the vinyl needed. It also keeps the drapes tucked in the corner. You could also sew a tieback directly on the drapes themselves.