Toaster Oven Location in Escape 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19'
Toaster Oven Location in Escape 19

Do you carry a Toaster/Oven in your Escape 19? If so, where do you stow it when it's not in use, and where do you place it to use it?

My Toaster/Oven's inside dimensions are the same as those of the oven that ETI would install, so I don't see the point of buying theirs, given that I would use any oven only infrequently. But "infrequently" is not "never", and I'd like to have access to an oven when we're winter camping at ski areas or in early spring and late autumn.

I had thought that we could set it up for use on the fold-down/up counter extension on the left of the galley. Can that extension be left in the UP position without seriously impeding access to the trailer door? If not, where would you/do you put an appliance that is so big and needs to be left in position for possibly a few hours?

All comments gratefully accepted!
egraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We use a toaster/oven with our Escape 19 for reasons you infer - it's used infrequently but comes in very handy at times. We stow in a Rubbermaid storage container that we keep in our tow vehicle (F-150.) When we use it inside the trailer, we set it up on the metal stove top burner cover. Usually we use it outside and have a small portable table to set it on and plug it into the exterior outlet.
gudmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #3

That's very helpful! Thank you.

Did you have an extra 120V electrical outlets placed in your 19' during your build? If so, where did you put them? I am trying to find out where they already are, and where I might need to add more.

Again, thanks.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have one in the basement, stopped carrying it when I learned to cook over a fire or grill. There are so many different ways to prepare foods that the toaster oven sat unused.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
It seems to me that the outlet was standard. I'll try and pm you a picture as I'm forgetting how to post pictures on this forum.
gudmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #6

Yes, the microwave outlet is standard, with to without the microwave.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We have a somewhat larger toaster oven that we store under the passenger side dinette seat. It fits in there. We bought a larger oven to ensure it would take a 12" pizza. However, we have not used it yet.
If we did use it, we would have to set it on the cooktop cover. There is an AC outlet by the door and also one by the bed. I think either could be used.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #8

and there should be an outlet centered in the front between the sink and stove in the 19?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #9

You are all amazing! I am really overwhelmed by your responses and help. What a wonderful community. Thank you.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:01 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
I sometimes put mine or my microwave on the table. U do get one electric plug on the passenger side, I did add one on the other side in the middle of the bench, although I would not run both "ovens" at the same time as they r on the same circuit which would then very likely be overloaded. I primarily added the extra outlet so there would be two for those sitting at the table wanting to charge or use electronics, one on each side.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote