Tpm - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Tpm

i remember seeing a post about an inexpensive TPM someone bought and was going to try. Was it the Zeepin TPM its only 49.99. had some good reviews anyone used it? I'm interested in one for my RV don't need a fancy one -just alert me if loosing pressure like my truck does.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i remember seeing a post about an inexpensive TPM someone bought and was going to try. Was it the Zeepin TPM its only 49.99. had some good reviews anyone used it? I'm interested in one for my RV don't need a fancy one -just alert me if loosing pressure like my truck does.
We just purchased the Zeepen this summer and used it for 4000 miles. It worked great. The solar panel on the monitor kept it fully charged. We bought the unit with the screw on caps. I may buy the unit that replaces the valve cores. The unit may not be 100% accurate but it defiantly will let you know if your pressure is to low or too high. For the price it is amazing, I just can’t say enough about it. Th range is amazing as well.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
I purchased the Tire Minder TPMS which comes with 12v booster you install in trailer.

Very similar to Zeepen, but sticks on Windshield and has solar. Price is much more $168 at Amazon.

I first installed without the booster and the readings were erratic. I installed the booster in the front storage box of my 5.0TA and now the readings are rock solid.

Have been happy with it thus far.
Attached Thumbnails
TireMinder_Trailer_TPMS__43367.1503334983.1280.1280.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
We purchased the Carchet TPMS with 4 external sensors from amazon.ca for $100. It lasted a couple of days into an extended trip and never did work properly after that. It produced a false low pressure warning and rarely did all four sensors work at any one time. We returned it and amazon.ca no longer carries it.

We're now shopping for a more reliable replacement. Costco carries the Tireminder A1A. Does anybody have any experience with this one?
Cordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordon View Post
We purchased the Carchet TPMS with 4 external sensors from amazon.ca for $100. It lasted a couple of days into an extended trip and never did work properly after that. It produced a false low pressure warning and rarely did all four sensors work at any one time. We returned it and amazon.ca no longer carries it.

We're now shopping for a more reliable replacement. Costco carries the Tireminder A1A. Does anybody have any experience with this one?
If you are shopping for another one why not try the Zeepen like we did? For $49 how can you go wrong.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote