Things that aren't on the option list - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Couple more shots, with the screen room attached.
Awning is neutral grey ( see the part hanging down at the front ). Screen room is white vinyl and grey mesh.
Attached Thumbnails
awning and screen room.jpg   inside screen room.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Tom and Cheryl I do like that blue! I can see why you'd want the awning to match. and thanks for the additional details.

Jim it's tempting to change dates and actually have the trailer, but our present plan is to drive out to Chilliwack in June -- we would go to Montana anyway to see our son -- pick up the trailer and spend time out there before coming back. And we're not ready to confirm the build list. But it is tempting.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
NIce looking dog Glenn -- I think I can live with that awning color. And that's the first headon picture of the screen tent I've seen. My final decision on that is to not get it and maybe buy a free standing one. But then I waiver. It will be good when the build sheet is finalized!
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21 "BAG END"
According to an email from Kim the awing currently being supplied is white - no color options.
MerrittP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Guess Donna's would be green in no time, then!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	3650
Our awning is a light beige in the front and lighter on top.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn56 View Post
Attachment 3650
Our awning is a light beige in the front and lighter on top.

That's a better picture and ours is the same. Oh yeah, our campers were built side by side.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #28

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
The option list in 2010 was limited compared to 2014. I had trouble with the power cut off switch as to where it was placed under the dinette. Legs sometimes turned it off without us knowing. The Power panel was another problem your leg would tap it and the door opened. I finally used a magnet for a catch. I had a handle bar added in the bathroom. I did order a light over the front box and the service side of the trailer. That idea came from Bigfoot. The remote propane valve was only used once, the flow was slow and it took forever to cook anything. Not an option I would order again. If the new option list has a power bathroom fan it is a nice thing to have.
Chuck
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
See trials: So far --am liking all my add-on option choices. No regrets, no shudda done-its, not yet anyway. (OK, the microwave was maybe un-necessary, but…) Glad for the one extra window, the extra insulation, the dual 6-volt batteries, 2-burner stove, standard fridge, and the no air conditioner, no big storage box, decisions. Love our custom fabric choice.

The following issues will likely require attention:
  • Need a hook hanging over both sides of the bathroom door. Towels on the inside, clothing, garbage bags on the outside.
  • A way to hang a clothesline without drilling holes.
  • A way to make sitting up against the wall while in bed more comfortable. The window shade’s plastic spool digs into my back and I just know one day I will lean too hard and bend or break that thing.
  • Long skinny shelves about 3 inches deep around the bed head area, for quick and easy storage of eyeglasses, a book, coffee cups, ball point pens, a portable radio, etc. I likely will address this while simultaneously fixing number 3 above.
  • A soft, low-key, night light placed maybe underneath the range hood for midnight pit stops. I like the red lighting you see in submarine movies. Lets you see just enough to get around without disturbing others.
  • An on/off battery controller switch under dinette that is not so easily switched by mistake. A more aggressive dinette table slider locking mechanism.
  • A fridge thermometer, and a ten inch fry pan that fits nice and flat in the storage bin under the fridge. A flexible funnel for manually filling holding tank water.
  • A bigger-surfaced step, out the door. Ballerinas might love it but I found that fold-out step way small for a clumsy bigfoot like me.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #30

To get you started: Interlocking Mesh Drawer Organizers | Kitchen Drawer Organization | Rubbermaid

We use these. They hook on to the the window frame in our 17B. I don't think they work on some of the new windows being used now, but you may find a way to make them work for you. Cheap, light weight and multiple sizes.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #31

Trailer: No more Escape 21
"A more aggressive dinette table slider locking mechanism."

This is was been installed on several 19s, RV|Universal|bunk|latch

Old 10-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #32

Trailer: Escape
Found at many auto part supply stores.
Lumax LX-1609 Black Two-Piece Funnel with Flex Spout : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #33

Trailer: 21' Escape
I also bought a similar funnel at Walmart
floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We bought our trailer off the lot, so didn't have much opportunity to customize things. One thing we did add was an outside shower. By default, these are installed on the driver side. We had ours placed on the passenger side. Here it makes an excellent dish washing station.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
To get you started: Interlocking Mesh Drawer Organizers | Kitchen Drawer Organization | Rubbermaid

We use these. They hook on to the the window frame in our 17B. I don't think they work on some of the new windows being used now, but you may find a way to make them work for you. Cheap, light weight and multiple sizes.
This thread prompted me to buy a larger basket ( 6" X 15" ) in black plastic ( $5.97 at Walmart ). I'm hoping the lip is capable of supporting the basket with my Sirius radio dock in it. If not, I'm sure I can find other stuff to put in it. Note: haven't removed labels yet.
Also, pic of the wire mesh basket ( 3" X 15" )
Attached Thumbnails
Rubbermaid basket.jpg   Rubbermaid basket 2.jpg  
Old 10-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #36

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Here's a plug for the Escape-made bed extension for the 17B. We had Reace and the fellas make us one for our Escape when it was built in early 2012, but for some reason we didn't use it until our last trip in late September.

WOW. It made a HUGE difference in our comfort, and allowed us the guilty pleasure of inviting our two 80-ish pound dogs up on the sides with us in the mornings

It's especially great because it allows both peeps to take a midnight pit stop with no climbing over each other. Highly, highly recommended, as the bed arrangement was the only thing I don't love about our Escape.

~e
& Dovekie the Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
medora66 is offline   Reply With Quote